Having problems with Bottom Line?

1800 678 5835 (Customer Service)
+1 800 274 5611 (Personal Subscription)
+1 800 289 0409 (Health Subscription)
+1 866 444 2086 (Payments)
3 Landmark Square Suite 201

PO Box 422318, Palm Coast, FL 32142-6662

To Return a Book
1 Returns Way, Des Moines, IA 50982

Complaints & Reviews

want to return books received

Billed for books not ordered. Want to return have not paid the bill. No phone number to call or web site...

unsolicited books

Received an unsolicited "Bottom Line Yearbook 2009" about a month ago. I e-mailed them that I had not...

Unsolicited - No responce to return

I received a Bottom Line Yearbook 2009 which I did not order. I e-mailed Bottom Line Books customer service stating I didn't order the book and I would not pay for it. I ask for a mailing label to return the book to them a month ago but have never received a reply from them. Today I received an invoice for $31.90 for the book. I certainly don't intend to pay it. It seems this a common practice for this organization. Isn't there some kind of action being taken to stop this fraud. What are a persons options when they are a victem.

• Ag
    AG Dec 03, 2008

I have ordered the yearbook 2009, but they had advertised that I could return it within a month and not be billed in this case. Now I'm trying to find out how to return it since there is no return label. I have asked the customer service twice. No reply yet. I just wanted to post this comment so that people would know you're not alone!

• Sc
    S. Cashion Dec 22, 2008

I, too, have been entangled with Bottom Line Books. Several weeks ago I ordered "Healing Remedies", which I received and paid for. Then shortly thereafter, I received the Bottom Line Yearbook 2009, which I did not order. Since I wasn't interested in this book, I called their offices and was told by a service representative to mark the book "RETURN TO SENDER".
    Now I keep getting bills which are getting nastier with each one, telling me that I placed the order and agreed to pay for it, that I have not returned the book, and that I have not responded in any other way to the bills mailed to me.
    Why is this company allowed to get by with this ?
    I most certainly will NEVER do business with them again and will probably have to contact the Better Business Bureau to see if there is anything else I can do.
    I believe the old adage is very true--LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

Resolved fraud and cheating

I have a bill for 39.02 again this month and I have repeatedly asked for them to cancel me from their list...

sent 2009 year book that I never ordered

I received in the mail, a Bottom Line Book, titled Bottom Line Year Book 2009 that I did not order. I am...

unautorized shipment and billing

I received a package from Bottom line books - I did not order these books. I remember filling out some information a while back in order to read an article or something of that nature and there was something about offering me some free books but I would NEVER agree to buy something without knowing what it was first.

The books came with a cover letter and a bill.
"Dear _____...the new book you ordered from Bottom Line Books is here!"

There are three of them: TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS, BOTTOM lINE'S UNCOMMON CURES, and MEDICAL BLUNNDERS.
It goes on to say that I should make my check for $47.94 to Bottom Line Books.

Can't locate a website or phone number... I don't have the package as it was shipped to my parents house in the states and I live in England.

• Pa
    Pat Ensor Oct 01, 2010

This is the third book I have received in mail. I believe I ordered ONE, already pd for it and don't want anymore. I sent second book back without even checking out contents and now, the inconvenience of another. I think it's time to report them to BBB.

unsolicited book delivery and repeated billing. no available way to contact them.

I purchased a book once from Bottom Line Books and paid for it promptly.

This past July 08, I received an unsolicited Book from them. Knowing that I didn't order it I retuned the book. It was sent back because I had open the Label/invoice on the book carton. I did not open the carton itself. I have tried in vain to contact them by internet search and by mail to request return instructions. In stead I keep receiving past Due bills for 47.94. I am disabled and have no discretionary income, therefore, I am positive that I didn't order this book. I don't wish to keep it nor can I afford to buy it.

Doing my internet search for this company I found that this is a regular practice for I found a lot of complaints for my same situation on the web.

What can I do to rid myself of this book and obligation? Please help if you can.

Miki Waggoner

2217 River Trail Rd.
Prescott, AZ 86301
[protected]

• Do
    Doc Man Dec 26, 2008

Hi - I typed into Google "Bottom Line Books Customer Service" and then went to their "Contact Us" page. Pretty simple. Their phone number is: 1-800-678-5835" and I then pressed #0 to bypass the phone tree. If you look on their bill, you will see an account number. Funny, I have been buying from them for years and like their "Yearly" book. I did receive a prior mailing from them informing me that my new "annual" would be coming my way which was good for me. But I am a previous customer of theirs. Anyway, good luck and take care.

