BMWbmw 6 series auto has problems with on board computer

Z

BMW wants to buy me out of my car and agree to not disclose that all '6' series, meaning 645i and 650 models have a problem with the computer related to entertainment, bluetooth, and that cd's will run after motor is shut off etc. Before I agree to sign to receive the buy out and a non disclosure on Monday July 24th, 2006, I wanted to let every BMW owner of the six series to know.

Here is a text of the problem:

All BMW 6 series have onboard computer problems and after 18 months they now disclose that the problem is in all the series so i cannot get replacement vehlicle.

After 18 months of problems with the entertainment system[cd's silently continue to play after engine is shut off] and telephone and bluetooth don't work properly. Also entertainment will randomly change from one to another, like cd to fm radio. Dealer at time of sale said BMW usually fixes problems with the computer in 60-90 days. Emails from me to dealer and BMW North America were not responded to without my insistance. In may 1006, auto with 8500 miles still not fixed so I wrote a 'lemon law' letter. BMW North America said their engineers would again look at the car,... they did in June 2006, and then manager of dealership advised I could not get a replacement vehicle as a remedy because all the six series have problems. They offered to buy me out of the car per lemon law or give me $9500 compensation. I agreed to a buy out and now in exchange for buying me out they informed me that BMW North America is insisting I sign a release and a clause that I will not disclose to any one the nature of the problem. I think every buyer of the six series, a $75,000 car should know. BMW northamerica wants to keep this a secret apparently.

• Updated by Anisha R · Oct 12, 2019

Also went for oil change, air filter, and cleaning car; not cleaned properly plus did not get shuttle to pick me up at 4 pm why it took them from 1 pm to 5 pm
    the service department stating oh we have to pay overtime to driver this is very unprofessional

• Ha
    Hari veera Jan 18, 2020

Sir this is VEERAMANI.T from India yesterday I received a mail from bmw company India they asked to fill some details about me as I gave my full details, is this true or fake? Diplomatic courier will arrive on 13-01-2020! What can I do?

• Am
    Amir majhi Jan 07, 2020

It's false and fack

Chamindaba Jan 04, 2020

I have received massage lottery winning the bmw automobile UK company So if it fake or true send. Me variefie mail or this is froude why doing this in you company name

• Pr
    Prasanth Nagireddy Jan 01, 2020

Iam Prasanth kumar reddy...i also received a mail from bmw company...is that fake or true...

• In
    Indralatha karunakaran Dec 15, 2019

I received a message that UR MOBILE NUMBER WON 1000 000 BRITISH POUNDS FROM BMW UK TO CLAIM.
    Please ensure is it true or fraud message.
    Thank you.

• Go
    Gopal Manna Nov 12, 2019

They are asking me money before sending the courier.my money is very much for me. Please give instructions what to do??? . Some weeks ago they sent me a sms my WhatsApp no was selected for bmw uk promotion. told me to give details. Now they r saying that i have won the prize and i have to pay $400 to get the prize.

• Th
    Thusitha5 Nov 02, 2019

I have received text massege that I have won a bmw promo uk 2019 prize of £800000 with a bmw Suv x6 2019 jeep. Is it true ir fake. MY CONTACT NO. o714774805. As they said winning email [email protected]

• Sh
    Shane joel Nov 02, 2019

Hii everyone,
    I'm shane, i received a message +[protected]. That i have won a prize...and they asked me send personal details too. So i need to is real or fake? Contact me- +[protected]

• La
    Lani123 Oct 27, 2019

I got the mail from BMW that i won some amount of money and car.i would like to know accuracy of that.plz reply

Anisha R Oct 19, 2019

went for wheel alignment to check however they refused to check and said its ok almost got into accident. the Bmw service department said there is no point to do as too many pot holes. Tire treading at 3 checked had to wait for 3 hours and was told they are busy to come next time went canadian tire to change tires and actually got better price.

• Sw
    Swarna Herath Oct 09, 2019

I also got the prize massage and i want to know if it is true or fales

• Sh
    Shanaka Oct 07, 2019

Hi i received this message today morning i want to know it is true or false ? Please reply me

Thanks
    Regards
    Shanaka

• Na
    Nazreen Naleem Sep 29, 2019

Received a message saying from the number +94 [protected] that my mobile number has won 1, 000, 000 British pounds and to claim it I have to send name, mobile number, address, age and occupation to: [email protected]

• Vi
    Visal Wikumsara Sep 25, 2019

Is this message true or false??

• He
    Hemachandra Sep 25, 2019

I got a massage as YOUR MOBILE NUMBER HAS WON POUNDS 800000 IN THE BMW 2019 PROMO UK FROM THE NUMBER +[protected] is it correct my mobile is +[protected].

