BMW SMG Repair Centre / fraudulent repairs / bad workmanship
Utterly Disgusted with BMW SMG South Africa...
2012 BMW 1 series was involved in an accident and has been left at the SMG Repair Centre Briardene on the 13 December 2013 and up to this day, I do not have my vehicle back. I have now declined repairs on the vehicle 4 times due to bad workmanship on paint and overall repairs.
I met with the manager of the repair centre last week. Selvan advised that when I arrive, he will have a 40 point check done and a quality assurance certificate to state that everything is 100%. Nothing was produced and furthermore Upon inspection, we found the following:
Wrong Sealers being used on finishes
Further Damage to the new replacement fender and wheel arch.
Wrong welding techniques used with regards to overall repairs
Sealers not being used in other major areas
Prima not applied to key areas of the repair
Forced and damage signs to repaired areas which are under panels (trying to cover up/ hide damages)
No signs of factory finishes (spot welding)
The list still goes on…..
All the above mentioned was stipulated to the manager and part of his team by myself and a professional repairer whereby no one could answer to FACTS and EVIDENCE present on my vehicle.
I am utterly disappointed with the workmanship and dishonesty of the BMW Briardene Team and further more: Fraudulent Misrepresentation of workmanship
How many vehicles have left Briardene SMG without proper checks being done as customers think they have peace of mind.
I am highly disappointed with the integrity of staff and workmanship of trained individuals.
Duration to date for repairs= 4 months 6 days and now they want to do repairs for the 5th time... Appauling
More BMW SMG Repair Centre Complaints & Reviews
- BMW - bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer 
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train. 
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems! 
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522 
- BMW Canada - poor customer service 
- Center BMW Service - customer service
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - BMW engine poor manufacturing design
- BMW Of Monrovia - dealership did not comply on what was agreed
- Beverly Hills BMW - these guys took money for insurance and it turned out that it didn't cover all the damage and wear of car
- BMW of Nashville - terrible service