Best Buy - Rockford, IL / best buy warranty fraud!

Rockford, IL, United States Review updated:
Last Dec. 8, 2006 I brought a 19 in HP laptop through Best Buy in Rockford, Illinois on the internet. It was warranted for 12 months through Hp and I bought a 2 year extended warranty through the Best Buy company. That warranty does not expire until 12/08/09 It all worked wonderful until Aug 2007. At that time the wireless card in it would only work once in awhile. Of course I could no longer get on the internet.

I took to a Best Buy in Dekalb Illinois and they had it three weeks. They told me they took it apart and thoroughly cleaned it. I got it back and it still did not work, so I took it to a Best Buy store in Rockford Illinois. The man in their geek squad took it apart ( partially) just to clean the wireless card as I watched. He told me that he would have to send it in and they would just put in a new wireless card and send it back. Every thing else worked great. A week or so later that place called and said something had been spilled in it (by me?) and it would not be covered under my warranty but would cost me $967 to fix. I did not pay that much to start with. I called Best Buy and they gave me phone number's to call HP. I did so and talked to several different people. The last one told me my problem should of been covered under the warranty with NO expense to me. And even if I would of had to pay the charge for what they were going to do it would of NEVER been more $398.00, more like $319.00 He said Best Buy was messing with me.

I then called Best Buy and told them that and said I wanted my laptop back. I have yet to hear from them.. I was told by one employee that it would just get "lost". How do I get my laptop back and how do I get them to honor their warranty? I am a 66 year old woman that does not misuse an expensive computer like this one. I never misused it or spilled any thing in it. I have no children in my home to hurt it. If something was really spilled it they must of done it. It worked really great except for the wireless not coming on to pick up the internet all the time. I do a lot of business on line and need my laptop back .. I have been with out it this second time since 10/16/07 I think it should come back to me in like new condition, with all the components working. That is why I took out the extended warranty.
Va

Comments

Em
  25th of Nov, 2007
I had the same problem with the HP laptop I purchased in December 2006. The wireless card went out and Best Buy sent it in to HP who replaced the unit with a new one because they had so many complaints on the wireless card. The problem I had was that Best Buy refused to roll the 3 year warranty I purchased over to the new unit. Best Buy sold me a lemon, HP replaced it and Best Buy voided my $300, 3-year warranty after only 10 months. I'm fighting it all the way up to corporate!
Hi
  9th of Jun, 2008
Your computer broke, Best Buy replaced it under the warranty, and you expect it to cover the new one as well?? Come on, get real.
Sy
  17th of Jul, 2009
Best buys warranty did not do anything hp did and bestbuy refused to refund the payment and/or transfer the coverage best buy is well know for abusing the warranty system.

It is the most profitable of all of their endeavors.

Best Buy Logo Best Buy