Complaints & Reviews

Bally Total Fitness — Debt

Dear Board Members: June 17, 2009 In June 2008 I went to Bally Total Fitness and signed an agreement a...

Ballys Total FitnessService

Been a member for over 15 years, time to renew again. I need to wait until payday, no biggie. "We can't let you workout until you pay" No biggie, they even let me use their phone to call the automated number that reaches no human. "Speak to the mgr?" Sure. Here he comes, no pleasant nature, no hello sir, no nothing, doesn't offer to shake my hand, .. nice to meet you too. Texas hospitality at its worst. This is the mgr???? The best option to him was for the customer to leave the gym and produce a 2 week pass. If I weren't in the computer already, and was a frail wimpy guy, a safety concern may have been some valid reason I guess, but no... the concern is money that is 10 days away, for which i have a year membership plus for each day in waiting. Customer service guys, I have 19 years sales experience, there is no way I would let an existing customer leave without my product. Here is my question, if you don't appreciate customer loyalty after 15 years, what does it take? The fact is there is a way to produce the temp membership on site and take care of the customer who drove from who knows where. The mgr didn't even look at the computer to see who the heck he was dealing with. Bally's you haven't let me down, I'm sure there is a DM or CM that would like to train this no people skills, no business skills mgr., I've got my temp. membership, still a customer, but provided my experience today, I will hold onto my gym ads.

Bally Total Fitness — Does any one conduct CRIMINAL BACKGROUND checks anymore?

My best friend joined the Bally Total Fitness in Alexandria, VA on October 2008. She needed help with her...

Bally Total Fitness Englewood Cliffs, NJ — Nasty Desk People

I too was scammed by this company many years ago. I was in high school, and when I joined I wanted to make...

Bally Total Fitness — 7 day free pass scam

DO NOT SIGN UP AT THIS GYM. YOU WILL REGRET IT!!! Let me tell you about my horrible experience. I got a...

Bally Total Fitness — Cannot Cancel Membership

I, like everyone else who has ever signed up with Bally, is facing some head on fighting to get out of my...

Bally Total FitnessFraudsters and cheaters

This company is one of the worst ones I have ever had dealings with. I had a Ballys Employee lie directly to my face to get me to sign a contract. Once I filed a formal complaint against him, I found out nothing ever happened. This guy swore to me that I was only signing a document because I was using my debit card for my friend to pay her member dues. Three months letter the calls start coming from Ballys corporate that I owe money. This employee had me sign a contract as the Buyer on my friends membership because she did not have a debit card.

I even went back to the employee and he acted like he was talking to corporate and came back to me and said that I was not the buyer but only a sponsor. what the hell does that mean. Obviously nothing because I am still the buyer on this contract and am no longer friends with the person whose membership it belongs to. Now that she isn't paying her member dues, Ballys is coming after me. I have spent hours on the phone with corporate trying to straighten this out and get told something different every time I call.

Customer service is horrible. I am constantly on hold and they do not update their computers or notes with conversations or agreements. I will never in my life be a member of ballys and I will continue to file complaints against this company.

Bally Total FitnessCANCELLING MEMBERSHIP

I AM WRITING TO INFORM U THAT I HAVE LOST MY JOB AND I WANT TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP...AND FOR SOME REASON BALLY DOESNT WANT TO LET ME CANCEL...I DONT WANT BAD CREDIT...I AM STUDENT I DONT HAVE TIME TO ATTEND THE GYM ANYMORE AND THE PERSONNEL WAS REALLY RUDE TO ME...I AM ONLY 19 AND LIVING ON MY ONE...I NEED TO CANCEL MY MEMBERSHIP NOW...MY NAME IS YAHAYRA RUIZ...MY NUMBER IS [protected]...PLEASE HELP

Jayrcute Feb 22, 2010

i've got the same reason reason but they don't cancel my membership as well.

