Avis Car Hire, Vienna Airport / rip off due to not oing their jobs

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

Hired Avis car from Vienna Airport. Told to collect car in parking garage and all was fine with the car. Nobody to sign off on car, as the front desk is a long way from the garage. Got to car and found damaged. Assuming that the damage was recorded as per front desk I drove away. Upon returnung the car, I was told I needed to pay for the damage. No protesting would help and I was told I needed to pay for the said damage. After a while I decided to get on with my onward journey and sign the final payment with the said damage costs included.

Therefor all future car rental customers in Vienna, do not trust the Avis staff and refuse to take car without someone checking with you and signing off on the car. I FOR ONE WILL NEVER HIRE FROM AVIS AGAIN.

Ja

Comments

• Ki
      16th of Sep, 2010

im ASSuming you will...LOL

• Hb
      22nd of Sep, 2010

Avis Complain, Avis scam:
    Re: Avis from Frankfurt Airport, car rental scam
    We were scammed for 449.00Euro by Avis car Frankfurt car rental.
    We rented a car from Avis ( Frankfurt Airport, Germany). After checking in they gave us keys and off we went. When we returned the car after 2 weeks. Person from Avis checked the car with a microscope and claim there was a damage. There was a scratch less than 2-inch long on the front bumper of the passenger side. Since no one accompany us to check the car before we took the car, there is no way of knowing if it was already there or occurred later. We were not the 1st customer to drive that car, car already has several thousands KM on it.
    But Avis promptly charged our credit car for 449.00-Euro Even though the credit card we used for the car rental cover car rental insurance. This is a Avis-scam. They have done similar damage-scam-claim many times before. I just wish we knew before we rent car from Avis, never again.
    All car rental should be careful. If there’s no procedure for a walk-through on the rental car you should take pictures carefully before you drive off the parking lot -- to avoid this type of Avis rental car scam.
    H. Braun