Best Buy / Geek Squad / dumb # geek squad agents!

Best Buy - Century Blvd, Pittsburg, CA

I Randy, bought a XBOX360 for my son on 6/14/07 from Best Buy, I did not purchase the extended warranty that Best Buy offered. my son started to mentioned that the XBOX would freeze during games. so we went and bought it back to Best Buy on 7/6 to either exchange it or refund. Took it up to the Return Desk and was told by the clerk that one of the Geek Squad personnel had to look at it??? They had us wait and one of the so call agent came over and took the XBOX to the back and he came back a couple of minutes later and said that the Microsoft sticker behind the face plate was missing and that they will not be able to exchange nor refund??? What gives??? Could this know nothing agent remove the face plate in front of us??? I nor my son didn't even know there was a sticker behind the face plate... They went and got their manager and all he said was U are gonna have to take this up with Microsoft... I really think that they did a bait and switch on us... also it was bought back before the 30 days return period is up... I am now out 400.00 and so annoyed at this attitude that was shown... I would never ever shop at Best Buy... nor have their dumb # Geek Squad agents touch anything... it's very disappointing that they pride themselves on their return policy...

Randy,
Ex-customer of Best Buy

Comments

• Su
      12th of Jun, 2009

After the 30 day return period, if you did not purchase an extended warranty or replacement plan from Best Buy, you DO need to contact Microsoft directly for warranty repair.

You were well outside the 30 day return limit; the store was not obligated to exchange or return the unit.

The fact that you did not understand this or don't like this is not Best Buy's fault.

Microsoft provides a 1 year MFR warranty, and has had a site up for years that allow for inputting the SN and requesting a box/label to ship in a defective unit for repair.

• Pr
      9th of Jul, 2017

I have ordered I phone 5s in BestBuy and it was 8k and manager spoke to me in Watsapp and said it's free delivery also and after I paid 8k Dey started asking me daily 5k to pay dem till today I have paid 26k to tht product and I still didn't receive my product if ask no respond from tht manager I have all the payment slips which I have made to him product costing 8k but he collected 26k from me and still no delivery off order I want tht manager to be punished and I want may money refunded below are the details of my order and the manger detials