Bally Total FitnessHow to cancel in an efficent way? Please help

Hi everyone

I was researching today and I read a whole bunch of reviews on how it's difficult to get out of the contract at Bally's. People were tricked into 3 year commitment. Their paperwork took forever to get processed and they had to pay an additional month of fees while waiting for it to be canceled. Unfortunately, I signed up for Bally's yesterday. However, my contract is not 3 years, it's 2 months. I wish I had looked at this carefully before I signed up. My friends signed up and none of them told me it sucked. :(

Anyway, what is the most efficient way to cancel the membership? I'm planning to cancel it after 2 months. I will get billed every 15th. I'm guessing my contract ends on April 15th. I don't want my membership to be active after April 15th. I read in the contract that it asks for a 30 day notice. Do I need to give a reason?

I'm planning to send 3 letters, a whole bunch of emails and 3 faxes.

• Ju
            Junior Feb 11, 2009

well man this guys sucks.. they told me the same to try it out and if i dont like it i can end the contract... well i tried it out for a week.. my job change my hours.. so i said i cant come to the gym anymore after 5 days ... then they said that i cant bcuz i was suppost to cancel before 3 days.. so if i wanted to end this i have to pay 1400 dollars.

now im payin 40 dollars a month for a gym i cant go.. nowonder why is going bankrupt.. those sale guys sucks they lied to you to make you sign.

oh and if you call the company they are very rude. to you.. they make it impossible to talk to ..

just wait a lil i think the company is going under ...

• Sp
            spicybabes Apr 08, 2009

To cyclone123

For how long did you sign your contract and for how much?

Cancelling the right way means "under the term of your contract"

* Do NOT call the gym to cancel.
            * Do NOT email the gym to cancel.
            * Do NOT visit the gym to cancel.
            * Do NOT meet with anyone at the gym to cancel.

These will make everything worse:

* Do NOT stop your direct debit.
            * Do NOT cancel your credit card.
            * Do NOT close your bank account.
            * Do NOT tell your credit card company you lost your credit card.

Check these web site

California

Example: California State Law gives you tons of extra protection:
            California Civil Code Sections 1812.80-1812.97
            TITLE 2.5. CONTRACTS FOR HEALTH STUDIO SERVICES

Hope this will help

• Do
            DownWithBallys Jun 28, 2009

While it seems like the only thing we can do is post on forums and complaint sites, this is not true! I think that everyone really needs to get together and try to bring this evil, immoral and corrupt company down. This is what I have done so far. Made copies of flyers and distributed it near colleges and even near Bally Total Fitness itself about my story. I also wrote an article about it online.

If the government won't do anything about it and if the Better Business Bureau won't do anything about it, no matter how many complaints they get, we have to take things into our own hands. I recently wrote an email to Michael Moore, the famous director and creator of award winning documentaries such as Sicko, Bowling for Columbine and Fahrenheit 9/11 through his website at www.michaelmoore.com or you can email him directly at [protected]@michaelmoore.com.

I know that this is a long shot, but it doesn't hurt to try. Maybe if enough people write to him, he will pay attention to us. He is a brilliant man. I believe he's the kind of person that personally reads his emails and will help if he can!!! So try it!!! You have nothing to lose. Meanwhile, the main goal is to inform people. If you see someone getting lured into Bally's, try to stop them from going in. The more people that knows about this, the more Bally's will lose business. Once they can't save themselves, they will realize what they have done wrong to have flushed their entire corporation down the toilet.

~Peace.

• As
            ask me Jul 11, 2009

Ok things have changes and because of the Bankruptcy. Call and request to cancel whatever you do do not set up your credit card or check account on auto electronic pay. They are required to drop your membership to 19.00 a monh per person dont argue with the telephone employee request to speak to a manager and they willhonor it. Let them know youlost your job trust me this willwork. If all your paying is monthly dues negotiate until they drop the price to 9.00 dollars a month they are requiredto do it. Iknow all the inside info.

the man

• Ke
            kenli Oct 13, 2009

just don't use Bally Total fitness at all. It took me almost six months to cancel my membership. they overcharged me more than $400 before I can cancel my membership. I will never join this kind of club again.

