Bank Of America / incredibly bad service

Been with BofA for 11 years. At the time of this complaint I have decent credit, a BofA Platinum card, and the means to cancel them immediately. I told them of a scam I had been involved in and they demanded payment for the scam without researching anything. After telling them it would be returned on my card shortly, they still demanded payment, but the worst part is, the payment was only $15.

I demanded to speak to a supervisor and she was equally as unpleasant. Her management skills were to make the customer feel defensive. She attacked me for not paying a bill I did not know I had (luckily I logged in to find out I was scammed). She lambasted me for being, get this, 3 days late. I, in turn, told her she just lost another Platinum card customer. I'd rather put my money in a pillow case.

Comments

• Je
      28th of Dec, 2009

Bank of America, worst bank ever. My landlord gave me his checking account number, so I could make a deposit in his account. The bank teller requested my I.D. before she allowed me to make the deposit. I ask, why do I need to show my I.D., to make a deposit? Teller replied, to protect the customer. I ask, how is showing I.D. before depositing cash in your customer account, protecting him? She replied again, to protect the customer. I guess common sense is not common at Bank of America.

• Do
      3rd of Jun, 2016
    Bank Of America - Incredibly poor service
    Bank of America
    Pennsylvania

After a number of extra payments were incorrectly posted as scheduled payments, I was advised by the bank to send payments to specifically a payment processing center, which I did. Payments were still often posted incorrectly even in spite of printing and yellow-highlighting "Principal Only" in three different places on the checks. The latest payment was returned by USPS because "forward time expired." Since forwarding time typically expires after one year, it's difficult to understand why Bank of America didn't find the time and a bit of courtesy to send a change of address notice.

The problem is most likely caused by machine handling of mailed payments. But it would be so easy for any bank to specify a different PO box for extra or additional payments to separate them from regular payments that blaming machines is simply an excuse for poor service.

I've suggested selling the mortgage to a competent lender, but of course that's not one of the bank's form responses.