Complaints & Reviews

Account not able to be closed

Hi,

I keep requesting via email to have my account closed and no response. Then I called and customer service said the account cannot be closed but I can have a paid up letter. I have requested a payment letter a few times on my account and every time I get the email the attachment wont open. This advisor sent me the same email with an attachment that doesn't open.

When I asked for home choice to be taken off my credit score they said I need to contact the credit board.

I am not happy about this how can they not be able to close an account and send a proper letter showing I am paid up?

Poor service from miss n zinhle dube

Ive made contact with miss dube on facebook for a home choice account, she then whatsapp me, ive submitted...

my name in ICT

In 2016 I wasnt paying home choice as we agreed I will skip some months without paying, they took me to their...

Wrong order (plate)

During the month of October 2019 I received the wrong order (plate) from Home choice. I then took it back to the Post Office without being aware that I must pay the transport. During the Month of January 2020 I receive the call from Post Office that I must pay the transporting cost and I have paid. In February 2020 I received the message via cellphone from Collection Agencies and I then provide the proof of payment and Police declaration. my account number is : [protected]. I have been calling the collection agencies but apparently, they are waiting Home choice to close the file. My house is flooded and I want the Bank to rebuild it but Home choice is delaying all process to came back to me or close the file. Please help me. my contact :[protected]

Sending statements to my home address for unknown person

I am receiving accounts for a M Mathe account [protected] at my home address. How is this even possible to open an account for someone without proof of address, which you definitely could not have checked??? I want this STOPPED IMMEDIATELY!!
Phone your client and get the correct address but stop sending statements to my address. It is totally unacceptable with all the measurements in place nowadays that you send statements to incorrect addresses. This account is in arrears as well so sort this out with your client but stop using my address!!

Hisense Fridge wow deal

Fridge combo was delivered to me on 26 Feb 2020. After inspecting the items, I found some defects on the units. I immediately called Homechoice to inform them about my findings, whereby I was informed that Hisense would be contacted to send a service tech to inspect the items. This would take merely 7 working days. When contacting Homechoice a second time on 4 Mar, I was told that they are still waiting for an assessor from Hisense to make contact. As you can imagine, by this time I am already fuming. I decided to contact Hisense direct on 5 Mar and they said that if I notified Homechoice within 7 days of the issue, that it is Homechoice's responsibility to collect the damaged units and to provide a replacement. Now, not only can I not use the fridge that I ordered, but I have to wait another 7 days just for Homechoice to collect the damaged units. And then I have to wait even longer for a replacement. But when Homechoice wants payment every month, I get contacted up to 3 times a day, for 3 days in a row for their money. This is obviously not correct and sufficient customer service. Please supply me with the contact details of the M.D. for Homechoice. Maybe, I will receive better customer service from him / her.

welcome little one sets

I precious mareane kindly request an urgent assistance regarding an order that I placed (order no. [protected]) which it's a welcome little one sets (product code is 195477). Today I received the delivery when I opened the package I only found the
1. 2-piece mommy/nappy backpack
2. 3-way signature baby carrier) only and no
1. 2-piece zoo baby blanket with travel pillow
2. 3-piece dreams receiving blankets
3. 5-piece welcome little one starter pack
4. Hooded towel with baby embroidery 5. Coral fleece receiver
And my statement says i'll be paying r115 monthly and 3-way signature baby carrier box was open underneath although it's not damaged, so I would like to know what happened to the rest of the stuff because it was noted on "reasons to buy" and it never said "not included" so which means it's false advertisement.

Regards
Precious

Homechoice

a damage return / exchange, and a wrong item received

Hi good day my name is Angela Boggenpoel ID no [protected], I purchased a tent and unfortunately got damaged I sent item back and ticked box where I selected item to be replaced, secondly i received the wrong item and that i selected to be returned to my account, i been receiving calls for payment but nobody getting back to my replacement for damaged item, as i said i want the item that was wrongfully added to my account to be taken off from my balance and they said il get statement for proof I received nothing. I am now tired of speaking to different people and explaining my story and nobody is sorting this matter out.

restonic bed

I bought a bed 4 months ago, its buy now and pay in Feb.. Its a Restonic bed for people with back problems.. We didn't even sleep in this bed for 2 months and then it started to make noices, like springs that want to pop out...the one side of this is a hole in and the other side up.. How is that possible. I send a email they gave me a reg nr. With no feedback or people caming out to investigate..Then when I phoned back they said the case was close..The next lady reopen the case because Restonic's people need to came and do n check... No one phone or came to my house.. I really hope this complain will help if not I will not pay this bed at all.
2 winter place, Belhar

wrong delivery

I make an order on September 2019 and i did not received it whey i call homechoice they said they delivered it to Zethu which is am not zethu they deliver to the wrong customer, they told me to fill the dispute form i did that, they continue to deduct in my account i called them again they said i must submit the affidavid i did that again they continue deducting. I dont knw what must i do because i told them i did not receive any thing .
GNH MTHEMBU
[protected]

an agent

I'm very disappointed this month. I receive a call from the lady on the 23rd Dec ordering me to make payment before I finish my bonus and she was so rude. I mean every month I do receive a statement of my account and it has a due date payment. I don't need someone calling me so rude ordering me to make payment as if I'm a bad payer or she knows my bank balance

wrong invoice

I ordered layelle 22 piece comforter king size which was on special at R4199, and I chose the R478 installment for 12 months, the order was delivered, but the invoice is R5399. That's not what we agreed on, I contacted them, they promised to change that in 48 hours, it was on the 14th of December 2019 when I received the order and I complained immediately, even today, no one is helpful, only rude consultants, with unreliable information are contacted but not useful in any how. Is ur online shopping fake or unreliable? I should have been answered, am nt the one placing ur special online. I want correct invoice or come an collect your things, obviously evn if I can return them to post office, I won't get my refund, so I need an answer urgently, is either u gv me a correct invoice or u come a take ur things

wrong invoice

pots

Hi, I bought pots from home choice and the lady said they are r1999 and I asked are there any other fees added she said no I will pay r177 per month, when the pots arrived the statement said my opening balance is r2400 and some change because of delivery and what do ever ok I understood now tbey sent me statements to pay r200 and some change, so I have paid for r400 and some change but my statement is written that my balance is r2300 when I enquired from the lady she says no my opening balance was r2800 no please I can't they must take their pots I have not used them and I heard bought them for display..

nuisance telemarketing

I'm sick and tired of the endless calls from homechoice. I'm at a point where I just want to close the account. I don't know if they think we are switchboard operators or what. We also have jobs and it's really getting in line with our jobs that we constantly have to be on our phones answering the same thing over and over. Just today my phone rang 3 times in a meeting and my boss even asked if I need to be excused, is it an emergency or what! It is really frustrating. You in the toilet, church, funeral, crossing oceans or being chased by dogs etc... home choice will call you. I feel harassed!!! Can y'all stop please!!!

telemarketers

Home choice has been harassing me - constantly - They calling me everyday asking me if I'm not interested in buying anything. They call me everyday, how possible can it be that yesterday I say no I'm not intending on buying anything but the following day they call again. Ive been asking them to stop calling me but they REFUSE to stop. I've been telling them that if I need anything I will go online and buy.

Home choice please stop calling me, I'm tired of receiving your calls.

bedding

Hi, my husband received a package from homechoice, it was a comforter set and mink blanket in seeing that I always liked homechoice stuff he assumed I ordered it, so he opened it and got rid of the boxers that came with it, so I when I reached home that evening he discovered that I didn't order it either, so we had Never used it, so we called homechoice many times to tell them we didn't order this or anything from them. We tried returning it but the post office refused to take it because it doesn't have its original box. So the set has been lying in my house for quite some time. Only recently my husband learnt that his in debt for owing homechoice. I simply can not understand why must we pay for sumthing we didn't order and did want.

Contact ; [protected]

missing item on my order..

I ordered a 32 piece shakira comforter set and when it arrived the mink blanket was missing. Also the price they said i have won was also not included in the order. The order was received on the 9th October 2019. could you please send my mink blanket and my price home choice . My reference number is [protected]..id [protected]..cell +[protected]. Thank you

cell phone

I sold me a Hisense infinity e8 and you said it's it's 2799 and if I pay in installments for 24 months I'll...

nuisance phone calls

Homechoice has been obsessively calling me non-stop and I have never bought anything from them! I keep blocking their numbers but each time they call with a different number. They call during the day, at night and on weekends. I am sick and tired of being harassed.

Please stop calling me!!! I want nothing from Homechoice. This has certainly changed my mind about ever buying anything from them. I don't know where you got my number, please remove me from your database and stop calling me!!!

bad service

I need to know how long does it take to send a reference number to return the products! How hard is it to send a customer a reference number? Do u have to wait until 14 dayss has passed so that you'll say I cannot return anymore whereas it's it's a company's fault to send me damaged goods?

There is an agegent who phoned me this morning trying to sell me something but I told him that I can't order anything until I've been sent a reference number, he then said said he will transfer my call to customer service department but after few seconds he hang up the phone

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices