Bookit.com / worst travel arrangement experience ever!

By far, the worst travel arrangement experience I have EVER had, or expect to ever have, as long as I stay far and clear from this company forever.

I booked a trip to Costa Rica with them (based on good rates). Somehow, I managed to have a good trip at my destination, but no thanks to these guys. I had so much stress in dealing with their mistakes from the point of booking through my actual travels - thank god I was on vacation, otherwise, I would have needed one desperately from dealing with them.

Here is a run-down on the countless problems I had:
1) Their web system defaulted our flights to an airport that is 5 hours away from our resort by car
2) After booking online, I called in to find out about airport to hotel transfers and they gave me transfers from the airport that's 1 hour away to my hotel
3) 2 days later, they called me back to let me know what I paid for my transfers was insufficient, which is when I discovered their "default" airport is actually 5 hours away
4) They tried to blame us for the mistake, but I refused to let them
5) Thus, ensued a battle of about 10+ phone calls & 10+ emails to get "complimentary helicopter transfers" from the airport I was booked to, SJO, to LIR, the resort's local airport (many of my calls, messages and emails were left unanswered btw)
7) Finally, they gave in and confirmed to give us these transfers and I naively thought everything was settled
8) I departed on a Tues. AM around midnight, had a transfer in Houston, and then off to SJO... upon arrival at SJO, I got the worse news of all! First, the "helicopter" we were booked on is a totally difference airport clear across town! I didn't even have the name for it! Secondly, the helicopter we were booked on was CANCELLED!!

We were luck enough to find helpful people who got us on the phone with the helicopter company (which was actually a small jets company, not helicopters). They were nice enough to send a driver to drive us from SJO to LIR, which caused us greater time delay & the need to suffer the brutal 5-hour car ride.

On the way back, we confirmed with our hotel concierge ahead of time that the small jet was not cancelled, so we took that back to the main city, but had to foot our own cab bill and the over-weight luggage charge (anything over 20 lbs was overweight) from the jet company, obviously also unknown to us.

I'm a little amazed we actually made it back considering all the drama. When we finally got back, I found out I got a msg from bookit.com advising me of the "helicopter" schedule change and asking me to call them back. I had already departed my origin airport over 6 hours ago by the time they left that msg. Thanks guys, really helpful.

All I have to say is STAY AWAYYYYY, run & hide, as fast as you can!

A  4th of Jun, 2010 by
I am trying to find as many people i can located that BOOKIT has ripped off and/or breached there own policy. I think after we get enough people to act on this, we can make them fix it or close it. I can be reached at usmchero11@yahoo.com

BookIt.com Logo BookIt.com