BMW / rear coil spring failure

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I can't believe that the rear coil springs of the X3 are subject to premature failure. My local mechanic showed me the bottom of a broken spring from a customer with a 2004 X3 with only 83, 000 miles. On a visit to the local BMW dealer, a service rep when asked said something like "sure does happen with BMWs and it's due to the road salt in the northeast". The spring replacement is not covered by warranty. I am told that BMW wanted about $1000 to replace the defective springs on the car. I have an 1987 El Camino that has been a daily driver since new. It has coil springs and about 265, 000 miles and has the original rear coil springs. My '04 X3 has about 62, 000 miles. Waiting for the shoe to drop.

BMW quality? Not!

Comments

• Su
      27th of Feb, 2008
    BMW - scam letter
    stardust travel, inc.
    21535 cypress hammock dr.
    Boca Raton
    Florida
    Phone: 561-852-9251

I received an e-mail from Engr. Lloyd Bradford, International awareness Promotions, BMW, London, saying I won a new car & 450 thousand Great british pounds, reference #2551256003/23.
    Please reply to Susan Spirt
    srs2@bellsouth.net

• Ka
      2nd of Apr, 2009
    BMW - winner scam
    United Kingdom

The BMW scam that was noted in 2007 is back again, I got the following email with an attachment with pictures of the MD! I

THE INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS
    PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF
    THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.
    22 Garden Close, Stamford,
    Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
    United Kingdom.

Reference Number: BMW:2551256003/23
    Oppen the attachment you will see the details .

• Le
      4th of Mar, 2010

Similiar Mail I recieved with refernce no: REFERENCE NUMBER:BMW:25515600DS.

Why the BMW Company is not taking action on this scam.

He asked me to send the info to this mail ID "bmw_claimscenter@admin.in.th" .

I dont have a clue how the company doesn't look into the matter. when its company name is being spoilt.

• Hi
      13th of May, 2010

THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.

Dear Winner,
    Your Reference NUMBER BMW: 2541236004/25.and drew to the lucky number: 29
    Congratulations, you have just won a cash prize of £650, 000.00 .great British pounds (GBP) (six hundred and fifty thousand ) Great British Pounds and one BMW 5 series car in the
    satellite software email lottery. On line Sweepstakes International
    program Conducted by BMW LOTTERY BOARD in which
    your e-mail address was picking up randomly by software powered by the
    Internet.
    CONTACT OUR CLAIMS AGENT:BAR., CHRISTOPHER GIGGS
    TEL: +44-701-003-8753)
    Email:claims_department2010@live.com
    Forward the following details to enable us clear your file for
    immediate payment and delivery of your winnings:

1.Full Names:
    8.Country:
    9.State:
    10.Won before:
    11.Annual Income:
    MR. CHRISTOPHER GIGGS (THE DIRECTOR OF PROMOTIONS)
    BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT

• Ap
      7th of Mar, 2011
    BMW - Notification regarding lotttery win
    BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY
    India

Received a mail regarding me winning 1 million GBP. I would like you to confirm if it is true or a scam.

• Ro
      16th of Mar, 2011

Just came from the BMW dealership and was told that my 2004 X3 needs to have the rear coil springs replaced because one was broken. They never mentioned that this was an issue with this model but now that I'm doing the research, I realize that it's common.

• Ke
      21st of Mar, 2011
    BMW - BOOK re:problems
    BMW

There is a BMW dealer releasing a book soon that documents a behind the scenes look at the world of BMW.From engineering cover ups, to sexual misconduct, watch for:Greed Between the Sheets, Behind the Roundel by EF Kelly.

• Ke
      21st of Mar, 2011

Yes, he has ten years of dirt, it is gonna be nasty

• Al
      30th of May, 2011
    BMW - warranty fraud
    BMW USA
    Tustin
    California

The edge protection around my two door BMW is falling off. It is a risk as it falls when I am driving. Auto under manufacturer's warranty. Dealer is unable to repair it. BMW USA wants me to pay $385 to replace edge protection before they repair it under warranty. I believe the tables have turned. German cars are no longer better quality than American cars. My next car will be an American made car.

• Ri
      12th of Jun, 2011
    BMW - fake lottory
    lottory
    India

i recieved a sms on my phone. in this sms i won a bmw car and 500000gbp. Mr. jerry magnus dipomat of bmw company saying me to deposit 25000 indian rupees in a/c 20088228129.

