Bad Boy Furniture / Unsafe furniture

Canada Review updated:
4.35
My husband and I bought a couch, loveseat and chair set from the barrie bad boys 2 months ago. This set is very unsafe as any time someone tries to get off of it, the whole couch or chair starts to tip. I went in with my parents and we showed him how it tipped and added that it is even worse on our hardwood floors and all the manager could say to us was that he wouldnt recommend that every piece of furniture be placed on hardwood floors. How many people now a days have hardwood floors? So we finally called head office customer service, they finally had a technician come out who had to save himself on our coffee table while trying to get off the chair. He took a picture and explained to us the reason it was doing this was because the way the couch is constructed with the legs being in farther than the legs it causes it to tip. When I called a week and a half later, the guy I spoke to said the technician reported nothign was wrong after standing in our house telling us he could the problem. So I told him the technician than stood here and bold faced lied to us, I said I think you need to have the customer sign the report when the technician is done so everyone is in agreement. And he said to me the customer does sign it, which is funny because neither my husband nor I signed anything because the technician did not fill out a report at our house!
I would not recommend bad boys to anybody as they are rude and do not care about their customers. Do not waste your money on their sh*tty furniture.

Comments

Wa
  5th of Jan, 2008
Please go to the larger BB about this company.... "Lastman's Bad Boy Furniture". Or do a google search for "bad boy complaints" and you'll see the other thread. This and anybody will find help here....the only help (not through Bad Boy as they're ###) is banding together and printing off these complaints to be used in action against them.

Unfortunate that these type of companies exist still. I'm in Kitchener and this store's been open only 4 months. Since August 2007. London had been open about 2-3 weeks longer than the Kitchener one and there's postings there as well. Absolutely maddening.
Ma
  31st of Jan, 2008
My husband and I purchased a fridge, gas stove, washer, dryer and a dining room set from the Badboy store in Barrie in September. We had it delivered to our new home on Dec. 7. Upon the delivery, the fridge was all chipped and dinged and was very loud, the stove was electrice (we purchased a gas one) and the dining room set was all scratched and chipped. Upon several calls that Friday and over the weekend, I was told that nobody could help me until the following Monday. I didn't hear anything back, on the Tuesday I called again and proceeded to tell me that everything was on backorder now and the my real stove was just delivered to someone else the day prior. I was then told that they had the dining room table top in stock and would be delivered that Friday. Friday came and nobody showed up and following another call to Badboy, they had no explaination. My husband took over the calls and spoke with someone else at customer service. He said found our stove at the Barrie store and it along with our replacement dining room table would be delivered the following Wednesday. I received a voice mail the day before the delivery stating that it wasn't coming because delivery was closed due to Christmas holidays and the deliveries would have to wait until the new year. I called on Jan. 7, 2008 and again, nobody could help me and couldn't locate any of our replacement items. My husband called the manager in the Barrie store and he guaranteed that our delivery would come that Friday. Well it did. The fridge was fine this time, but the stove had a very large dent in the side, which the delivery guys pointed out to my husband and they even shook their heads at the condition. My husband was so fed up and we needed a stove that he told them to leave it and we would deal with it with customer service. We also found that our new dining room table was all banged up again and also again some of the chairs. I called the manager in Barrie and explained everything. I didn't want anymore replacement as this was to be too much. The stove grill was missing some of the padded feet. The feet on the bottm were broken so you can't raise it at all (which we do need to do to make it fit properly). The gas line coming from the back of the stove is cracked and leaks out gas sometimes and it wasn't delivered with the owners manual nor the warranty. I told him that I wanted a wood specialist out to fix our dining room set and wanted a technician to fix the stove up properly and further more, because the stove was so badly damaged I wanted a credit of some kind. I was didn't purchase these items at a scratch and dent sale and further more, we made it very clear that we didn't want the floor models of anything. It has been almost three weeks and still haven't heard anything as the manager promised. He is now avoiding my calls. Just two days ago I finally called the manager again and he answered the phone to tell me that he was annoyed that nobody had called me yet and that I would hear from him or someone else yesterday. Well, not to my surprise nobody called and when I called the store last night I was told that the manager wasn't even in yesterday. So we are getting the run around, my stove looks awful and so does the dining room. I am very stickly about my things and this is completely unacceptable, further more because I don't have a warranty sheet or an owners manual, Kitchenaide can't help me. I hope this gets resolved. I have already sent a long email to Silverman helps in the hopes that he would be very interested in exposing Badboy considering it is a GTA based company and so is the station he represents!

Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore Logo Lastman's Bad Boy Superstore