BitDefenderBitdefender internet security

On 01/13/2017, Avangate charged my credit card without authorization for the renewal of Bitdefender Internet Security. My Bitdefender account indicated that there were 194 days left on the account and that the auto renewal was turned off at the time of the renewal purchase. Furthermore, several emails were sent prior to this transaction to [protected]@avangate.com 1.) inquiring about the early renewal requirement, 2.) requesting assistance to ensure that the auto renewal was turned off, 3.) advising that I did not intend to renew and 4.) stating that I did not authorize any future charges to be placed on my credit card. The last email dated 01/11/2017 had the Subject titled, "Will someone from Avangate please reply"! I received no reply and my credit card was charged $79.95. I filed a Better Business Complaint against Avangate. However, they are just the billing company and can only submit a refund request to Bitdefender. Avangate did recognize their mistake and sent Bitdefender a refund request on 01/13/2017, with a carbon copy email to me.

On 01/16/2017, I contacted Bitdefender to check on the status of my refund. Unfortunately, Customer Service (CS) at Bitdefender were not as helpful as CS at Avangate. I was told that the appropriate department was handling the refund request and that I may see my refund in 5 to 7 business days.

Most people utilize internet security software to protect themselves against unauthorized access and use of their financial accounts. Unfortunately, Bitdefender does not properly notify you that they do not protect you against unauthorized access from their affiliates. That is very unprofessional!

St