Hemachandra

• Pa
    pasindu uduwela Sep 17, 2019

Hooray! Bmw promo uk picked your mobile num as winner of 800, 000 pounds. To get ur prize, email us your name, adres, phone, age, occup to email:[email protected]

• Ha
    Hashini Sep 07, 2019

UR M0BILE NUMBER HAS WON 1, 000, 000 P0UNDS IN THE BMW PROMO UK, FOR CLIAMS SEND UR NAME, MOBILE, AGE, OCCUP, SEX TO
    [email protected]
    I received a message like this..is this true or fake?

• Ra
    Ranjithkumarabavindu Sep 07, 2019

One of relation has received a mail from company that have won price Rs.220 Million SLR and have won BMW sub.is this true?

Please reply me to [email protected]

• Bo
    bobj2 Nov 14, 2018

please shut down and murder emps. of bmw, rahal, Walmart n. Fayette pa., giant eagle in robinson pa., foreign fix, and chestnut ridge apts.,

Mariswamy Sep 06, 2018

BMW automobile 32th annual anversary wining prize select my no [protected]. I have wining prize mail 3, 3500000 amount but this true or fake

• Un
    Unhappny new BMW owner Jul 26, 2016

Agreed, BMW is the worst company I ever dealt with. My next will not be a BMW for sure.

Anonyomouz Jul 26, 2016

Very sad don't expect support from BMW customer relation ..so called zsar. With no power manager of customer relations when you call ..nightmare experience ..if your car breaks from day 1 brand new expect no help..you should call lawyer..because you will eventually need one...they play you like a fiddle..there is a logical reason there cars cost over 50 to compensate the majority of there defected cars..custumer relations. Has a boss when you call he says he has no boss so don't bother asking for his supervisor. But don't expect any answers from him ..I mean no answers believe me..don't make my mistake

• Ow
    Owalde Jun 15, 2016

BMW issued an update for PCV valves in cold weather BMW's as the valve was malfunctioning in cold temps. BMW's under warranty being routinely serviced at BMW dealerships/repair centers were supposed to have this part replaced per a technical service bulletin (TSB) sent to said centers from BMW. Nobody did this while our car was under warranty- which is a quick and inexpensive fix- and just out of our warranty date the part malfunctioned causing sever engine damage to our vehicle. Our BMW mechanic diagnosed the faulty part & agreed it should have been repaired when brought in for oil changes, etc. since our BMW was always seviced by a certified center and wehave the records to prove so. When contacting BMW Ashley, the service rep. said she had 'no technical knowledge' but couldn't pass us on to anyone who did. We were told we would be contacted in 3-5 business days & when noone contacted us & we called back we were basically told to stop calling customer service!! There was nothing they could do to help us...isn't that the sole definition of 'customer service'? We have incurred $400 in towing charges to a BMW center, rental fees, & now a large repair bill which was completely avoidable had BMW acted upon the original TSB...have seen many others online w/the same problem & our BMW mechanic has seen many other cases in his venue. Am filing a class action lawsuit if others are interested in joining--now finding out this part is bordering on a recall!!

• Mg
    M Garone Jun 15, 2016

I bought my 2008 328i in early as per a letter for the dealership to see what options I had at the end of my lease. My thought was to buy the 2008 or lease a 2011. Jose Caballos, the salesman asked me "what would it take for me to lease a new car today"? I told him if he took my 2008 328i in with no wear and tear charges, I would lease the new car. He spoke to his manager, came out, shook my hand and told me we had a deal. Three weeks later, I received a bill form BMW for $2800! The car had minor scratches. I was told by BMW that the car was now in Nevada!

• Pa
    patandmarie Jun 15, 2016

I HAVE JUST BEEN TOLD THAT I HAVE SERIOUS DAMAGE DONE TO THE ELECTRICS OF MY BMW 520.D SALOON CAR. age 2007 I LEFT THE BOOT OPENED FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS AND WATER LEAKED INTO THE BOOT. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED THAT A CAR I PAID OVER €60, 000 CAN BE SO SENSITIVE TO A RELATIVELY SMALL MISTAKE . ITS LOOKS LIKE IT WILL COST ME OVER €2, 000 TO FIX. WHAT ARE VERY EXPENSIVE ELECTRONIC UNITS DOING INSIDE UNDER THE FLOOR OF THE BOOT.THIS IS CRAZY.

VERY DISAPPOINTED

PATRICK LILLIS [email protected]

• Ju
    just some guy Jun 15, 2016

So it's bmw's fault your GPS broke, you had tire trouble, and based on what you wrote, you broke down once?

How is it BMW's fault that the tow truck broke down?

Maybe your karma is creeping up on you and you deserved it.

