Having problems with AvMed?

AvMed reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 22, 2009. The latest review Failure to pay Memorial Hospital from 2019 was posted on Jun 9, 2021. The latest complaint services not paid was resolved on Jul 31, 2011. AvMed has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 14 reviews. AvMed has resolved 2 complaints.

AvMed Customer Service Contacts

Thu8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with AvMed Customer Service. Initial AvMed complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for AvMed above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about AvMed. Discuss the issues you have had with AvMed and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

AvMed Complaints & Reviews

AvmedFailure to pay Memorial Hospital from 2019

I have been trying to resolve this for 2 years now. Two years ago had a mammogram at Memorial Hospital. WRONG id # was input and Avmed denied payment. After several calls to rectify the situation, I was told 5 times this will be taken care of. Two years, and a collection agency later, Avmed has still not paid. Donna, a rep with Focus Financial (a collection agaency) called me again this morning to ask if I could call Avmed AGAIN. On May 5th, Donna with Focus was told by Anna, an Avmed rep that this will be taken care of AGAIN. Donna has also been told for the past 2 years this will be taken care of.
I called Avmed and after 17 minutes I decided I dont have time to "hang" on all day. I've been "hanging" for 2 years.

Reference # [protected]
ID#A1076140400
Hospital Billed Under [protected]

AvmedDoctor directory and drug formulary

I called 3 times to request doctor directory and drug formulary because I need to find new doctor since you have to request this information. Have not receive it yet. I guess I will not get it. Wanting for you to to prove me wrong. I think you see us as dollar signs and not as customers. I do not know how to get this information if you wont send it to me so you leave me no chose but contact medicare to find why.

Mar 04, 2021

Avmed — Health insurance

I have been trying to reach your customer service, a person/human to talk to and get assistance about my...

Jan 07, 2021

Avmed — Service and assistance

To whom I may concern: I'm a retired Miami Dade Police Officer who has been with Avmed for the past 30 year...

AvmedLack of covid-19 support

AVMED will not pay for my very ill husband to receive a swab test at his doctor's office. He must take the prescription and TRY to get an appointment at a drive thru testing site. In Palm Beach County, the drive-thru is booked for the foreseeable future. The Dr. office HAS THE TEST on site. Why make us wait for who knows how long for an appointment AND sit in a car for hours with someone who has symptoms? Stupid policy during a pandemic

Avmed — horrible, disgusting, unprofessional customer service

I am disgusted by the lack of interest in providing quality customer service by a so called Linda in the...

Avmed — lack of customer service

very bad service takes for ever to get a rep. The rep took fo ever to get my info He could not even...

Avmedunprofessional customer service representative

Date: 10/17/2017

I called 2 times and held for over 10 minutes each time. I spoke with a representative by the name of Carla in the provider services department who would ask what I was calling about and then rudely directed me to the website. Upon trying to navigate through the website Carla hung up on me to talk to another representative. The second time Carla hung up on me she asked me what I needed and put me on a soft hold or in other words muted her phone. I said hello 5 times before Carla hung up on me again. I called back and followed the prompts to a different department to receive help form representative Pam L. Who was wonderful and did all she could to help. I would really like for Carla to be reprimanded for job negligence. I do not appreciate being hung up on when I am trying to help service a patient.

• El
            elfin Oct 04, 2018

terrible customer service, , asked if my plan was being re breed could not tell me. got letter in the mail. they had the info. worthless rep to lazy to look it up.
            Terrible web site

• El
            elfin Apr 13, 2018

terrible customer service. The web site is difficult to log into. It took months to set up log in. one one could help me. has constant issues.
            I called on 4/13/2-18. rep could not understand me. repeated all info several times.
            been with av med 1 1/2 yrs dissatisfied with customer service.

Avmeddr santiago - florida hospital physicians group - tampa

I have been going to this office for years. Have seen two different doctors who have both left. I called to make my annual appointment, which I need in order to get prescription filled. Was told no other doctors left except Dr. Santiago so I made an appointment with her. The appointment was cancelled due to Hurricane Irma (understandable). When I called to reschedule the office staff advised she only had hours a few days over the next two weeks and I would have to wait until October. I asked if they could call in a one-month prescription until I could get in. Absolutely refused. Office manager reiterated refusal and Dr. Santiago refused to speak to me. Left a message with Director of Operations, M. Pulan and received a message back at approximately 6:00pm. Called her back for two days and never heard back. Refusing patients medication due to circumstances beyond my control. This is the WORST experience with a Dr. I have had with AvMED.

Avmedfailure to notify patient of medical test results

A1077888800 On May 9, 2017, I paid $25 because Doctor Marvin Stein of Margate, Florida detected blood in my urine and he wanted me to have my kidneys and bladder examined with an Ultrasound.I contacted Doctor Stein repeatedly and he and his staff failed to notify me of the test results that were done at Cardio Nuclear in Margate, Florida.I repeatedly contacted AvMed and they have failed to help me out in a timely manner(I spoke to a lady named Ana). I notified AvMed the third week of May 2017 of my problem and I have continued to do so several times.I plan to go to a different Medicare health provider starting in January, 2018 and hopefully I will be treated with greater respect. Sincerely, Barry Isaac [protected]@hotmail.com

AvmedGroup policy

Our group has been a loyal client for years with AvMed. For the first time our payment was received late and they canceled our policy. Even after receiving our payment and posting the payment for 2 weeks they refuse to activate our policy until they received a wire transfer! We showed proof of another payment that was sent out and still they refuse to help us. I wrote numerous emails begging for help with explanations that we had a toddler needing medical attention and a member seeking prescribed medication and premium services did nothing. So much for being a loyal client and actually paying on time the other 11 months of the year. Thanks AvMed Premium Services for actually taking any of our emails into consideration.

AvMed Health Plans — Non payment for medical services

I've been with AvMed since November of 2015. They have never paid for any of my visits to my PCP or...

Avmedservices not paid

AvMed is discriminating against my son. He had the HPV vaccine back in February and April, the next one is August and AvMed is declining payment for them because according to them they only pay for girls not boys. These vaccines are preventive medicine and it should be cover under the policy for both boys and girls. Girls do not get std's by themselves!

AvmedRefused to cover prescription

Due to a job change we have AVMED, I went to the pharmacy to renew a prescription and AVMED refused to cover it. They say I need a form filled out by the doctor. I have run out of the medicine and in pain. I called AVMED and asked for help and what I should do. They recomended I go to the ER.

It is insane to not authorize a needed prescription, to contain costs, then recomend the ER which will be thousands of dollars. Likewise my condition is worsening which may infact cost more.

This company does not care about it's clients, I recomend to stay away if you can.

• Ba
                      badgirl Sep 02, 2018

the number phone has too many prompts. always hard to get through.
                      Reps do not listen. Have to repeat many times. very frustrating.
                      I find the reps do not listen to customers