[Resolved] Booking.com — failure to fulfil basic conditions
This complaint is addressed to the Booking customer service and guests' rights:
We booked 2 nights at the Hostel Lisbon Forever 14-16th November 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
The hostel did not provide us with the basic conditions, as detailed below:
- No hot water during the two days of our stay
- Air conditioner / central heating did not work - cold rooms, passages, kitchen, bathrooms
- Air conditioner did work in our room, but it made a lot of noise, which inhibited sleeping. We had to switch it off in order to sleep in a cold room
- Room-repair work and painting in progress during our stay - workers in the hostel did not respect the silence hours - we could not sleep in the mornings
- Reception hours not respected
We complained to the reception on the 14th - they promised to repair hot water and, as compensation, offered us 25% of the total amount. However, they did not comply with the promised conditions - there was no hot water for the rest of our stay. We lost a lot of time waiting for the hot water to be repaired, which was not. One of the guests was sent to have a shower to another hostel, 16th morning.
We claim both moral and financial compensation for the failure to fulfil the basic conditions (hot water, warn room and silence).
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
Booking.com Customer Care's Response · Dec 17, 2017
Dear Ieva Ḥawwāh,
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or disappointment this situation caused. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve our services.
We’re happy to help you with your reservation, but first we’d need some additional information from you.
Please provide as many details as you can and send the email to customer.[protected]@booking.com
• Confirmation number:
• PIN code:
• Email address (used to make the reservation):
• Accommodation name and location:
• Check-in date and check-out date:
• Issue or concern:
You can reach our customer care team here: https://goo.gl/gQc3gY
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Booking.com Customer Service Team
More Booking.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Booking.com - never give your credit card details to booking.com 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - scam 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - bad service 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - to cancel hotel reservation 
- [Resolved] Booking.com - defamatory review 
- Booking.com - fraudulent invicing 
- Booking.com - hotel booking 
- Booking.com - complaint against elements hotel times square 
- Booking.com - oyo townhouse 16 ilford hill 3-star hotel
- Booking.com - cancellation policy