• Cm
    CM1986 Jun 15, 2016

if you never entered a contest i'd delete the email cause these things end of ID theft.

• Re
    Renier Jun 15, 2016

I hereby like to advise you that ever since I bought my car "brand new" it has been in several times for repairs and now feel that I cannot drive without having to worry if I’m going to make it to my destination and now feel that I have to warn the public about this issue before they make the same mistake, maybe going you the news papers and also maybe to car talk and all the shows that will listen to my story, because BMW don’t want to.

My reg no is 310RENFS engine removed 3 times, time car spend at dealer for repairs, about 5-6 months.

Bought my car and it had to go back for about 4 days to install the parts that I paid for and not what they thought might keep me happy, after that I had to go back to BMW for my gps wasn’t working, then a relay on the engine, the tires, the noise in the engine, and finally when the engine broke down, they were suppose to replace the engine but decided to fix it and ever since my car just keeps on leaving me stranded along the highway.

This weekend I had to go to Johannesburg for business and what happens 200km away from home the car leaves me and my family stranded along the road, with a tow truck that came to pick us up, we had to sit in the car while being towed to Welkom, and then the tow truck also broke down, I never felt so humiliated in my life. Suppose to be at the oil companies @ 14:00 had to phone and postponed the meeting. It made me look like an idiot who can’t afford to buy a descend car.

• Hg

22 Garden Close, Stamford,
    Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
    United Kingdom.

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have been selected for a prize of a brand new BMW 7 Series Car from international programs held on the 10th of January 2007 in the UK. The selection process was carried out through random selection in our
    computerized email selection system (ESS) from a database of over 250,000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world which you were selected.

The BMW Lottery is approved by the British Gaming Board and also Licensed by the International Association of Gaming Regulators (IAGR). To begin the processing of your prize you are to contact our fiduciary claims department for more information as regards procedures to claim your prize.

Name: Javis Hills
    Email: [email protected]

Contact him by please providing him with your secret pin code Number
    BMW:[protected]/23.

You are also advised to provide him with the under listed information as soon
    as possible:

1. Name in full. 2. Address.
    3. Nationality. 4. Age.
    5. Occupation. 6. Phone/Fax.
    7. Present Country. 8. Email address.

Mrs. Jenifer Mary
    THE DIRECTOR PROMOTIONS
    BMW LOTTERY DEPARTMENT
    UNITED KINGDOM.

• Cm
    cmreed Jun 15, 2016

BMW I received the same offering from BMW Automobile International Awareness Promotion London, England. BMW need to send out a memo in reference to this scam.
    THE INTERNATIONAL AWARENESS
    PROMOTION DEPARTMENT OF
    THE BMW AUTOMOBILE COMPANY.
    22 Garden Close, Stamford,
    Lincs, PE9 2YP, London
    United Kingdom.
    Reference Number:[protected]/23

ATTN:,

I am in receipt of your e-mail and I must say that you should count yourself extremely lucky to have emerged as one of our winners in this years lucky dip sweepstakes. As you already know your email address was randomly selected along with others from over 100, 000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed on-line. Each email address was attached to a ticket number, and your email address was selected as winner.

A certificate of prize claims, the brand new BMW X6 xDrive50i Car and some vital documents will be sent to an Authorised courier firm. A cheque for £500, 000 (Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds).

Contact our delivery department with the contact information below for further instructions on how to send the consignment to your location. Please you should fill the below form and send to the delivery department to authenticate your lottery winnings. You should also contact the courier on remittance with this in formations;

FULL NAME-------------------

PRESENT COUNTRY----------------------

Amount WON>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Al
    ALFRED W K TUKAI Jun 15, 2016

I HAVE BEEN SENT AN EMAIL THAT I WON BMW LOTTERY AND BEEIN ASKED TO PAY 482 GBP TO BE SENT MY WINNING PACKAGE.PLEASE CONFIRM THE ALLEGATION

I AM ALFRED W K TUKAI FROM KENYA
    EMAIL: [email protected]

angry600 Jun 15, 2016

you must be slow or fat. are you sure these arn't pre existing injury's from getting run over by a steam roller or attacked by a turtle?

• Bu
    Bulgakov Jun 15, 2016

I recently was inspecting a 2002 BMW convertible for damage. While leaning in the backseat the driver seat had came back trapping me between the lock pillar on the left quarter panel and the driver side seat. I was alone and if not the help of a good Samaritan would have suffocated from the pressure being put on my chest and neck being pinned between the roof, headrest and seat. The driver seat continued putting pressure on me and I was unable to release the seat. I now have herniated and bulging disc in my neck and have been out of work for 3 1/2 months with a possible operation ahead of me.

