Bally's Total Fitness / Scam and cheating!

1001 Easton RoadPhiladelphia, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 215-576-7807
Today I got up to go the the 6:10am spin class. In order to take a spin class you have to sign up for a bike. Since I was the last person on the list (#13) I had to give my bike up to someone who had prepaid $2.00 to reserve a bike. Now was that my fault that ballys took a pre payment and didn't take that bike off the list? I was so upset because I only go to this facility to take spin class with the Great instructor who's name is Beverly. I already have a membership with Aquatic Fitness (I love it here!) Beverly use to teach spin class here but she moved to Bally's and that is why I go to bally's just to see her. Why Can't Bally's have more bike and keep the bikes they have in working condition...

Comments

Ch
  12th of Mar, 2008
Beleive me I agree Bally's is terrible with their equiptment as well as their staff and professionalism. I was cancelled because another member told staff my mother was using my membership card. Since we both have the same name they beleived this person and cancelled my membership without notifying me of any problems with anyone using my card. Which the only one with a card would be me, my mom had used guest passes from time to time but did not use my card. They should had checked with me and advised me that someone else was using my card if in fact anyone did use my card. The staff members lie and misrepresent the company.
Do
  28th of Jun, 2009
While it seems like the only thing we can do is post on scam.com, this is not true! I think that everyone really needs to get together and try to bring this evil, immoral and corrupt company down. This is what I have done so far. Made copies of flyers and distributed it near colleges and even near Bally Total Fitness itself about my story. I also wrote an article about it online.

If the government won't do anything about it and if the Better Business Bureau won't do anything about it, no matter how many complaints they get, we have to take things into our own hands. I recently wrote an email to Michael Moore, the famous director and creator of award winning documentaries such as Sicko, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 through his website at www.michaelmoore.com or you can email him directly at mike@michaelmoore.com.

I know that this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe if enough people write to him, he will pay attention to us. He is a brilliant man. I believe he's the kind of person that personally reads his emails and will help if he can!!! So try it!!! You have nothing to lose. Meanwhile, the main goal is to inform people. If you see someone getting lured into Bally's, try to stop them from going in. The more people that knows about this, the more Bally's will lose business. Once they can't save themselves, they will realize what they have done wrong to have flushed their entire corporation down the toilet.

~Peace.
An
  30th of Jun, 2011
They used to have a number in their Norwalk California location (562) area code but they recently disconnectd the access to customer service there. If you dial 0 it automatically disconnects you. They do that and extend their turnaround times to make a final monthly charge or two. If you cancel, pay for the tracking fee with the postal servce so you can identify when Bally's receive your notice and document. Indicate in your letter you will not be assessed further charges.

File your complaints with consumer affairs, and tweet the heck out of your issue to anyone. Try to protect unsuspecting future memberss/prisoners of their contracts. They are about to go out of business, according to many blogs.

Review your contract. The older ones should not identify any cancellation fees, especially if your contract has expired. Take it as far as you have to. This organization is one huge rip off while all you are trying to do is keep in shape. Put these types of business off the map - they are pitiful.