Regards,
    Dave

Check Validity

Impossible to find your phone number. I received a check $7.99 from
Bottomline Books, [protected]; 010-[protected]. What is this in reference to? I need this verified for valididty before I dare cash it.

Thanks for your help.
Evelyn H Wallace
1763 Raintree Commons Drive
Richmond, Va 23238

harrassment

I ordered their Mind Boosting Secrets book a while back. Received the book and elected to keep it. Few weeks later I received a bill that listed out as $47.94. I do not remember why it was so much; however, I went ahead and paid for the books and sent a check on July 8, 2008. The check has cleared.

Few weeks later I received another bill for $35.92. This time I was a bit upset since there was no way to communicate with this company online or by telephone. I did not want to play the game of not paying for this since in my younger years I was burnt by standing my ground over $50.00. It was not worth it to do the same thing over $35.92 so I wrote a check on August 5, 2008 for the $35.92.

Well guess what...today I received another bill from them saying that this is Past Due payment is required now. This is for the $35.92. I will be sending a registered mail to Otto Huebner who is the Credit Manager. Now, I am sure that there is no one named Otto Huebner. Now I just did a white pages search for Otto and guess what...there is no Otto Huebner in the city of Des Moines, Iowa - there is no Otto Huebner anywhere in Iowa. This is the name on the bill that I received.

Hope this helps. I WOULD NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN. There are enough complaints on here about this company that the BBB needs to be involved.

• Ly
    Lynmur Nov 26, 2008

I've just had the very same experience, and found this site while trying to find the name of the president/CEO of Bottom Line - and address. I was charged only $35.92, however, and paid it immediately upon receipt of the bill. Got the 2nd notice so had my bank write to them since I had sent an electronic check. I also wrote to them. This time I'm enlarging everything that was sent to 11x17" size paper and writing on it with a Sharpie, with lots of pink highlighting around it telling them that it was paid - and that they need new staff... Hopefully, some staff member will get it together and figure things out. Now I'm looking for how to reach the president with my copy!

I had a similar experience with a previous book - and finally just paid it a second time to avoid back credit rating. GRRRRRR!

• Ly
    Lynmur Nov 26, 2008

Here's what I found for writing to the president of Bottom Line Books:

Ellen Anjay, President
    Bottom Line Books
    3600 Army Post Rd
    Des Moines, IA 50321-2906

Resolved no customer service phone nuber

I sent them two payments in full for the same book by mistake. I would like to discuss it with a customer...

receiving bill for order I did not place

I received books I did not order and I returned them and they send a letter acknowledging that I did not...

did not order ultimate healing

I was sent a postcard, to either order the book Ultimate Healing by not doing anything or send the postcard back if I did not want the book. I returned the postcard but received the book anyway.

Martin Hawk Apr 18, 2008

It was probably a mistake from the shipping people. I am an avid customer over 30 years and never had any problems sending books back that I don't want even if I ordered it.

Just send it back and send them a letter or call for a shipping refund they are online and you can find their phone number.

1-800-678-5835

They are very nice on the phone and willing to help you

marlin Feb 02, 2009

Thanks Martin for the phone #.

Our problem is now solved.

scam billing!

I was sent a book from Bottomline Books, which I returned months ago. I am continuously receiving bills from...

request for payment!

I ordered a book from Bottom Line Books (my first mistake) and was told that I had 30 days to view the book...

free bottom line year book

Received two (02) unsolicited yearbook 2008 with cover that said your FREE GIFT is enclosed. About 3 week...

sending unsolicited books!

Another victim here of the unsolicited book scam being perpetrated by Bottom Line Books. Mine came with no invoice, labeled that there was a 'free gift inside' . As I had bought Bottom Line 2007 (not worth the money) it initially appeared the book itself was the 'free gift' for past patronage of the company. Apparently the free gift was a calendar inside but you only knew that if you looked at the various ads enclosed ( in a vain search for an invoice or some other explanation of why you got the book). No phone number to call. I assume the idea was to wait till near the end or after the usual '30-day approval' period that comes with books, then send the bill and when you realized the scam, tell you it was 'too late' and you were stuck with the book. Anyone without access to the internet would clearly be totally stuck - no phone number, no way to contact these folks. Thankfully in looking for a number, I came across the many sites describing this scam and realized I was being 'had'. The only phone number I found on their site - which is www.bottomlinesecrets.com - was their Stamford, Connecticut publishers (Boardroom, Inc., 281 Tresser Boulevard, Stamford, CT 06901, [protected]). However the person at that number provided the ACTUAL contact number, which is [protected].

