Bitdefender company logo
Bitdefender
reviews & complaints
Bitdefender
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

50 complaints
22 resolved 28 unresolved

Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more

Bitdefender reviews & complaints 41 - 50

Bitdefender complaints 50

S
Jan 16, 2017

Bitdefender - Bitdefender internet security

On 01/13/2017, Avangate charged my credit card without authorization for the renewal of Bitdefender Internet Security. My Bitdefender account indicated that there were 194 days left on the account and that the auto renewal was turned off at the time of the renewal purchase. Furthermore, several emails were sent prior to this transaction to [protected]@avangate.com 1.) inquiring about the early renewal requirement, 2.) requesting assistance to ensure that the auto renewal was turned off, 3.) advising that I did not intend to renew and 4.) stating that I did not authorize any future charges to be placed on my credit card. The last email dated 01/11/2017 had the Subject titled, "Will someone from Avangate please reply"! I received no reply and my credit card was charged $79.95. I filed a Better Business Complaint against Avangate. However, they are just the billing company and can only submit a refund request to Bitdefender. Avangate did recognize their mistake and sent Bitdefender a refund request on 01/13/2017, with a carbon copy email to me.

On 01/16/2017, I contacted Bitdefender to check on the status of my refund. Unfortunately, Customer Service (CS) at Bitdefender were not as helpful as CS at Avangate. I was told that the appropriate department was handling the refund request and that I may see my refund in 5 to 7 business days.

Most people utilize internet security software to protect themselves against unauthorized access and use of their financial accounts. Unfortunately, Bitdefender does not properly notify you that they do not protect you against unauthorized access from their affiliates. That is very unprofessional!

R
Sep 29, 2015

Bitdefender - 2015 AND 2016 Total Security

Customer service at Bitdefender is atrocious. I have been having issues with my security for the last 3 months. Customer service responds to emails about 2 - 3 weeks later, and then does not address the issues. They simply gloss over issues by offering a free installation of 2016.

I have now requested a refund because I fear I am not protected by Bitdefender.

Feb 19, 2016

they wont send me a license key or how to hook up the syatem they charge me for/24.95. I'm cancelling my charge card/and getting a new one.

T

Bitdefender - Bitdefender refusing to acknowledge a refund

On September 14th I purchased 3 licences for Bitdefender Antivirus Plus 2016 from Herman Street ($27.96). On the 17th September, I received the activation code.

I followed the instructions given by Bitdefender and created an account on their Central website 14th September, entered the activation code after receiving it on the 17th September, the 3 licences showed up in the subscriptions tab.
Using the download button on their Central website account page, I installed the software on 17th September. Once the software was installed, it only required to activate the software for it to work. However eachtime I tried, the activation failed stating an error, that I was not connected to the internet.
I tried to contact their support, but all avenues were unresponsive, or acknowledged the issue but were working on a solution. I posted details on Bitdefender's forums, along with following instructions over the following 5 days, without any fix provided. There are many similar cases on their forums, still without a solution even at today's date (27th September).
All I have been offered is turning off firewalls, resetting all internet caches, flushing my routers DNS, including rebooting my Router and a multitude of emails all stating that they would resolve the issue 'shortly'.

I uninstalled the software and none of the 3 licences have been used, which can be checked by Bitdefender without issue. I have been forced to installed another vendors software as the very nature of the software's absence would mean my whole system and the other systems on my network would be vulnerable to attack. I had tried using the free trail version, but this locked up my desktop after a few hours, saying my 30 day trail had expired and the only way I could remove it, was to buy the product.

To this day 27th September, there has been no resolution offered. Bitdefender stated on one occasion, when I requested a refund, that I seek a refund from Herman Street. Yet they were not in breach of the 3 way contract, they DID supply the activation code as part of the contract, therefore were not failing within the contract, which I explained in detail in emails to Bitdefender. I did apply for a refund using a case number as requested by Bitdefender, but Herman Street are ignoring any of my emails and requests. For the past 5 days, Bitdefender have chosen to ignore my many requests for a refund, despite the basis that I have NOT used their software as the goods are faulty and are not fit for purpose, they have also not provided a working solution within a reasonable period.

I can provide 8 emails, that contain conversation threads (grouped emails in a reply chain) that run from the 14th September through to the 20th September and beyond.

Bitdefender's support are vacant from their own forums regarding these issues. No posts have been made anywhere on their website acknowledging this issue, they are lacking transparency and any means of refunding their customers after their good failing. The companies ethos is one of, deny anything, say nothing and above all, do not pay back any money received.

Nothing less than a full apology from senior member of the company for their behaviour along with a full refund, to settle this matter.

Bitdefender - Double auto renewal charges

Avangate took auto-renewal charges of $89.00 from my checking account on May 1, 2015 for an annual license key for Bit Defender Total Security 2015 AFTER I had renewed for a license key for $39.00...

Bitdefender - Double Billed

Received an email from Bitdefender notifying me that my yearly contract was about to expire. Email stated that if I upgraded now I could do so for $39. I took advantage of the offer and paid through my paypal account. Last week I was billed again through my paypal account for $89, the full price of the product.

