Bank Of America / fraud and cheating
This is what Bank of America did to me. We bought our home in December 2006. It is an older home and needed a lot of repair. They had an appraisal done and appraised the home at $105, 100.00. The was bought for $52, 000.00. Well we purchased our own home owners insurance and the insurance and the yearly taxes were escrowed into the payment of the home.
Our payments were $496.00. The next thing we know they sent a payment book in February 2008 with the payment amount of $2, 110.00 a month. We thought it ws a typo until we went to pay the payment. Well the had no explanation to why at the time. Well we checked into it further that they had not paid our insurance or taxes. They lapsed our insurance and force placed their insurance of $13, 000.00. That put our escrow out of whack by -$20, 000.00. Well we couldn't afford that. We tried to get more insurance and because we don't have a central heat and air unit and new siding on the house we can't get insurance. The home was built in 1920 and needs updates. The Florida commission said until we get these updates and due to the fact the back let our insurance lapse we won't be able to get new insurance. Well the home is in foreclosure. We have been to court twice now and the judge agreed there is a discrepancy on there part. The court both times we have went come out in our favor. The next day after court Bank of America hired SAFE-Loc to enter our home and change all of the locks on the doors. A week later they hird some other guy to cut the grass. They gave him the new keys to the home. First of all if he is cutting the grass why does he need to enter the home? Anyway he entered the home and started removing the contents that was still in the home. Well remember the judge has not awarded them the home. We went to the local sheriff's office and tried to get a No- Tresspass warrant to no avail. We have no lawyer cause we can't afford one and have been fighting this ourselves. We go back to court on November 5, 2008. I just hope that they fix our credit cause they have really messed it up. I hope they reward us either the home or they money we have paid into the home including the money used for remodeling. Something has to give.
More Bank Of America Complaints & Reviews
- Countrywide - Bank Of America/short Sale - Incompetent Department and Service 
- Bank Of America - b.o.a. closed my credit card account 
- Countrywide Home Loan - Bank Of America - fraud and misrepresentation, abuse of customers 
- Bank Of America - property claims 
- Bank Of America - Privacy Assist Plan - abusive customer service rep 
- Bank Of America Corporation - fraud protection
- Bank Of America Corporation - The bank closed my account for no reason and retained my money!!!!
- Bank Of America Corporation - payment not received and negative charges applied
- Bank Of America Corporation - the racist comments the bakers in delano california
- Bank Of America Corporation - customer service