Ball'y Total Fitness — Misleading sales practices

In september 06 I signed up for a new membership at Ballys. At the time the gym was a small temporary gym and...

Ballys Total FitnessUnauthorized billing

I signed up for a Ballys membership in June 2008. I am a student and go to school out of state, so I was looking for a gym for two months. I was told by the man who helped me sign up that I could work out for 60 days and then I could cancel my membership, as long as I did so within ten days of the 60-day point. If I didn't, I would be signed up for a year contract. He was going to give me the membership for $39.88 a month and waive the cancellation fee to make it appealing to me.

I went in within ten days of the 60-day point and told the person at the front desk that I was on the two-month trial membership and I wanted to cancel. I filled out some form and was told it was taken care of.

A month later, $39.88 is deducted from my bank account. I called Ballys and they told me that I was signed up for a year contract. Apparently, the only way to cancel a membership is to write a letter to corporate and send them $50. To get it over with, I just wrote a letter and sent $50.

A month later, $39.88 is deducted from my bank account. I called Ballys and had them stop the electronic funds transfer. I'd rather get bills then just loose money without having any say in the matter. The woman I talked to told me I should have been canceled when I went in the first time, I did not need to write a letter and I certainly didn't owe them $50. I would be receiving a $50 check in the mail shortly.

A month later, I get a phone call saying I owe $39.88. I explain to them what's going on, they look at my account and apologize, telling me they will cancel it and a check is in the mail.

A month later, same story. I insist on speaking to a supervisor, who tells me she is very sorry and she will personally handle it. For the next two weeks, I receive daily phone calls from a computer telling me I owe Ballys money. I call Ballys and ask if my membership has been canceled. They tell me it's in the works and it will be done within 7-10 business days. I tell them that's great, but please stop calling me because I'm in class every morning and it's irritating. They turn off the system that calls me.

That was two months ago. Yesterday, I received a collections letter in the mail. I went into Ballys immediately and they told me they were so sorry, this should have been canceled months ago, and to come back at 9am tomorrow morning when corporate is open.

I went back at 9am this morning and corporate is not open. 'Corporate is in California, ' they tell me, 'so that's noon our time.' The woman at the front desk tells me she's sorry, she'll take care of it, and to come back that evening to get my finalized cancellation paperwork.

We'll see... if this continues to be a problem, they will get reported to the Better Business Bureau and I am contacting my lawyer. I hope all of you out there who have problems with them file a federal report, and that no one signs up for a membership there. They're alright while you're a member, but it's impossible to get out of, and you're credit will suffer because of it.

Ballys Total FitnessRefusal to Cancel Contrat

I joined Ballys total fitness and signed what I thought was a two year contract. After paying on the account for a year with no missed payments, I was involved in a car accident and advised by a physician to discontinue going to the gym. When I submitted my paperwork to cancel the contract I was told that only a portion of the contratc would be cancelled because I had an additional member who I let use my account go to the gym.
            The cancellation rights of the contract clearly state, "If the primary member is cancelled then all additional members under him are cancelled as well." The additional memebr was my girfreind who I gave a card to but she has no legal bindings to the contratc and is not legeally obligated to pay, she was just a member who went under my contratc. Now that I am physically unable to go to the gym, , Im being told that I still have to pay so that she can go, , when she is not even a primary member. ballys has notified all three credit bureas and reuse to cancel this contract.
            I am receiving harrassing phone calls from ballys everyday and they will not stop.

Bally Total Fitness — Gym closed down can't get in touch for refund

My friend and I went and signed up for a 1 year deal at Bally's Gym in Jacksonville even though the...