You call that number and get a long spiel about how if you ordered Treasury of Health Secrets and its been many weeks and you haven't received it yet 'don't worry, be happy'. Don't be dissuaded. That's the correct number. Talk to the real person. Write down the name. As soon as you describe the problem, she (or he) will launch into an 'explanation' of how you managed to be 'subscribed' to something without your knowledge or consent - basically 'when you order from us, we put you on a subscription list for future mailings'. I cut it off mid-sentence, asked her if she wanted the book back and if so to forward
postage, to remove my name from their databanks for all ads, mailing, and sending anything whatsoever. She agreed to 'send a return label', which may take '7 to 10 business days'. I only hope this is the end of it.

My suggestions. Make a formal complaint with the Attorney General offices, consumer fraud division in YOUR OWN STATE (state where damage suffered), IOWA (state where activity is coming from) and CONNECTICUT (state where the corporate responsibility lies. Of the three, I'd especially pursue the one in Connecticut. That's where the 'profit trail' leads. If you're
further embedded in the mess and they're trying to 'collect' for something you didn't order, which seems to be the case with a lot of the comments, send the collection agency and the 3 major credit agencies (Experian and what ever the other two are) a copy of your letters to the AGs. If the collection attempts don't stop, send a letter to the AG's Office about the collection agency itself. Send more than one if necessary. And if all else fails and your Attorney General's office is unresponsive, contact one of the media programs in the larger cities that do special programs on scams that affect a lot of people. You'd probably be doing the public a great favor.

Matt Burkhart Feb 16, 2008

They sent an unsolicited book. It said Free Gift enclosed on outside cover with no packing list inside. One week later, I received a bill for Yearbook 2008. I found the following numbers and addresses and will call when their offices are open. I've subscribed to the magazine for some time and bought a book recently with no problems. If this is not resolved in a favorable manner, I will cease doing business with the company.

Contact info for Bottom Line

• El
    Elre Long Feb 18, 2008

Your info was very helpful, I did call using your 800 number and so far it worked to obtain a zero balance... Thank You.

• Da
    Darby Mar 04, 2008

Thank you for this advice! I called the 800 number you recommended, and am getting return postage for the book, and am off their database. This was extremely helpful.

unauthorized charge!

I received a package of books today that I did not order from this company. I called the company and wa...

recieved an empty box

I recieved a missed delivery ticket from the Post Office, I didn't order anything so I assumed it was a late Christmas gift or something to that effect . When The woman at the Post Office handed me the package which was supposed to contain a book called "Bottom Line Yearbook 2008" from Bottom Line Books, she explained to me that the box had been recieved empty but they are still required to deliver it regardless, in order for the recipient to take action or make new arrangements from whatever company it had been shipped from.
Well the "Bottom Line Is" I never ordered the book in the first place and to make matters worse there was an Invoice attached with a Due On Receipt of Package Bill for $35.90 I was not amused and I will take legal action if they try to collect on this falsely imposed dept.

• Sc
    Scott Johnson Jan 03, 2008

Have you contacted their customer support to discuss these details?

Pablo

• Ha
    Harvey Rogers Jan 12, 2008

I JUST RECIEVED THREE BOOKS FROM YOU, I DID NOT ORDER.
    TREASURY OF HEALTH SECRETS NE
    BOTTOM LINE'S UNCOMMON CURES
    MEDICAL BLUNDERS
    WAS CHARGED $47.90
    I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF YOU PEOPLE !
    WHAT KIND OF SCAM IS THIS ??

Anna Marie Alva Feb 08, 2008

I received a delivery (an empty package) from the Post Office. Went to the Post Office with the empty package which was supposed to contain books called "Treasury of Health Secrets", "Bottom Line Uncommon Cures" and "Medical Blunders" from Bottom Line Books. He explained to me that the box had been recieved empty but they are still required to deliver it regardless, in order for the recipient to take action or make new arrangements from whatever company it had been shipped from. There was an Invoice attached with a Due On Receipt of Package Bill for $47.54. I have received books from you before and this has never happen. Please advise, what action needs to be taken and I will take legal action if you try to collect on this falsely delivery. The delivery date was February 6, 2008.

Also, please do not send me any books that have not been ordered.

Thank You!
    Anna Marie Alva
    835 W Mayfield Blvd
    San Antonio, Texas 78211

• Pa
    Patrick Mesiti Jun 02, 2008

Happened to me too/.
    What happened with your complaint?

unsolicited book!

Bottom Line Books keeps sending their annual book despite notes sent to the on the prior bill. These book...

book never received

I ordered this book, Treasury of Health Secrets, but NEVER received it. After awhile they sent me a bill...