Bookit.com / misrepresentation

1 MD, United States Review updated:

Check other options first!!! I purchased a vacation package I thought was on the beach at sandos playacar riviera hotel and spa only to find out it is 10 minutes away from the beach! Although pictures represented people on the beach etc, if you stay in the "riviera complex" of this "resort" you're going to be 10 minutes away. I called bookit.com to complain about this and the only thing they offered was a downgrade to a 3 star room, from my 5 star room in order to be "closer" to the beach. They did offer to change hotels for me. But I liked the accomodations of this new all inclusive resort. I'm feeling let down and left out in the cold and I know my wife is disappointed. This was going to be our honeymoon as we didn't have a chance to have one when we married 3 years ago. So make sure you ask obvious questions before you make your decision! Good luck to you all, I hope i've helped at least one person out.

Jo

Comments

Ni
  21st of Jun, 2011

How repugnant a company! - im so sorry this happened to you and your wife. As someone who only just got wise to this scam id like to say thank you to yourself and all of the other ppl who have posted their experiences. I hope that you guys do get to have your long anticipated honeymoon, how sad that a company would profit from destroying ppls holidays. I really feel for everyone who has posted about arriving for their vacation and found that theyve been the victims of this repellant scam. How shameful they should feel!

Br
  29th of Apr, 2013

Do NOT stay at sandos playacar!! it is one of the most fraudulent resorts in Mexico, , and you'll be constantly harassed by the timeshare folks. Believe me, i speak for experience, you should check out this other forum with more complaints made to royal elite timeshare sales tactics: