[Resolved] Branch Banking and Trust Company / unauthorized fees assessed

Boynton Beach, FL, United States

I accessed my savings account online trying to determine if i wanted to deposit a lump sum check with BB&T, when i clicked the account I seen i was in my daughters account and not mine. I immediately noticed the account had been assessed a $5.00 fee for return statements. I called the bank and asked why did i get this fee. The rep replied she is not sure and that the address i verified is the same address. She credited back 1 fee and i said how many other fees did i get because the system is not letting me see any other transactions. She said she would have to forward the info to escalations. 3 days later i received a call and the lady i spoke with said Quote " you received the fee because when you changed the address the kids needed to call since they are the primary account holds and the rep changing the address forgot to make a change in the system" I was outraged because Number 1 this is a custodian account and i am the one that opened and maintain the accounts. My kids were 2 months old and now 14 & 17 and have no clue on calling them. WHAT the what. That was crazy. She said she could only credit me $10.00 per account and she really was doing me a favor. Thats when the call got real! The address they claim was returned was from17 years ago when i first opened the account & i havent been there since 2007. She had to forward the request and 13 days later i still had no call, when i called back the rep stated no ones has colled me because the last lady forgot to click a button for me to get a call back, after 15mins of requesting a manager she finnally transferred the call to a sup who was very lost & couldnt help or issue me a refund, I asked for his manger and he hung up. I then went in the branch and the sup there couldnt help but she was eager to close my 4 accounts that iv had since 2000 before the was even bank atlantic and before most of the staff was old enough to work. I finally had to file a complaint. There are 2 accounts and this was an error on t heir behalf not mine. Even if they credit the 2 accounts $45 each its mine. No have the authority to issue me a credit but they dont mine charging 39.00 for an over draft fee. And not 1 supervisor apologized to me.

• Resolution statement

• Please contact BB&T at 888-628-3926 or [protected]@bbandt.com for assistance with your account.

De