Bluegreen Resorts / don't do business with them

My wife and I purchased a vacation club membership with Blue Green 6 years ago which we paid in full. We we're deeded into a place called Shore Crest in South Carolina.

We had some financial difficulties in 2007 and were not able to pay our $500.00 maintenance dues. So, do you know what? They cancelled our membership, seized my paid in full property rights (worth $10, 000.00) and sold it.

I'm SOL. These people are rip off artists from day one. When I called customer service they told me tough, it's a done deal. I'm out $10, 000.00!!! They could have taken the $500.00 I owed from the proceeds and reimbursed the rest (which would have been the ethical thing to do, but NOOO, they took it ALL!!

DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS RIP OFF COMPANY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU.

Va

Comments

• Lo
      25th of Aug, 2008

So what?!?! If you own your home free and clear and don't pay your property taxes, you lose it too. don't take on assets you can't cover. It's not their problem. Sorry bout your luck.

By the way i actually own a timeshare program with T.A.N.
    MUCH BETTER!

• Ro
      30th of Oct, 2008

So sorry for your loss. The Attorney General In PA has recently filed suit against these scammers. What state are you from? Please go to the website to view the lawsuit details ; www.attorneygeneral.gov/press.aspx?id=3999

If you are from another state email his office anyway because perhaps they can advise you on how to proceed with legal actions in your state. Or, just maybe there is one (a lawsuit) on the horizon. If enough people complain, it forces them to take a good look at the company in question. Additionally, if there are lawsuits filed previously by Atty.'s Gen. in other states, it is a much less complicated processs as they can sometimes share information and associated costs. (my husbands an attorney) Either way, it's worth a try- you have nothing to lose and just maybe something to gain.

• Pe
      20th of Feb, 2009

How did they seize your property? We are not able to pay for ours now and they have been hassleing us for the last couple months. How could they seize it without giving you a chance to pay? We keep telling them to start the foreclosure procedure but they just keep threatening us. We want them to take it back, we are going to lose over $20.000 but we have no choice. I am just afraid they will try to keep our wages instead of taking it back. How did it work with you, what did they do?

Pearl