Avmed / horrible, disgusting, unprofessional customer service

1 Fort Lauderdale, FL, United States

I am disgusted by the lack of interest in providing quality customer service by a so called Linda in the intake/clinical review team. I am shocked. I have never felt so unsatisfied with an insurance company's customer service that I don't even know how to begin or what to say. I am literally shaking of how upset Mrs. Linda has made me. I called in to check/confirm that my fax has been received for a surgery scheduled on Monday for a patient and was transferred by Audrey to Linda who spoke to me in a very disrespectful tone. I understand that they are working a day behind but seriously you have to be friendly and helpful to your customers. Her attitude is unacceptable and should not be a representation of what Avmed stands for. All I wanted was a confirmation that my fax was received. She is very unhelpful. She quickly transferred me to Simone Hunter who was unavailable so I couldn't even speak with a manager about her nasty attitude and this is why I am posting this message. No one should be treated like this in any industry for following up or needing a confirmation or in any case for that matter. WE ARE YOUR CUSTOMERS! I am very disappointed. Fortunately, I called back again and spoke with Jesse. He has always been very helpful and kind and willing to go out of his way to get an answer as quickly as possible. Avmed should be proud to have him working for them. I hope something can be done about how Linda handled this situation.

La