BP Gas Stationunruly manager

C

Manager: charles dawson
My experience this afternoon at the bp gas station located at 3639 peachtree rd has caused me to never for the rest of my life patron at any bp establishment. I had a horrible experience at this location. I came here as a patron and spent over $50. After getting a full tank of gas and other items I got into my truck to carry on with my day and my truck would not start. As I sat in my vehicle trying to figure out what the issue was the service men working just stood by and watched. I got out of my vehicle and asked the service men for help and they said they could not help me. I even tried to tell them that it would not start and I think it may have something to do with my alarm. The service man waved me to move out of the way so that a car could pull in to be serviced. I moved out of the way and the service man went on to say that he could not help me. I went back to my vehicle to call for help. As I was waiting for help to arrive the gas station manager came over yelling at me stating that I had ten minutes or he would call a tow truck or the police on me. I was crying and clearly in need of assistance. I informed the manager that a tow truck was on the way for me. He then repeated yelling again that I had ten minutes and I was making him lose money. He was extremely rude and did not show any empathy towards me. I am a young african american lady and they refused to assist me in any way. The tow truck company the manager called came before my tow truck came. I was speaking with the tow truck driver to allow him to go ahead and tow my vehicle when the manager came back over once again screaming at me that I was making him lose business and he was going to call the police on me. I was very cooperative with the manager and the tow truck driver and I felt attacked by the gas station manager. He yelled at me the entire time instead of speaking to me as a patron who had just spent money at his establishment. Needless to say I will never ever patron at this establishment again and I will advise other to not patron there either. I am very disappointed with the lack of customer service this location does not provide. This was a horrific experience and as a female I felt helpless and bullied. The tow truck driver apologized for the rude managers behavior and said that his company does business with them and he will report my experience to his boss. The tow truck driver even tried to help me start my truck before putting it up on the tow truck. I told him that it would be ok for him to just tow it to my residence. I appreciated the courtesy of the truck driver, but it will not help to change the way I feel about this establishment. I am extremely bothered by this experience.

• Mo
    Mostly Sunny Jan 15, 2011

This manager should be fired! He was not justified in yelling at you. I am sure the people around you observed his rudness and will comment on it to other people. He is bad for business and needs to be in another line of work.
    I am sorry you had to go through this but next time laugh at them, they get really confused!

Jay Johnson 1 Feb 02, 2011

I FILED A COMPLAINT WITH AM PM GAS STATIONS, A SUSIDIARY OF B P OIL A MANAGER / EMPLOYEE ASSAULTED AND BATTERED ME WITJOUT ANY LEGAL PROVOCATION. HIS REASON STATED WAS THAT I WAS TEASING HIS WIFE, ANOTHWER AM PM EMPLOYEE. I AM WAITING A RESPONSE FROM THEM MY TEASING WAS NOT INSULTING AND I KNEW THE EMPLOYEE AND HAD JOKED AND TEASED WITH BOTH OF THEM BEFORE FOR MORE THAN THREE YEARS