So I ended up paying $39 plus $89 for this deal.

F

Bitdefender - fraudulent order placed on avangate

a fraudulent order was placed on avangate and payment was effected through our paypal account. we did not place this order and ask that this order be cancelled and funds reversed to our paypal...

Bitdefender - Nonexistent Response

16 sent emails - no reply except Open ticket: [protected]
No response from Bitdefender Support Team [protected]@bitdefender.com
No problem taking money. Problems with software, no response or help from "Support"
Do not trust the product since can't trust support.
They won't even respond so I may request a refund!

A
Nov 09, 2013

Bitdefender - Unauthorised automatic renewal of antivirus subscription

An year back I purchased online bitdefender total security. Today ie 09 Nov 2013, I got an SMS from my banker stating that Rs. 4996/- has been paid to bitdefender for renewal of subscription. also...

Bitdefender - extra amount has been deducted

I purchased a Bitdefender Total security 2013 product yesterday where it showed a black Friday offer for 75% off and it showed that the product can be available at a cost of 749 INR, i thought it wa...

Bitdefender - cancellation not honored

I purchased a virus protection referenced # [protected], product : 1x Bitdefender Total Security 2012 on 04/21/2012 from avangate on line with an additional fee for installation insurance for a total of...

P

Bitdefender - serial number problem

I purchased the Bit defender total security 2012 from www.letsbuy.com i used in 3 of the computers and i have for mated 1 pc and it is not taking the serial now please check the MAC address and required options and solve the problem soon .
I sent the complaint through same computer if any query contact to phone number:[protected] and my registered email address is [protected]@gmail.com

Bitdefender - defective product/failure to provide service/refusal to provide refund

antivirus software rendered useless after it failed to detect a virus at the end of February. unable to contact customer service initially; however, Bitdefender's claimed third-party IT vendor 'offered' to fix problem for $400. had computer scrubbed locally for $200 instead. in response to my complaint, Bitdefender finally provided 2012 update, but has stubbornly refused to issue prorated refund, even though they were negligent in not timely providing update.

Mar 06, 2012

Bitdefender - Will not refund my purchase

I purchased Bitdefender 2012 Total Security after being a loyal user of previous Bitdefender products. Much to my surprise they have removed features from this product that was available in earlier version, most notably the local backup feature. As I have about five years of backups using this feature, I was extremely disappointed in the omission. After several exchanges in which I pointed out the omission of this feature they admitted that it does not in the 2012 version and recommended that I used the 2011 product. As I have paid for the 2012 product I then requested a refund which they are not willing to give me. I feel that they have deliberately scammed me by removing features and then still keeping my money. Rest assured I will never buy another Bitdefender product again and will make sure that as many people possible know about their dishonesty.

N
Feb 09, 2012

Bitdefender - Poor Customer service & Worst Product

I have made complaint on issues with basic function of Bit defender antivirus in first week of Jan 2012 and subsequently registered ticket as [protected]., however, till date no workable solution...

Bitdefender - Worst product ever

I just downloaded the Trial version of Bitdefender Internet Security 2012 after seing very good reviews on reputable websites such as PCmag, CNET, etc, they ALL put Bitdefender in the top 3 antivirus/antispyware products, even saw it being number 1 a couple of times, so I tried it, WORST DECISION EVER! I installed it, everything went fine until it asked me to reboot my computer to finalize the installation. My computer NEVER REEBOOTED! I tried 3 times, even with the startup resolution fonction on Windows Vista, the startup could never be repaired. In finally rebooted the computer on safe mode and it booted, then I trying to uninstall it was impossible, finally I had to reboot it again with ''last good configuration'' . I rebooted again in Normal Mode and it works fine now.
I'm lucky it worked if not I would of have to totally reinstall Windows Vista, which is problematic when you don't have an intstallation CD or backup CD.
If you're lucky enough not to have this major problem, you will still have some other problems, like a slow pc, slow internet navigation, frozen computer, pages, etc.
I also read a report that was saying that Bitdefender is paying well known websites to say their products are the best on the market, which is totally false. Beware of their rebates and lifetime free updates, they test their products on our account.

M
Dec 07, 2011

Microsoft Security Essentials anti-virus

Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

both FREE and just as effective as any paid service out there, and they won't bog down your computer with tons of useless junk like the bloated pay ones as well.

Actually paying for antivirus programs is absolutely unnecessary these days.

Bitdefender - Lousy product, even worse customer service

I downloaded BitDefender Internet Security v2012 when my Trend Micro subscription ran out, after doing some researching and finding that it was rated pretty well among the top several antivirus apps for features, usability, and so on.

What a mistake. After downloading and installing, I noticed that internet pages were downloading incredibly slow, taking upwards of a minute when before they were ten to fifteen seconds (I was running it on a relatively old XP machine). I hated the interface, which was not at all intuitive, and some things you had to do online rather after creating a login, rather that in the control panel itself. I finally got so frustrated with the degraded speed of my computer that I uninstalled it altogether. What a relief to be able to use my PC again!

I requested a refund from the company, and they wanted to send me more of their crappy software to install to diagnose the issue. No thanks. I'll pass.