Bally Total FitnessFraud/Open illegal account

Bally's closed my original account and opened a new one without notice. they never sent a notification until i checked my credit report and i went to Bally's to see what's wrong.

After i did this, they sent my account to collection to Asset Acceptance.

This persons are now trying to collect the amount that i allegedly own Bally's

Bally Total FitnessRidiculous policies and unethical practices

My contract has been ended for 3 month and I cannot even cancel my membership. Each time I attempted for cancel membership, the customer service has been nothing but rude and bullying trying get to renew. I told them I am not interested in renewing and they said once I sign up, I am stuck with Bally for life. I believe that is not fair and wrong.

I subscribed to Prepaid legal attorney to help me resolve, but the way he tried to resolve it made worse. I want some how get Bally stop with their unfair business practices.

Gisele of Long Beach CA (10/12/08)

I signed a contract with them at, then ceased to attend the gym after about 9 months. Somehow I owe them money, although I'm not really sure why or how. I am not getting charged for 3 years worth of dues, which I would expect to happen since I'm noticing (from other complaints) that their contracts are 3-year ones. They have turned me over to a collection agency.

Bad credit, stress. Confusion as to their ridiculous policies and unethical practices.

Bally Total FitnessViolation of consumer rights

Bally's is closing this location on the 31st of October, 2008. We were told that we would be able to cancel our contract due to this closing. However, when we called the headquarters, they said that since there's another Bally's within 25 miles, we can't cancel. The other club is inconvenient and it is inferior to the one we have been visiting. We feel that this is a violation of our rights as consumers--they are basically forcing us to pay for something we don't want.

• Ba
                      bally92 Nov 05, 2008

which bally's closed? what location are you talking about?

janet Nov 27, 2008

This Bally's, located on Magnolia & Broadway in Anaheim, CA is unsanitary, with mold and standing water in the so-called stretching area. There is no hot water at the sinks in the ladies room. When machines break down, they put an "out of order" sign on it and a chain around it, where it stays for anywhere for 1-5 months and then they just haul it away. Four televisions were just ripped off the wall by disgruntled fired workers about two months ago. No replacements. Bally's Corporate could give a damn. When I called them, they were more interested in my membership number then the problems. This gym SHOULD BE CONDEMNED!!!

Health Department PLEASE! LOCAL NEWS CHANNELS PLEASE REPORT ON THIS. Pool, showers and jacuzzi are deplorable. The sauna is also out of order. And the club manager cannot do anything to solve the big problems. The roof leaks so there is standing water up on the walking track. The place is 40 years old and looks every bit of it.

Channel 2, 4, 7, 9, 11 and 13... Please go with your cameras and take a look

Bally Total FitnessTerrible experience

I got suckered into a 3 year (!!) contract with Bally's which the only way i can get out of is to either pay the rest of the contract up front or move 50 miles away from the nearest location. I think this is poor customer service to not let people know up front what kind of financial commitment they are making especially with the limited hours and locations. I regret ever leaving 24hr fitness. I also got a few free sessions with a personal trainer who didn't show up most of the time and then had to wait around for 30-40 minutes for them to find someone who could take me.

• Valerie Oct 31, 2008

I purchased a ballys membership in the fall of 2005, i was told that i wasn't able to purchase a membership unless i signed a 3 yr contract. I had to put 50 down and then i paid 35/month. I used the membership for about 1 yr. but the gym got to crowded and a lot of the equipment was often broken. Including the steamroom and sauna.

I called ballys directly and was told since i signed the contract i was legally binded to it and i couldn't cancel. The person i talked to was rude and he told me if i didn't pay then i would be sent to collections and you wouldn't want that would you? So i paid my membership for the 3 years and went to other local ballys but i was completely unsatisfied with ballys and there services. 1200 dollars down the drain.

