Bissell Vacuum / Poor Customer Service/Product Support

1 AZ, United States

I purchased a Bissell vacuum and within 3 weeks the cord showed signs of wear. After contacting Bissell they instructed me to take it to a local repair shop for inpsection. The repair shop informed me that it was a vacuum purchased from a "big box store and junk, what did I expect." I reported this to Bissell and also informed them that the local repair store said they will not cover it under warranty it was caused by running over the cord. I told Bissell that was not the case and considering I had at that point used the vacuum 3 times, was it reasonable to have a cord that could not withstand being run over once, or twice? It seemed to me that they needed to improve upon their product. I was told to take the vacuum back to the same repair shop. When I did, I was told they didn't want to take the vacuum in, it wouldn't be covered and I shouldn't be telling Bissell that they bad mouthed their product if I wanted them to fix it. I have since spoke with 2 supervisors who refuse to give out a last name or employee number for reference, when asked for the next supervisor I was told "they don't talk to customers." My suggestion is that Bissell not only needs to improve upon their product but also their customer service. In a time when not many people are purchasing $180 vacuum's I think they can do better than this.

Za