Bissell Homecare Logo

Bissell Homecare

Having problems with Bissell Homecare?

8800 100 5588 (Russia)
+1 800 237 7691 (United States)
+44 344 888 6644 (United Kingdom)
+61 130 024 7735 (Australia)
+64 800 247 735 (New Zealand)
+43 720 775 439 (Austria)
+32 78 480 196 (Belgium)
+385 72 100 300 (Croatia)
+420 234 280 645 (Czech Republic)
+45 78 773 661 (Denmark)
+36 615 507 941 (Hungary)
+31 203 051 340 (Netherlands & Europe)
+351 300 506 286 (Portugal)
+41 445 087 140 (Switzerland)
2345 Walker Ave. NW

Unit 7, Romsey Industrial Estate, Greatbridge Road, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 0HR

Australia
42 Rocco Drive, Scoresby 3179, Victoria, Australia

Netherlands & Europe
Stadhouderskade 55, 1072 AB Amsterdam (NL)

Norway
Pindsleveien 8b, 3221 Sandefjord

Russia
ul. Bochkova 6, korpus 2, stroenie 2, Moscow, Russia, 129085

China
Baotian District Shiyan Street Shuitian Community 4th Floor, Building E, Factory Building, Jiehe Industrial City, Shenzhen City, Guangdong Province, China

Hong Kong
Unit 2301-03, The Metropolis Tower, № 10 Metropolis Drive, Hung Hom, Kowloon

Taiwan
Taiwan 241, 1st Floor, Section 646-1, Re-Road, Sanchong District, New Taipei City, Taiwan

Chile
Gerónimo de Alderte 1311, Vitacura, Santiago (CL)

Complaints & Reviews

Vacuum hose, dryrots/cracks

I purchased a Bissell SpotBot about two years ago and until recently, was well pleased with it. After each...

Right price point, but on first day can see many weaknesses. Appears that one great vacuum engineer built a terrific bagless system and then three engineers followed behind making the plastic thinner and the accessories cheaper. Bissell promotes no more bags, but only offers disposabe $12 HEPA media. Other brands may offer this as washable. Seems like Bissell is anticipating the weak supports for the foot pedal breaking as, the "handle release/detent pedal" is listed in replacement parts. Put a foot on it and it bends. Dusting brush/upholstery tool is harsh and ineffective, would only scratch your TV screen or high polish furniture. Step and floor cleaning accessories are extra, not available at my Home Depot or Lowe's and unclear as to whether there are any bristles on the brushes (viewing Bissell web).

That said, the suction power is great and the pet turbo brush is very powerful. Looking at other complaints, I'm wary of how long it will last. Not willing to spend more right now, so we're sticking with it. We bought the Bissell steam vac a month prior and are quite impressed with how it's done its first two cleanings. Very tricky getting wet lint out of thin steam vac head. And no cleaning tips on this from Bissell either.

Unless your willing to spend $400 on a vacuum it appears the whole market is turning disposable. Look out landfill here come the vacuum cleaners.

Don't ever buy a Bissell

I bought a Bissell pro-heat carpet shampooer, and it stopped working after 3 uses. I exchanged it for another one at Walmart, and a year later it isn't working. Walmart no longer exchanges or refunds money for Bissell shampooers. I called Bissells customer service, and the problem was more than a trouble shooting problem that could be fixed on the phone. I was given a repair service for my location, called them, they said they have a flat rate charge for fixing Bissells because they continue to break over and over, and the repair people cannot work for free. I asked what I should do, he said don't ever buy a Bissell.

Avoid them

We have had other Bissell products (carpet cleaners) and have always been very pleased. So when it came time to buy a vacuum we decided to try the Bissell Pet Hair Eraser Dual Cyclonic Vacuum #3920. What a piece of junk. Within the first 45 days the flex hose collapsed on itself, Bissell replaced it. The worst part about this product is that it gets VERY HOT. The worst part about dealing with the Bissell Company is their customer service department, even when buying belts etc. they have proved to be worthless. I would advise you to keep your receipt (you are going to need it) and purchase your parts etc. through a reputable co., avoid dealing with or giving your personal information to Bissell directly.

• Ne
    Never been treated so badly by a company Jan 03, 2013

Been on the phone for over an hour with Bissell> I have a carpet cleaner (still under warrenty) that will not spray soap. Took to Abbey Lane autorized by Bissell to fix tier machines. What a joke. They replaced all kinds of stuff and it still has the same problem. Called to tell them and was told by the tech I didn't know how to use my machine that it was working fine and I should bring it in for him to show me how to use it. I told him that I had to drive all that way again(I live on the westside they are at Montgomery and Eubank) He tells me he has to drive all the way from Bernalillo. I said you get paid to do that if it bothers him so much he should change jobs. He hung up on me I called and ask to speak to the owner he got on the other line and was a total jerk and laugh and told me he is the only one to work onit and to call bissell. Which I did and spend forever on the phone with no help told to take it back to the jerk even talked to someone named MIca at the corp office and he said I had to take it back to the jerk or mail it to them and they would check it and decide what to do that would take at least a month.I have to go pay for a box and ship it (have no extra money or take it back to an A$$hole. This is what kind of company Bissell is. Take your money and screw you! Please pass this on so people will know not to buy a bissell. Thank all have a great day!!!