• Cl
                        CLIFF HUDSON Jan 31, 2009

I AM A MEMBER OF BALLY TOTAL FITNESS AND HAVE BEEN SINCE 2003 AND I AM CONCERNES WITH THEIR PRACTICES AND THE WAY THEY HAVE BEEN DOING BUSINESS LATELY...ON 01-30-2009 AT AROUND 1730HRS. I BEGAN MY WORKOUT IN THE AEROBICS ROOM AT THE KING OF PRUSSIA, PA. FACILITY. I CHECKED THE SCHEDULE TO MAKE SURE THAT THERE WAS NO CLASSES AT THAT TIME BEFORE I STARTED MY WORKOUT AND THERE WAS NOT...I BEGAN SKIPPING ROPE AND I WAS THERE FOR ABOUT 15 MINUTESAND HAD A FEW MINUTES LEFT TO GO. WHEN THIS EMPLOYEE ( CLASS INSTRUCTOR) CAME IN AND SAID IN A NASTY MANNER THAT A CLASS WAS ABOUT TO BEGIN AND THAT MY JUMPING ROPE WAS INTERFERING WITH THE CLASS.. I TOLD HER THAT I CJECKED THE SCHEDULE AND THERE IS NO CLASS SCHEDULED TODAY... SHE SAID THAT IT DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON THE SCHEDULE...AND IF I DO NOT LEAVE SHE WOULD CALL SOMEONE AND HAVE ME DRAGGED OUT OF THE ROOM AND ESCORTED OUT OF THE BUILDING...I TOLD HER THAT I STILL HAVE A FEW MINUTES OF SKIPPING ROPE AND I PLAN TO FINISH IT...SHE SAID THAT THAT "YOU WILL NOT" AND MARCHED OUT OF THE ROOM TO GET SOMEONE. MEANWHILE I FINISHED UP MY SKIPPING ROPE ROUTINE AND STARTED ON THE UNIVERSAL MACHINES OUTSIDE OF THAT AREA. THATS WHEN I WAS APPROACHED BY THE MANAGER (BOB).AND I DON'T KNOW IF HE WAS GIVING ME THE BUSINESS OR NOT BUT HE SAID THAT CLASSES DOES NOT HAVE TO BE ON THE SCHEDULE..AND EVERYONE HAS TO ABIDE BY THAT..HE WAS APOLOGETIC ABOUT HER ATTITUDE. BUT AS A MEMBER THERE I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO STOP MY WORKOUT TO GIIVE WAY TO CLASSES THAT ARE NOT POSTED...ON THAT DAY BEFORE WHEN I CAME TO THE GYM..THERE WAS CLASSES THERE THAT WERE POSTED AND I DID NOT SKIP ROPE THAT DAY. DUE TO THE SCHEDULED CLASSES. I AM APALLED AT THE FACT THAT I AM INCONVENIENCED IF I HAVE TO WORK AROUND THERE SCHEDULE AND BE INCONVENIENCED I COULD WORKOUT AT HOME...AND SAVE MY MEMBERSHIP MONEY. THERE HAS BEEN OTHER INCIDENCES THAT HAPPENED THERE BUT THIS WAS THE STRAW THAT BROKE THE CAMELS BACK.
                        1.MOST OF THE PERSONAL TRAINERS WALK AROUND LIKE THEY HAVE CHIP ON THEIR SHOULDER AND ARE VERY ANTI-SOCIABLE. I FORGOT MY JUMP ROPE ONE TIME AND A FEMALE TRAINER WAS SITTING AT THE DESK WHERE THE ROPE WAS AND I ASKED HER FOR IT AND SHE TOLD ME IT WAS FOR THE PERSONAL TRAINERS AND THERE CUSTOMERS..OF WHICH THERE WAS NEVER A PROBLEM WITH ME USING IT BEFORE.
                        2.THERE WAS A TIME WHEN I WAS WORKING ON A MACHINE AND A PERSONAL TRAINER THAT NEVER SAYS ANYTHING TO ME MOVES INTO MY WAY WHILE I AM WORKING OUT AND ALMOST CAUSED A SERIOUS ACCIDENT. AND MADE UP SOME SOME CRAZY EXCUSE TO JUSTIFY HIS ACTIONS
                        3. THERE IS NEVER A LIFEGAURD IN THE SWIMMING POOL AREA AND IT SEEMS THAT BALLY TOTAL FITNESS HAS SOME KIND OF CONTRACT WITH THE HOTEL BESIDE IT AND FAMILYS FROM THE HOTEL AND THERE KIDS COME INTO THET POOL AREA UNSUPERVISED BY THEIR PARENTS AND DISREGARD ALL OF THE RULES. AND IT IS VERY UNFAIR TO THE MEMBERS. MY WIFE HAD TO CORRET THEM ON MANY OCASSION. AND IT IS NOT FAIR THAT SHE HAS TO DO THAT...AGAIN THERE SHOULD BE A LIFE GAURD THERE
                        4. THEIR HAS BEEN TIMES WHEN STAFF WAS VERY DISREPECTFUL TO ME. ONE PARTICULAR INCIDENT WAS ON MARTIN LUTHER KING'S BIRTHDAY I ASKED A STAFF MEMBER WHAT TIME THEY CLOSED. AND A GIRL AT THE FRONT DESK ASKED "HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A MEMBER HERE INSTEAD OF ANSWERING MY QUESTION...

THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF OTHER INCIDENTS THAT HAPPENED THERE TO THE POINT WHERE I AM SERIOUSLY THINKING ABOUT GOING TO THE HUMAN RELATIONS COMMISSION ABOUT THIS AND FILE A LAW SUIT AGAINST BALLY'S AND THEN FIND ANOTHER GYM TO GO TO THAT IS MORE ACCOMODATING TO MY NEEDS...AFTER ALL AS A MEMBER MY WORKOUT IS FIRST PRIORITY...AND IT SHOULD NOT BE INTERUPTED FOR AN UNSCHEDULED CLASS

Bally Total Fitness — Sex in the bathrooms in steamrooms at Bally's in Downey

Apparently Bally's allows all kinds of sexual activity (paid and upaid) take place in its gyms, but...

Bally Total FitnessFraud and cheating

Does anyone know how legally bining the BALLY FITNESS Contract is? Like many other people, my college-age daughter signed the Bally contract without realizing she was obligating herself to $26.00 for 3 years. She was also originally told she could put the membership on hold and just pay $10 per month, but that is no longer an option either. They told her she could cancel, but neglected to tell her there was a time limit (60 days, I think) to cancel. She just wanted to do a Pilates class that they subsequently discontinued. Is there any way out of this contact? Will her credit score be affected if she just stops paying?

• Ne
                          nelly Sep 25, 2008

It is completely binding unfortunately. I was a victim of this scam in 2001 and it did go on my credit report for 7 years, I only realized this when I tried to apply for credit and it came up. Bally's treats this like a "loan" its ridiculous. It was sold to a credit collection agency and they are still trying to collect the full amount although I only attended one month! I refuse to pay it specially since it is not in my credit report anymore.

• Ru
                          Ruy Dec 12, 2008

ALERT to anyone with a gym membership!! I was recently a victim of a theft at Bally Total Fitness in Beachwood, OH. I entered the gym at approximately 10 am on November 11th and when I returned from working out, my lock was completely removed from my locker and all of my personal belongings were stolen!! This included my house/car keys, cell phone, purse, gym bag and clothes. After scouring the locker room twice, I reported the incident to a less-than-empathetic employee at the front desk (and an even worse Manager!!). I could only remember the number to my bank, so I contacted them to report my debit card and check book stolen. I next contacted the police and they promptly arrived to take my report. By the time I made it home (approximately 90 minutes later), the thief had charged $8, 500 on my credit cards and written two checks totaling $1, 500!! Eight different merchants allowed this thief to use my credit cards that clearly stated 'PHOTO ID REQUIRED' on the backs of them!

