BMW SMG Repair Centre / fraudulent repairs / bad workmanship

South Africa Review updated:

Utterly Disgusted with BMW SMG South Africa...

2012 BMW 1 series was involved in an accident and has been left at the SMG Repair Centre Briardene on the 13 December 2013 and up to this day, I do not have my vehicle back. I have now declined repairs on the vehicle 4 times due to bad workmanship on paint and overall repairs.
I met with the manager of the repair centre last week. Selvan advised that when I arrive, he will have a 40 point check done and a quality assurance certificate to state that everything is 100%. Nothing was produced and furthermore Upon inspection, we found the following:

Wrong Sealers being used on finishes
Further Damage to the new replacement fender and wheel arch.
Wrong welding techniques used with regards to overall repairs
Sealers not being used in other major areas
Prima not applied to key areas of the repair
Forced and damage signs to repaired areas which are under panels (trying to cover up/ hide damages)
No signs of factory finishes (spot welding)
The list still goes on…..

All the above mentioned was stipulated to the manager and part of his team by myself and a professional repairer whereby no one could answer to FACTS and EVIDENCE present on my vehicle.

I am utterly disappointed with the workmanship and dishonesty of the BMW Briardene Team and further more: Fraudulent Misrepresentation of workmanship

How many vehicles have left Briardene SMG without proper checks being done as customers think they have peace of mind.

I am highly disappointed with the integrity of staff and workmanship of trained individuals.

Duration to date for repairs= 4 months 6 days and now they want to do repairs for the 5th time... Appauling

Steven Goodall
VIN WBA1A12030E689181
Ph. [protected]
Ph. [protected]
Email [protected]@gmail.com

St
Mar 18, 2014

Comments

• Ve
      25th of Jun, 2014

Yesterday someone called me. And he is said I m calling from you are the lucky person you won 3600000 but i cant to belive it but now he is said you first deposit 15500 and after I will transfer the money to your account now I want to verify its a true or not really the money was there in my account

• Ou
      25th of Jun, 2014

What do YOU think. ????? Send nothing. If it sounds too good to be true then it usually is !