Autopage Cellular / Poor service customer care

South Africa Review updated:

My bank account gets incorrectly debited by auto page cellular for an account I don't even have with them. Trying to solve the problem is like finding a needle in a hay stack! One guy working with credit control sipho did not even try to solve the problem. Simply says there's no fault on their system. Another guy tried to help, giving me the number of another person who will be able to assist me. She was as impolite as a don't know what! I have faxed them my bank statement. Marking the reference they put on the payment. Don't know why they put a reference in the first place, as that does not mean anything to them.In the mean time I just pay someone else's cell phone account and auto page is smiling all the way to the bank... Is this acceptable? Are they committing fraud? Please appoint people who have knowledge in attending to customer complaints. If they don't want to do their work, fire them!

Comments

• St
      Nov 09, 2010
    Autopage Cellular - Worst ever (Lack of) service provider
    South Africa

I can quite honestly say that moving over to autopage to get a small benefit attached to my medical aid, was the worst mistake of my life. I have had nothing but bad experiences with their service, customer service, efficiency and and and!!!

Form the very first week of moving from vodacom, it began and just today, months later after several unanswered complaints, when I thought it was finally over, it began again.

They cut my lines, didnt open my account correctly, soft barred me, cut me off when trying to sort things out over the phone, passed me onto umteen departments...

If I could move away from then today, without losing thousands of rands, I would.

I welcome any autopage manager to reply and possibly find another excuse...

• Dj
      Mar 24, 2011

Wait until your phone breaks and you have to take it in... after between 30 and 45 minutes of waiting to speak to an operator, they will tell you it will take 4-6 weeks.. who in their right mind goes without a phone for 4-6 weeks!!! and this is the billionth problem i have had with them. i am definitely moving service providers when this contract expires. absolutely shocking!!!

Jul 01, 2011

This is the second time my cellphone has been soft barred and my bill was not even that high! I think its MY business how many calls i make and not theirs! Especially them cutting off your cellphone losing thousands of rands in business calls that i cant return! The bills are paid up, why has my phone not been re connected?

• Yu
      Jul 12, 2011

Being a customer of Autopage for over 8 years I never expected this shoddy client service.

Last Friday 8th July, a simple task of upgrading my cellphone contract at Autopage Canal Walk, Century City, Cape Town, turned into an absolute customer nightmare.

I went into Autopage to collect my upgrade and a consultant handed me my sealed package with my phone. The consultant ticked that everything was handed over without even opening the package.

No-one mentioned that they the package would need to be opened for the internet to be activated for me as this would be the normal procedure.

When I called to enquire how to activate my cellphone internet I was put through to Tracy, who introduced herself as the Acting Manager, (I later found out that she is actually a senior consultant at the store). Tracy told me to return to the store with my ID and it would be done.

I refused as this was out of my way. Tracy then faxed through a form which reflected an extra charge of R57 that was never mentioned. Tracy was to find out what the R57 was for and contact me later.

Another source told me that the R57 is the unlimited internet monthly access

This young lady has no idea of client service.

When asked about whether she had received client service training her response was; ”I don’t know”, surely you have or have not been for training?

I am not sure where a customer is supposed to ask questions about what the consultant should be offering. Surely Autopage has a set of deals etc that they are to tell the customer when upgrading?

I tried constantly during the day to contact Tracy and finally managed to reach her at 7pm.

Tracy was rude and even giggled when I complained about the service. She also
    Spoke to others in background while attending to my call. I was treated unprofessionally and am livid at the service offered by Autopage Canal Walk.

My conversation with Tracy was on speaker which enabled others in the room, including another Autopage client and a reporter who were shocked and disgusted at how an Autopage consultant was treating a client.

I am still waiting for the manager, Rozina, to call me so that this matter can be solved.

I will never recommend Autopage Canal Walk branch to anyone looking to upgrade or take out a contract.

• Fa
      Aug 03, 2011
    Autopage Cellular - Misleading
    autopage.co.za

Let me start by saying how disgusted, and disappointed I am with autopage cellular.

As you can see on my statement, this whole dilemma started in december 2017.

I received a call from an indian lady, saying what wonderful deal autopage has for me. How she explained to me, which sounded pretty good at the time, was that for an extra r75, on my existing account, I will receive two extra phones, plus a voucher at musica and free minutes. Nothing was mentioned about a separate account, and definitely not anything about any amount close to r161.99 per month. I have never used this phone, and was brought under the impression, that this would be added to my existing account. Please go and check your records to confirm, that none of the apparent free minutes were ever used!!

