Bottom Line Books / harrassment

1 P. O. Box 11014, Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: None

I ordered their Mind Boosting Secrets book a while back. Received the book and elected to keep it. Few weeks later I received a bill that listed out as $47.94. I do not remember why it was so much; however, I went ahead and paid for the books and sent a check on July 8, 2008. The check has cleared.

Few weeks later I received another bill for $35.92. This time I was a bit upset since there was no way to communicate with this company online or by telephone. I did not want to play the game of not paying for this since in my younger years I was burnt by standing my ground over $50.00. It was not worth it to do the same thing over $35.92 so I wrote a check on August 5, 2008 for the $35.92.

Well guess what...today I received another bill from them saying that this is Past Due payment is required now. This is for the $35.92. I will be sending a registered mail to Otto Huebner who is the Credit Manager. Now, I am sure that there is no one named Otto Huebner. Now I just did a white pages search for Otto and guess what...there is no Otto Huebner in the city of Des Moines, Iowa - there is no Otto Huebner anywhere in Iowa. This is the name on the bill that I received.

Hope this helps. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. There are enough complaints on here about this company that the BBB needs to be involved.

Comments

• Ly
      26th of Nov, 2008

I've just had the very same experience, and found this site while trying to find the name of the president/CEO of Bottom Line - and address. I was charged only $35.92, however, and paid it immediately upon receipt of the bill. Got the 2nd notice so had my bank write to them since I had sent an electronic check. I also wrote to them. This time I'm enlarging everything that was sent to 11x17" size paper and writing on it with a Sharpie, with lots of pink highlighting around it telling them that it was paid - and that they need new staff... Hopefully, some staff member will get it together and figure things out. Now I'm looking for how to reach the president with my copy!

I had a similar experience with a previous book - and finally just paid it a second time to avoid back credit rating. GRRRRRR!

• Ly