Have there ever been any occurrences like this where people were pinned in between the seat from the memory returning without notice. Can you please investigate and get back to me.

• Da
    David Upton Jul 14, 2014

I own a 2004 BMW 645 CI. Finest driving machine ever. Most expensive piece of crap I have ever owned and dealer can't fix it. Unbelievable that they can operate like this. Say a prayer and grin when it cranks. Leave running at idle a lot of times for short stops hoping someone will steal and crash quick before it shuts off on them.

John Simoes Oct 29, 2013

I found a similar problem with BMW 550i Grand Tourism 2014. After 600 miles the radio was not keeping the set stations as soon as with turn the car off. Then the computer told BMW that my car needs a oil change (the dealer it was a wrong message is changed it back to 9000 miles). After a few visits to the dealer to fix the errors (some other mysterious messages), BMW told me that they did not had a fix for the problems but eventually would find one. I asked to return the car and did accept without any resistance. The car was a great car otherwise but I lost confidence. This was my first BMW, I always bought MB. MB has its share of computer issues also, but they always find a fix.
    John

• Kr
    Krytical situatioN Sep 15, 2013

I drove down to Gwinnett Suzuki after seeing on Autotrader and Cars that they had a decent selection of BMW's. I was greeted by Carlos and after looking around a little bit I found one I was interested in. We test drove it and I loved it. We sat down and started talking about it.

Well 2 hours later after we finished all the negotiations and came down to a "hard" price. I was informed that Carlos had used the wrong VIN number and that the car we had been talking about the whole time was a different car. Whatever. The owner then told me he couldn't sell me the car for what we settled on after 2 HOURS of talking and signing papers. He offered me a higher monthly payment than what we talked about.

I thanked him for wasting my time and left. Poor customer service, drawn out buying process and the facilities aren't that great.

Can't say I would recommend this place to anyone else.

• Re
    Renolv May 16, 2013

Hi guys I got the same problem with my 2005 bmw645 conwertable, the display goas off as soon u start the car, the car got 76k miles, just wondering how much wud cost me to fiks this problem, or is ther any Oder option how to deal with this problem, thanks .

• Mr
    mrs jennifer bond Mar 06, 2012

Took my BMW 520 d se 2007 into BMW Dick Lovett Ltd Bristol for routine service. They overfilled the engine oil and I returned the car to dealership to fix the problem. After checking this, the service advisor used the corporate bull line of "oil is at optimum" and pointed out to me that as my car was a revised model it was equipped with both electronic oil level sensor display in iDrive and manual dipstick. When I checked again myself both readings corresponded as "engine oil level too high!" which can potentially damage the engine as advised in BMW handbook. Contacted the dealership again to rectify the the problem and check a new problem of possible engine bearing noise, on a car with approx. 52k on the clock. First the good news, they reduced the engine oil level, the bad news, engine timing chain permanently damaged as a result of loose timing chain tension-er and also possible damage to crankshaft. Because the car was out of the 3 year manufactures warranty, I was given a bill of approx. £3, 500.00, which I refused to pay on the grounds of me adhering to all BMW servicing requirements and the car having done less than 60k and only 4 years old. (After all this is supposed to be the "Ultimate Driving Machine!") After a while, I reluctantly agreed to pay approx. £1, 300.00 on condition the car was repaired in 3 days on advice and promise from the dealership themselves. Car repaired not in 3 days but over 2 weeks later and no apology from BMW or courtesy car given or goodwill to write off the bill. Would you believe it, they overfilled the engine oil again " ABSOLUTE COWBOYS!!! "
    It's worth pointing out that the service advisor asked me where I purchased the car, I replied truthfully from a BMW specialist auction. The BMW Dick Lovett deputy dealer principal said the dealership and BMW UK would not cover the approx. £1, 300.00 bill because of me buying the car at auction and not from within the dealership network. What is shocking is that the deputy dealer principal admitted to me, that they also buy BMW's from auctions to sell on their forecourts! " ONE RULE FOR THEM, ANOTHER RULE FOR US!!! "---- AVOID THESE COWBOYS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!! ---- BUY A KIA WITH 7 YEARS WARRANTY!!! ---- BMW SHOULD STAND FOR = BELOW MINIMUM WARRANTY!!!

Anonyomouz Sep 17, 2011

Consumer relations BMW very sad..brand new 60k car broken since day 1 consumer relations ...horrible experience..car inshop since day 1 brand new. Custumer service he calls himself the boss with no supervision since I asked for his supervisor costantly misrepresents BMW.. He lies about calling me back
    terrible experience BMW is netter than this.. He has no answers cars been in the shop 1 month aice 20 miles..is ther custemer relation in India out contracted what a scam