On 14/04/2017, I received a sms, stating that I need to pay outstanding fees, within 24 hours, into the account of rl daly attorneys, and that this account was pending legal action. The ref no they gave on the sms was 2394300. I immediately phoned autopage, asking them if there is any outstanding balances on my account, or on any other account linked to my name and id number. I spoke to matthews at 13:55, and was told that there were no outstanding debt, and that I should ignore the message.

Then on 29 july 2017 I was contacted by jansen & jansen attorneys again, with regard to the same matter. I contacted autopage again, and gave my details, and was again assured that we do not have any balances outstanding!!

The total due to autopage is no r4967.98. Now I ask you, where to from here? I expect from you to sort this out from your side, as you are the party that misled me and caused this problem.

I insist that you go and listen to your recordings, that you so promptly advise us, are recorded. Or do whatever it is you do in a situation like this, which I think you have many of, and get back to me with an acceptable answer.

Waiting for your speedy response.

• Ga
      Aug 15, 2011
    Autopage Cellular - Poor customer service
    AutoPage Cellular

Not only does AutoPage consultants tell lies to customers they also send faulty stock to a person. Recently I requested some assistance from the helpdesk, after receiving information that I thought was true I made an decision bassed on the information received. d nr 1 the information was incorrect, seems to me they are to quick to make a sale, so they don’t check that the information is correct that they pass on to the customer. 2ndley the phone that I received was clearly damaged and a second-hand phone, the box was opened and the fact then concealed by sticking another sticker on it.

Just when I thought things can’t get any worse, I was told that I could only get a replacement phone dispatched to me when AutoPage received the phone back. On Thursday an hour or 2 after delivery I was promised by another agent that the phone will be picked up on Tuesday. But to my disgust the phone was never picked up. Getting home I get an e-mail from the very same incompetent AutoPage consultant saying the following “HI sir I know the phone nokia 5230 does not come with car kit. I can get management to get the call recording.

Thanks” where just a week before I received the following” HI sir The nokia 5230 does come with car kit. Thanks” all of these discussions happened via e-mail and I would like to see the recordings on that. Here is an e-mai even worse “Hi sir Please can I get the couriers to collect the phone I want to apologies due the broken seal Or damaged box Thanks JUDY ” this person should not even be allowed to give advice at all.

• Te
      Feb 25, 2014
    Autopage Cellular - Bad service
    Johannesburg
    South Africa

I have been a client of Autopage Cellular for probably more than 10 years. I was recently robbed from my cellphone and had to claim for a new phone. First of all it took them almost a week to activate my sim card, just to discover it is not a micro sim which I needed. I had to wait another day for activation. The branch I used (Cresta) was absolutely useless. Another thing, I was insured and paying as a loyal customer for years and never claimed. When I wanted to claim for my phone, they said I only qualify for half of the value of my phone as they never upgraded my insurance when I upgraded my contract/cellphone a couple of months ago. I upgraded my phone through Autopage. Surely they should have known to adjust my insurance? I used to think that Autopage is the best Cellular supplier, but I am not sure any more. I will definitely not recommend them to anybody!!!

• Sh
      Jun 17, 2015
    Autopage Cellular - Accounts
    Durban
    Phone: 0712071420

I would like to lay a complaint against Autopage Cellular. I have cancelled my contract in April 2017, paid up all outstanding amounts, and yet I am still being billed every month. This is the most useless company I have ever come across. I wish to warn all other consumers NOT to choose autopage cellular for any service whatsoever. Prices are reasonable, but its not worth the terrible after sales service, and you end up paying alot more in the long run.

• Bo
      Nov 13, 2018
    Autopage - Autopage / threatening sms about an outstanding bill which does not exist
    Cape Town Cape Town
    autopage.co.za

My daughter received a threatening sms on Monday, November 21, 2016 for an account that does not exist. Reading: Settlement Offer: Dear Client, Nkosi, the current balance on your Autopage Account is: R2186, 10. Save R546, 52, and only pay R1639, 57 to settle. Call MacRobert Attorneys now to Activate. Tel: 0129403403. Ref: SP012585, T&C Apply