BP Little Store Duluth,MN / Refused Service Dog

1 18th and Superior StDuluth, MN, United States Review updated:

I was verbally assaulted by a store employee when I entered with my service animal and refused to give them my name, address, phone, and disability in writing. I was further refused service and made to leave under threatening of police involvement. I'm still shaken by this and have been informed by the one who was yelling at me that this is store policy. Apparently unless I am willing to sign away my medical privacy rights I'm not allowed to shop there simply because I am a disable American who depends on a service dog.

Ke

Comments

• Fa
      18th of Aug, 2008

On Friday August15 at approximately 5pm I walked into a Race Way Gas Station on 18302 N.W 183 st. I approached the counter and removed 30 Dollars from my waist bag, and asked the attendant to place same amount of gas on pump 15 where my vehicle was parked. The attendant gave me an angry look and started to verbally abuse me that i was giving him crushed up money and should not come back in that store with money like that. Iwent to pump my gas but attendant didnot put gas onservice. I pressed attendant button but he ignored me.After waiting for at least 6minutes i returned to the inside store and told the attendant to put the gas on the pump or return the money. He continued to be verbally abusive stating i do not know how to use gas pump, and he is not going to return my money . I decided to call the police, and had to wait approximately two hours for the officer to arrive .He finally put the gas on the pump as the officer stood there. I do not think that the owners of this company should tolerate such behaviour, in this company. I am demanding an apology and a gas card as an incentive for the time, emotional distress, and trouble that attendant put me through.

• Qu
      11th of Apr, 2009

The store should have the right to not allow an animal in their store.

If you don't like it shop somewhere else.