Auto Parts Warehouse / Overcharge my bank account

Carson, CA, United States Review updated:
I spoke to their sales rep at Thanksgiving and he assured me $65 discount if I order over the phone but they turned around and charged my card for the full original price. Talking to their customer service is a nightmare. They will just hang up and so far nothing has been done to credit back my account. Consumers, beware. This company will scam you, in hopes that you will not catch them or just give up trying.

Comments

Co
  12th of Dec, 2008
This company appears to be based in Trenton, NJ, and many seem to share the feeling it has been defrauding people for some time.

It scammed my son on a car part, also. My credit card company will give me no assurance it won't stick me in the end, despite the mail-order law that requires delivery within 30 days or an order must be considered canceled and cash refunded within 7 days. The law requires credit card purchases to be credited back in the immediate next billing cycle.

I am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, part of the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General, who has the power to file an injunction to prevent this company from doing further business. I advise everyone here to do the same.

I'm including Barclay credit card service in my complaint, because its representative, Margaret, would pursue this only as a dispute, with no promise the temporary credit will be permanent. I wonder if Barclay suspects this is a sketchy company and hopes to fool me into thinking it has no power to credit the purchase, as the law requires it to do.

Laws are meaningless if we don't hold feet to the fire to enforce them.

Go here to file a complaint: http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm

Auto Parts Warehouse Logo Auto Parts Warehouse