• Da
      21st of Jun, 2011

I, too, am faced with needing both coil springs replaced on my 2005 X3 with 86, 000 miles. My car is garage kept, no off roading ever, and just driven on suburban roads. I called BMW and was told by Kelly "too bad", I was out of warranty. I see so many posts on this that I can't believe that BMW has not done anything to correct this problem. Some posters have had the springs replaced more than once!

• Co
      29th of Jun, 2011

Dear Complainant,

We have received your complaints and queries.We have gone through your complaint and after contact with The British High Commission.The donor companies; we have understood that there is a series of LOTTERY and giving Out of CASH reward from The United Kingdom.This series of LOTTERY and sweepstakes are being conducted for the upliftment of the people in the developing and under developing countries to eradicate poverty and illiteracy. We have verified and clarified from the United Kingdom Financial institution bodies that the only legal and authorized body responsible for all forms of LOTTERY and sweepstakes being conducted in the United Kingdom is.The WPC (wpc.center.london@live.com), London. Any other means apart from WPC is not legal and been approved by the Great Britain Government.In this regards, we have forwarded your complaint to the Winning Processing Centre through Email.We request you to forward your complaint and queries to the WPC. Their contact details are given below. We assure you that they will assist you to know the fact of your complaint and to solve the issue. Do not contact anybody else there is a lot of fraud and only WPC and HMRC can pay the money to you if it is truth.

Kindly contact the WPC:-(wpc.center.london@live.com)

Regards,
    Admin Team
    Consumer Board.in

• Me
      8th of Aug, 2011

I have an 07 x3 with 62, 000 miles. I just picked it up this morning from having the springs replaced. Cost was $655 at West German BMW Ft. Washington PA. They just acted like it was as routine as changing the oil. They also blamed it on road salt. It's frustrating when I've had so many old cars with original springs. These cars are fun to drive but there are a lot of suprises when it comes to keeping them on the road.

• Si
      9th of Aug, 2011
    BMW - to claim price
    bmw mobile lotery
    amritsar
    Indiana
    Phone: 9803085872
    simranjit_cool99@yahoo.com

hi i m simran, i received a message from draw your mobile won 500, 000. 00 in 2011bmw mobile lottery. and contact Mr M FRANKLIN . email;data. smsnotice@live. com. tel;+447014245861. and my mobile no;9803085872. i want to claim my price

17th of Aug, 2011
    BMW - prize

i m jagdish i get message on my mobile phone that my mobile win 500, 000.00 dolar how i claim prize orget my prize

• Un
      25th of Nov, 2011

BMW charges $500 for issue a letter of clerance of recall for a 2011 BMW car imported from USA. By law imported vehicle may need to reprogrammed that the day running light can not be turned off. BMW charges about $500 for just change one value in their program on the vehicle. Also BMW Canada force the dealer to impose change the instrument console before the letter can be issue. The charge about $3000 for totally un-necessary changing instrument console. Basically BMW Canada force you to spent about $5000 for almost brand new car from USA to registerable in Canada. If this is not an illegal scam what is?

• Hi
      2nd of Dec, 2011
    BMW - Very poor quality
    BMW

Very poor quality for a German Automobile. I sold my 2005 X3 because the window lifts kept breaking, so I sold it before it broke the bank.

• Sl
      23rd of Apr, 2012

I do have a 08 X3 and 86000Km's and i have both of my rear coils broken... same answer, not on warranty. I have one of my front shock that is broken too. I'm driving the same as dark1217, I leave my garage in the morning, park in a downtown inside garage and do the same return trip in afternoon.

The dealer told me that he can take charge of the part (one absorber) and I have to pay for both coil springs + all the men's time.

I tough that BMW had a good quality of product, but from what I see it like the lemons of branded cars.

• Fu
      24th of Apr, 2012
    BMW - not cliam my prize
    bmw
    mobiledraw@live.com

i have recived message but i not recived my prize. its this relly fake company.??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• Tj
      29th of Jul, 2012
    BMW - SCAM
    BMW Motor Awards
    28 Tanfield Rd
    London
    United Kingdom

reporting scam for winning cash and BMW series 5 car signed by Mrs Recheal Lampard. Email address riampard123@yahoo.cn..they requested name address nationality/country age phone/Fax/Sex and email address cash amount was 450, 000.00 gbp
    so tired of these scams I, m sure BMW doesn, t appreciate this either tks d. olsen
    confirmation code was/Ref number BMW:2551256003/23