BB&T banking / bank card issue~

1 Snellville, GA, United States Review updated:

I suggest NO ONE use this bank. They were great at first, but things are going down hill real fast for them. They froze my bank card without contacting me. They say they called, but there was NO message on my voice mail, and NO e-mail through my account online!! The reason the card was frozen was because a vendor's information was hacked, so anyone who used their card with that vendor, thier cards were frozen, mine being one. 10/8/10 I went grocery shopping with 4 kids and a cart full of groceries, my card was DENIED, and I was forced to imbaressingly walk out of the store!! I called the bank, the rep assured me a new card was in process and on the way...waited 15 business days, no card. 10/29/10 I physically went to the location I opened my account at, and was told had to make a new process...was told to wait 5-7 business days, well today is 11/17/10 and STILL NO CARD!!! All they keep telling me is allow 5-7 business days...I'm pretty sure my math is correct in saying it's been that and then some!!! I'm one pretty ticked off person about this whole situation!!! I understand protecting my account, but this is getting rediculous!! If it's not a customer's fault, then they should take different measures to get the issue handled like within 24hrs or less!!!

Comments

• Tr
      17th of Nov, 2010

If you had a debit card there would be no issue. I can tell you with 99% assurity that your situation is a credit issue and they will not tell you. For whatever reason they cannot find a lender who desires to issue you a card and lend you money. If it is otherwise buy a prepaid card or write a check.

17th of Nov, 2010

it's a debit/charge card, didn't know that's how it worked : / ... and you're absolutely correct Stealth, I'm '###'...as I had mentioned, I understand they are trying to protect my money...there was NO call or letter or anything that I received over the matter. I don't care that they froze my account. I care that I can't get to my money until I get the card (some years ago I had issues and can't use checks until I get it cleared, my error)...I have 4 children, 2 of which are 3 yr twins, and stay in need of things often, diapers, meds. kids can't do without. My husbands account and he works daily, and gets home late, therefore leaving me no access until the weekends...wouldn't you '###' too??