Barnes and Noble / rudeness and refusal to return an item
Today I went to the Pittsfield Barnes and Noble to return a book that I had purchased . Since I did not have a receipt, they refused to let me return it. When I returned home, I had called the Barnes and Noble customer service number and the person on the phone told me that there was nothing that they could do because I did not have a receipt. They also explained to me that each store has a different policy regarding returns. After my phone conversation with the people in customer service was over, the person tried to convince me to purchase a $25.00 membership card.
This is not my first problem that I have had with them either. In September, I ordered a book for a class that I was taking and they they told me that it would be in in a week. The book did not come in until after the class was over.(8 weeks) I have had it with them and refuse to shop at their store anymore.
More Barnes and Noble Complaints & Reviews
- Barnes and Noble - unauthorized membership renewal charges 
- Barnes And Noble Member Card - member card 
- Barnes & Noble - advertised price vs in store price 
- Barnes and Noble - fraud 
- Barnes & Noble - barnes and noble falsely advertises & fast and free & delivery 
- Barnes and Noble - customer account access
- Barnes & Noble - gift card issues 
- Barnes and Noble - nook sales associates 
- Barnes & Noble - book order number: 4041433011
- Barnes & Noble - barnes & noble credit card dishonest advertising