Waranty Inspection time

I bought a Prolite upright almost 5 years ago. about 30 days ago I was sweeping and the bottom portion of the sweeper literally exploded. The sweeper has a 5 year waranty on the motor and 10 years on the motor housing. I waited a week to receive a return authorization. another wekk for Bissell to receive the vacuum. It has now been over a week since they received the vacuum. Called Bissell and they haven't even looked at the failed unit. I have not cleaned my carpets for 1 montrh now and they are dirty. I feel it has taken Bissell to long to repair or replace the unit. They no longer manufacture this model. Therefore the problem should have been solved.

• Ne
    Never been treated so badly by a company Jan 03, 2013

Burned our carpet and we must box it

Our Bissell vacuum burned gray marks into three parts of our carpet. We were using the hose attachment to...

BACK WHEELS LOCK AND ROTARY HEAD BURNS UP SMOKE

IT WAS GIVEN TO ME AS A CHRISTMAS GIFT FROM MY PARENTS. IT MAKES ALOT OF NOISE. THE PAMPHLET GIVES YOU INFORMATION AS TO FIX IT, IN CASE SOMETHING JAMS UP. BUT I NOTICED THAT ON THE SIDES OF THE SPIN BRUSH, THE PLASTIC IS MELTED AWAY. NOW THE BRUSH DOESN'T STAY IN PLACE AND WHEELS LOCK IN PLACE WHEN THE BRUSH STOPS WORKING. THIS IS THE BISSELL MOMENTUM CYCLONIC. IT HAS TWO FILTERS AND A LARGE DIRT CONTAINER. I ALSO NOTICED WHEN USING THE HOSE, ALL THE DIRT FLIES OUT THE BACK. THAT DEFEATS THE PURPOSE. THE BELT SNAPPED AS WELL.

Poor Customer Service/Product Support

I purchased a Bissell vacuum and within 3 weeks the cord showed signs of wear. After contacting Bissell they instructed me to take it to a local repair shop for inpsection. The repair shop informed me that it was a vacuum purchased from a "big box store and junk, what did I expect." I reported this to Bissell and also informed them that the local repair store said they will not cover it under warranty it was caused by running over the cord. I told Bissell that was not the case and considering I had at that point used the vacuum 3 times, was it reasonable to have a cord that could not withstand being run over once, or twice? It seemed to me that they needed to improve upon their product. I was told to take the vacuum back to the same repair shop. When I did, I was told they didn't want to take the vacuum in, it wouldn't be covered and I shouldn't be telling Bissell that they bad mouthed their product if I wanted them to fix it. I have since spoke with 2 supervisors who refuse to give out a last name or employee number for reference, when asked for the next supervisor I was told "they don't talk to customers." My suggestion is that Bissell not only needs to improve upon their product but also their customer service. In a time when not many people are purchasing $180 vacuum's I think they can do better than this.

Inferior quality, poor Customer Service

Bissell. When they say, “We mean clean”, they mean cleaning out your pockets! I purchased a...

Bad service

This vacuum is the worst vacuum in the history of vacuums. I bought this model less than 1 year ago. The reason I bought it was because of the so-called features, easy emptying, and its HEPA filter. But, I spend more time troubleshooting and talking with a representative on the phone than I do vacuuming.

anne Nov 12, 2008

I have had alot of trouble with their carpet cleaners, the new heated turbo one.

Do not buy one. I wasted $179. They have replaced the first one which would not eject the solution onto the carpet and now the new one won't suction the water back up.
    This company is for the birds.
    I had two big green machines and got great use out of them but the new products are all bad and the solution, the soap, ruins the pumps in these uprights.

• Sh
    sheri Feb 15, 2009

I bought this product last night and got half way through my living room when the thing stopped working. I have owened cleaners for many years but I have to say this is the worst one out there. With all the trouble shooting you have to do and try to figure out what you could have done wrong if anything. It's not worth the money I paid for it and I will be taking it back to the store that I bought it from today. Please beware of this one.

• Sh
    sheri Feb 15, 2009

I bought this machine last night and will be taking it back to the store I purchased it from today. It is the worse carpet cleaner that I have ever used. Last night while cleaning or should I say trying to clean my living room carpet it stopped working. I spent more time trouble shooting with this thing than cleaning the carpet. It is not worth the money that I spent on it and I hope that this will make people aware of this and all the headaches that come with it.

• Fj
    fjord Aug 04, 2010

Bissel is a company with bad customer service, they wont take back their shoddy vacuums, we spent alot of money on one that we cannot use, i will never purchase anything from bissel again, money down the drain, im very dissatisfied with them.

• Dg
    D G minton Jul 06, 2011

We got A New Bissell 7 Day ago " a model # 6583 " From Walmart, Got It Home We Live 25 mil From Town and this Bissell Will Not Work Now and Bissel Will ive The Part In 14 to 20 Day to Fix It Not .. Will Not get a Bissel!!! This CO . Need Help In Customer service ... Got My Money Back From Walmart . Thank God

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices