Belk / payment on line

1 Knoxville, TN, United States Review updated:

Your website is the most difficult of any other sites I use to pay my bill on line. I couldn't remember my password, although I have it written down.
All your site would do is reset my id which I did not need to reset.

Most difficult to find your site to pay bill. I usually get your page to make purchases.

Comments

28th of Feb, 2009

This sounds like a user error, ###. Remember your passwords and usernames. Stop whining online because you're and idiot who can't remember a word. :)

• Lg
      8th of May, 2009

you have to go to belk.com scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, and then click pay bill online, and then enter your user name in there on www.belkcredit.com

11th of Jun, 2009

I didn't think I would ever get to the address to pay online. I pay a lot of bills online and by far this is the worst setup I have ever seen. Joe Bonds Fort Mill, SC

• Pa
      1st of Mar, 2010

I had a hard time paying online and wound up with a couple of late charges (once because the site was down for two days, not my fault), one of which was waived. I had charged around $100.00 just before and during Christmas and had paid about half in January and thought I had paid the rest in Feb. When I called about the late fee (charged in Jan), I asked what the balance would be after the fee was waived. I was given an amount but did not pay over the phone (there's a $15.00 charge for that). I went to the website (that's another story!) and after I was finally able to pull my account up I paid the balance minus the late fee. Well, guess what? There was a late fee pending that was NOT showing on the screen and apparently the cust serv person wasn't aware of it. Anyway, when I opened my statement I was surprised to find a $26.00 balance - a late fee! I called and was informed that there is another late fee, $15.00, owed as well. No one would waive either fee, even when it was evident that I meant to pay out my account last month. I WAS a 44 year faithful Belks customer. My account was in excellent condition. Since my children are now grown I rarely use my credit card - mostly when there's a good sale and then I pay it off in chunks in a month or two. I guess they don't want my business anymore. Their loss, not mine. We have a Kohl's now, and a Target - and, by golly, I'll go to K-Mart before I go to another Belks. Patricia O'Neal, Greenville, NC

2nd of Apr, 2010

I am trying to make payment on line and I keep getting a error saying something is wrong with your web sight. I will keep trying off and on today. However I don't expect to be charged a late charge if it is a problem of yours. I agree with other complaints you have a very difficult web sight.

Belk Customer
    Joyce Swindle

14th of Jun, 2010

DO NOT get a Belk card. CAVEAT EMPTOR: they have no way of tracking payments though electronic funds transfer. I made my payment through my banks (very reliable) online bill pay service. Three weeks later I received a bill from Belk with late fees and warnings that I had not paid the previous month's bill. When I called customer service and gave them the date of the transaction, the amount, the EFT number, etc. they told me they would "file a statement" but that I was responsible for paying the whole amount again as they have no way to track electronic payments that come into them.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH BELK. I've been patronizing them for 40 years and it stuns me how much their customer service has gone down hill over the past 5 years.

• Ci
      4th of Aug, 2010

I have tried for OVER A YEAR to make payments online and it has NEVER worked. I ALWAYS get a "sorry we are unable to retrieve your info - please try again later" BS message. If this were a mom and pop store you could understand - but this is crazy! I have a funny feeling it's done on purpose hoping you end up a making a late payment so they can charge a late fee. And yes, I am using the correct user id and password - I can log in - just can't make a payment.