BellSouth / AT&T / identity theft
I used Bellsouth for my home phone service for several years. At this time I had T-Mobile for my cellular services because their "family plan" was better at the time. Little did I know, that if you are a Bellsouth home services customer you can easily purchase a cell phone and plan over the phone without any face to face time or signature required. My SSN was taken by someone (still don't know who/where/when) who knew I used Bellsouth and bought a cell phone with it over the phone on my bellsouth account. I knew nothing of this until I had a collections letter in the mail for about eight hundred dollars from ONE month of fraudulent cell phone use.
Bellsouth has now been absorbed into At&T. They still allow people to purchase these phones/plans over the phone. It is terrible. They should take better steps to insure this does not happen to their customers. Needless to say, I am no longer with Bellsouth/At&T.
More BellSouth / AT&T Complaints & Reviews
- C4 Connections / AT&T - carl blust 
- AT&T - uverse equipment returns 
- Vesta AT&T - unauthorized bank charge 
- AT&T Uverse - service 
- AT&T - billing rip-off 
- AT&T - incomplete uverse installation
- AT&T - lg v30 cell phone 
- A T And T - requested phone upgrade and upgraded phone service 
- AT&T - sale of wireless package that was proven misleading 
- AT&T Wireless - wireless service