BMW — bmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer
BMW wants to buy me out of my car and agree to not disclose that all '6' series, meaning 645i and 650 models have a problem with the computer related to entertainment, bluetooth, and that cd's will run after motor is shut off etc. Before I agree to sign to receive the buy out and a non disclosure on Monday July 24th, 2006, I wanted to let every BMW owner of the six series to know.
Here is a text of the problem:
All BMW 6 series have onboard computer problems and after 18 months they now disclose that the problem is in all the series so i cannot get replacement vehlicle.
After 18 months of problems with the entertainment system[cd's silently continue to play after engine is shut off] and telephone and bluetooth don't work properly. Also entertainment will randomly change from one to another, like cd to fm radio. Dealer at time of sale said BMW usually fixes problems with the computer in 60-90 days. Emails from me to dealer and BMW North America were not responded to without my insistance. In may 1006, auto with 8500 miles still not fixed so I wrote a 'lemon law' letter. BMW North America said their engineers would again look at the car,... they did in June 2006, and then manager of dealership advised I could not get a replacement vehicle as a remedy because all the six series have problems. They offered to buy me out of the car per lemon law or give me $9500 compensation. I agreed to a buy out and now in exchange for buying me out they informed me that BMW North America is insisting I sign a release and a clause that I will not disclose to any one the nature of the problem. I think every buyer of the six series, a $75,000 car should know. BMW northamerica wants to keep this a secret apparently.
More BMW Complaints & Reviews
- BMW X3 2007 - loud annoying noise from drive train. 
- BMW Canada - vehicle problems! 
- Bmw Uk - scam hp - 622129, 8468009522 
- BMW Canada - poor customer service 
- BMW - rear coil spring failure 
- Center BMW Service - customer service
- BMW / Bayerische Motoren Werke AG - BMW engine poor manufacturing design
- BMW Of Monrovia - dealership did not comply on what was agreed
- Beverly Hills BMW - these guys took money for insurance and it turned out that it didn't cover all the damage and wear of car
- BMW of Nashville - terrible service