Avis Car Rental / Overcharged!

Memphis, TN, United States Review updated:
1.25

I rented a car from Avis for a 1 way trip to Florida from Louisville International Airport, however I wound up returning the car in Memphis, TN. to take a flight home to Florida. Avis car rentals staff at this Memphis Airport location where not only the rudest people and un trained employees I have ever encountered. The manager over charger my checking account $300 plus dollars. Being a single mom on a short vacation my funds where very limited. By Avis overcharging me, it caused my account to go into the minus. Also, the rude people there took over 2 hours to process my return which in turn caused me to miss my flight. Now no flight for 2 days to Florida I go back to Avis to try and get a car. Not knowing they over charged my account, now my bank card won't work and I am stranded. Not only stranded for two days no flight going out, I was not able to rent a hotel room or even get any money to buy food. Needless to say Avis has not trained their employees on ethics. I am still trying to get my money back from them as well as all the overdraft fees my account has been charged. And in the mean time try and figure out how to put food on the table for my two children and pay for there supplies of life. I have sent many emails and now a hard copy to their corporate office and here hoping for some results. If anyone has any advise I would love to hear it Thank you for this website. I please don't rent from AVIS.

Comments

Da
  5th of Aug, 2008
It happened the same to me in Puerto Rico, the rudest people ever met!!!

The Agengy Operator was WALDY RAMIREZ
and the office was in 1050 ASHFORD AVENUE, CONDADO (PUERTO RICO)

Don't rent AVIS!
Ra
  28th of Nov, 2008
AVIS at Zurich Airport, Switzerland got me two weeks ago by inappropriately charging my VISA account directly in Canadian Dollars, rather than in Swiss Francs. The exchange rate they applied was much more unfavorable than the exchange rate applied by VISA directly. Unfortunately, they had covered their behinds with a fine print clause in the contract that I had overlooked.

If you are unlucky enough to rent from AVIS: Buyer beware!
Mj
  24th of Jul, 2009
Has anyone found out how/who to contact at Avis about problems? I know now not to EVER AGAIn book a car with this company. "Avis Tries Harder" to mess with your head and get more money.

Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group Logo Avis Rent A Car System / Avis Budget Group
Overall Satisfaction Rating