Belk's Of Guntersville / poor planning on a large scale

Guntersville, AL, United States Review updated:

I received in the mail an invitation to get a free clinque lipstick at the local belk's store. The ad stated that there was a two week timeline to pick up your lipstick. With one week remaining, I went in to pick up the free clinque lipstick. I was told by the clerk that they were out of lipstick and had been for some time. She stated its first come first serve and when they are gone we will not receive more. Imagine the gall! The company knows exactly how many cards they sent out to customers and they also know that almost everyone who receives this card will want to redeem it. Yet they send only a few samples to each store. This is the perfect example of why this store will never be parisians. Parisians clerks would have gone to the available stock they have in their lipstick and given one anyway although the samples were gone. A parisian sales clerk would have understood that the most important thing is for this customer leave happy. Belk's is evidence that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Belks has no class! Of course I knew they wanted to draw me in to purchase other items but instead what they did was make me dislike them even more. Who in management can't figure out that it is a bad idea to say you have something for a customer although you never really intended to have enough for everyone you invited.

Comments

• Go
      20th of Jul, 2012

I'm sure it stated while supplies last. Parisians is out of business. Worry more about the starving children of world instead of your lipstick sample...You make me puke!