S
Nov 17, 2011

bitdefender is too lazyyyyyyyyyy to load web pages.

Microsoft Security Essentials is free. Why are you paying for any AV software?

B

Bitdefender - unauthorized credit card charges

I purchased Bitdefender Antivirus online via their website for several years without a problem. This year, Bitdefender renewed itself without my OK. From what I've read in other complaints, they...

Bitdefender - unauthorized payments

In January 2010 I ordered/purchased Bit-Defender Anti-Virus 2010 via the internet, at that time I had a dialup internet connection. After numerous attempts to download the product without success I contacted Bit-Defender via email to inform them that I could not download their product and request a refund. They told me that I had to contact Avangate.com to request the refund which I did, they said I had waited too long to request the refund (one month) I had forgotten to contact them because I was so frustrated by the inability to maintain an internet connection long enough to complete the download of first Bit Defender, then another Anti-Virus product. When I explained this situation to them they stood fast against refunding my money. I them informed them via email and phone that I did not want and would not pay for their service again, Jan. 2, 2011 they sent an email informing me that my 2010 license was about to expire and that I needed to purchase a renewal if I wished to continue this service, and that when I made that purchase I could also enable an "auto-renew" license option. I was also informed in the same email that I would be able to disable the "auto-renew option" at any time by accessing my account at https://secure.avangate.com/myaccount. I notified them via email and phone that I do not want this program and also insured "according to them" that the auto-renew was NOT turned on re; my account. After all this they removed the funds from my checknig acccount AGAIN! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM!

Bitdefender - Everything about the product

**WARNING**** This company who sells BITDEFENDER Virus protection is FRAUDULENT! 1st the product does not work, all 6 of our computers have been infected only with this BitDefender, and whenever we have called to try and get answers they are in Romania and we couldn't understand them and they will never give you any answers over the phone they tell you they have to send you an email which they never do! Someone needs to start a class action lawsuit, cause according to all the thousands of complaints searched on google it sounds like many have had the same issues. Not to mention the product would never update itself and could not even detect simple malware issues. I can't believe they are in business, Best Buy recommended them!

C

M

Bitdefender - Unauthorised Subscription Renewal

Bitdefender recently charged my credit card for renewal of their anti virus software although I haven't used their software for well over 12 months. I have contacted them via various electronic means without any reply other than two automated responses from [protected]@bitdefender.com. Customer service? This company is obviously in financial trouble. If your reading this you have most likely experienced the same as me. So may I suggest everyone one who reads this tell everyone you know about these thieves and advise your friends NEVER to purchase Bitdefender. This is my worst experience with a software company. DON'T EVER BUY Bitdefender

I'm having the same problem. I switched my antivirus service and decided to let my Bitdefender subscription wither on the vine til the end. I kept getting notices that my subscription was about to expire but did not respond. Next thing I know, my checking account was debited $59.95 by Avengate. When I sent an e-mail to Avengate, they told me that I needed to call Bitdefender customer support.. I called and spoke to "Nate" (funny how all these support people with Indian accents have American names). He asked me for the order number which was in the e-mail I received on Dec 6th from Avengate. He insisted that since I had an order number that I had to have ordered the product. When I insisted that I didn't, he said that he would have to send it to someone else to research and they'll get back with me. I checked my browser history for December 6th and no one had accessed Bitdefender website on that day.

A
May 25, 2014

I purchased Bit Defender 2 yrs ago and installed it on 2 computers. I didn't notice any problems for the first year. Then around May 2013, both computers started having all kinds of problems. Bit Defender blocked Internet Explorer and allowed only Google for web browsing. The computers crushed frequently, common programs became unusable. I contacted Bit Defender. They sent me a program to do a full scan of my computer and return the scan results to them. The prescriptions they gave me to fix the program after receiving the scan results didn't work. I spent a lot of time trying to contact their support and resolve the problem to no avail. Finally, I had to do a clean install of my operating system before the computers worked correctly again. I purchased a different Internet Security and I haven't had any problems since. All these happened in May 2013.
During the set up of Bit Defender when I first bought it, I MADE SURE that box by I checked the Do not Renew Automatically. Regardless of this, Bit Defender charged by Credit Card one year after I stopped using their product. I did not even use all of what I paid for in the first place! I called BIT DEFENDER to refund my money because I don't use their product anymore and I DID NOT authorize them to renew a product that is of NO USE TO ME. The Indian guy told me that he has to take remote control of my computer before they can issue me a refund! I told him he is insane and hanged up. THIS IS ROBBERY. If you and I rob someone, we will go to jail. WHY DO OUR CONGRESSMEN ALLOW FRAUDULENT companies to rod us? Is it because they are getting a share of the loot? STAY AWAY FROM BIT DEFENDER. THEY ARE ROBBERS.

BitDefender hides this auto-renewal clause in their Terms and Conditions, which they are fully aware that nobody reads, when it should be a visible feature on the purchase page. Also, there is no option in the my account page to disable this.

They charged my Paypal account with this without my knowledge and now they are delaying and postponing the refund for a product I didn't buy!

They are worst than the scums from which they pretend to protect you!

1 2 3