I am writing to alert everyone of this crime and my terrible experience. Almost one month and approximately $10, 000 later, I am still not the same. I wouldn't wish this on my worse enemy. And the sad part is that the Detective handling my case does not seem motivated to catch the thief at all. He stated to me in our first conversation, 'I get 4 or 5 of these across my desk every week.' With such a poor attitude like that, he doesn't help my feelings of being victimized, violated, fear, frustration, etc.

I have not received any support or assistance from Bally Total Fitness. A contact in their corporate office stated that, 'this doesn't happen very often.' Since publicizing my story, I have met and heard of NUMEROUS people with similar experiences at Bally Total Fitness and other health spas.

So as the holiday season approaches and the economy continues to weaken, please be advised that the thieves are on the prowl. Please be careful and protect your personal belongings because Bally Total Fitness and others certainly ARE NOT!

CAUTION: DO NOT TAKE ANY VALUABLE ITEMS INSIDE THE GYM!!!

• Jd
                          JD36 Jan 23, 2009

I was a member at the Ballys Total Fitness in Colorado Springs, Co and the same thing happen to me. I lost my wallet, rings, and watch. I really believe it was a staff person. Seriously the Gym is packed and how could no one walking in and out the locker room not see that someone was breaking into a locker. I did find a piece of my lock. It appeared to be cut. We I asked Staff if they had cut my lock they stated, they had open a lock for a member who claim to have lost thier key. The problem was that was my lock not this person. They should really ask to see ID once the locker is open to ensure that they are opening a true member's locker and not a thief.

• El
                          Elle Mar 26, 2009

Numerous of times I’ve seen Bally’s staff using bolt cutters to cut open someone’s lock in the locker room. It’s really understandable if the lock belongs to you and somehow you can’t open your lock. My question is how do they know it really belongs to that particular member. These is the reason that I would not leave my wallet in the locker even though I use a lock.

Bally Total Fitness in Auburn, WA had outdoor pool with privet fencing around it; there were two gates with locks on them. Also there was a rehab center next door. The only way to get in the pool is through the locker rooms which obviously you need to check in at the front desk. In the summer of 2008 I was swimming with my 4 year old, I noticed a drunken lady walking in through the gate that supposed to be locked. I myself mentioned couple of times to the staff of Bally’s including a life guard that the lock is broken and strangers walk in any time they want to. At the end of the summer Bally’s still never fixed the fence lock. That same summer this lady went to get her things out of the locker & her car keys were gone, her things where still there. She ran outside & her car was gone too. She told me that she didn’t use lock; she had a gym bag w/clean cloth and keys on the bottom of that gym bag. Although she said she never used lock she just left her things in the locker. Not a smart thing to do, but still… I myself left my bag in an unlocked locker and thank God nothing was stolen. I learned my lesson since.

• Do
                          DownWithBallys Jun 28, 2009

~Peace.

• Fr
                          Frank Blades Dec 01, 2011

My name is Frank, on November 04, 2011 I went to Bally Fitness to pick up my wife ID that she forget to pick up after a visit. A Bally's employee told me that my wife would like to be a member. After a tour of the place, I decide to be a member. I also sign for a personal trainer which he talk me into. Its $89.00 1 time only. I found out later that Bally lied to me about my wife want to be a member. my wife said she don't want anything to do whit Bally. The next day I went back to Bally and cancel my member ship. They told me I need to send a written certified cancellation letter to Washington in which I did. Now Bally is still taking money out of my bank account. plus Bally send a bill for another 89.00 for personal training. Me and my wife never used any of Bally's equipment or a personal trainer. I tried to call Bally which was a wast of time.

Bally's Total Fitness — Unauthorized billing

Bally's Total Fitness is an absolute rip off. They are trying to sell me 'debt' to bill...