Bank Of America / unauthorized withdrawal of funds from my checking account
On the 15th of February, I logged on to my Bank of America (hereafter referred to as BoA) net account to verify my payment for the month. Funds are automatically withdrawn on the 17th of each month for a predetermined amount. BoA was having some sort of "We Love Our Customers" promotion (Valentines Day?) and offered a one-time deal of paying just $15.00 for the February billing period. I "signed-up" made the proper changes, authorized it and that was that. Move ahead to February 26. I go to my bank to make a deposit and discover, to my horror, that I have only $13.00 in my account: my balance should have been $940.00. Coincidentally I get my latest statement from BoA that afternoon. Instead of billing me $15.00 for February, they have billed me TWICE for $300.00 ($600.00 total) and then on 02/19 they bill me again for $327.00, apparently for the March bill (which isn't due until 03/17). I call customer service right away and although I'm assured, after 45 minutes, that I will get the initial $600.00 back, I am told that this probably happened due to "Operator Error"... ie, it was my fault (!) I make a second call the next day when I learned of the $327.00 taken on the 19th. And while the guy ultimately agreed that I was owed the money, this twit actually had the nerve to come right out and say that it was my fault. When I asked for a letter from BoA explaining what had occurred so that I could present it to my other creditors when I was late for any payment, I got a flat out "NO". Flash ahead to Monday, 03/05. I receive a check for $327.00. I call BoA and ask where the other $600.00 is. The CA tells me that she sees a request for the funds, but that it has not yet been authorized. Today: 03/07. I call Customer Satisfaction w/ BoA. I inquire, once again, as to the status of the $600.00 . This person proceeds to tell me that there is no refund coming, that $300.00 was used to pay last month's bill, and the other $300.00 is for this months bill, again due 03/17. In disgust I finally said, "here's the deal, you folks send me my $600.00 AND a letter of apology, or you won't see another payment from me. Let's see...$600.00 versus $11,000.00 in an unsecured loan. YOU FIGURE IT OUT".
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud protection
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied
- Bank Of America Corporation - the racist comments the bakers in delano california
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service