Bally Total Fitness / Rip off!

1 Hollywood CALos Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

I joined bally's a couple of years ago and against the wishes of a wiser friend signed a contract that made it convenient for them to dun me till my dying days over the fact that I canceled after six months. I have now for three years received threatening phone calls, and a bad credit rating as a rsult of this so-called contract. One bill collector said she was sending the sheriff to my door. She implied she would be there also even though she was calling from some boiler room in Florida.

Now it's being handled by 'Performance Capital Management', I am amazed that the fact I paid all dues is overlooked and they scream at me 'you signed it' is all they can come up with. The Bally's corporation must really be something as I am sure they don't need the money that bad.

Va

Comments

• Ju
      8th of Oct, 2008

We signed contract with Bally 2 years ago. Nobody told me then that I'm "getting a loan" as representative named it few months ago. We moved few months ago (to be closer to work) and then I checked that nearest Bally center is 6 miles away from our house or office I tried to cancel my membership cause driving 6 miles just to exercise seems stupid. That's then I found out about the loan. I signed that contract but I had no idea that I'm getting a loan which I have to repay and it doesn't matter if I'm using their services. As I call it it is legal scam designed by Bally and I will never ever will be Bally customer again, it's not like I'm their customer now, no, I just paying my loan! I'm considering these payments what I have every month, as a reward to whoever had this idea and created legal scam these days in US!

Stay away from Bally if you want avoid paying loan back for three years! There enough fitness centers around where you can exercise for affordable month to month payment. Once again STAY AWAY FROM BALLY FITNESS!!!