Best Buy / scam and cheating!

TX, United States Review updated:

My husband wanted the new game, Pirates of the Burning Sea, for his birthday in early January. It was set to be released on January 22nd but preorders were being taken at Bestbuy.com and they were sending out extra CDs with music beforehand so at least I had something to give him on his actual birthday.

This morning (Jan 22nd), I received an email that there was a problem with my order. When I logged into the website, it said the item was on backorder. I didn't order the item last week to a surprised company. I preordered it three weeks ago and now it was telling me it wouldn't ship for another week. I called our closest store and they had them in stock but the woman through the website customer service apparently didn't see them and couldn't switch our order to store pick up.

This was a very simple issue that Bestbuy.com really failed to meet. We canceled the online order and my husband went down the street to pick it up. So much for convenience. If they can't count and send out preorders on time, heavens only knows what happens when they have a real problem. That being said, we won't be customers ever again to find that out.

Comments

Th
  6th of Apr, 2008
I had read that purchasing the Best Buy extended warranty was not really necessary. If the product you had purchased was going to fail it would most likely do so within the first year when the manufactures warranty was still in effect.

Wrong, the Gateway laptop computer I purchased did fail within 8 months of purchase. However Best Buy continues to have you return the product to their service department where no service is performed. After they are certain that the warranty no longer applies, they tell you to get lost. You did not buy an extended warranty and there is nothing else we are going to do.

What a terrible organization, Best Buy.

Best Buy Logo Best Buy