Complaints & Reviews

Bad service

I have placed order with this site. initially everything was good, the live chat csr helped me and once i paid with paypal, the order was generated almost instantly, shipped out next day, shipping delivered in 2 days. however it's what's inside the shipping box that counts right?

these guys forgot to put my both of my pbr discs, and when i had ordered they said everything was in stock. so i called about the pbr discs and at first they told me they have it in stock but once i told them about my missing shipment all of sudden "our system hasn't been updated" "bait and switch: why don't you try our more expensive ones" and finally tired of hearing my csr "we'll just go ahead and give you a refund on your brake discs"

Came back home after work and tried to go to website, website still says in stock, but when i called to order, same loop again.
got transferred to 6 or 7 csr all same story again.

finally bottom line is they wanted me to pay for return shipping on my other items (4 spark plugs and a air filter) because i was so unsatisfied with the csrs, kept on insisting autoparts pay for the return shipping charge, finally got through with a rma number and return call tag (not yet, was just told to wait 24-48 hours to receive them in my email).

hopefully my return will go through asap and hopefully i'll be able to find myself a brake disc somewhere else. however, i am getting fed up with these bait and switch, unaccounted inventory, rude/careless csrs of this company. even though i was highly satisfied of my initial ordering process, my current situation of not having received my ordered item, not having received my partial refund for brake discs, unclear outcome of the rma and return call tag, being transferred/hold to numerous different csrs = all by means not a good company to do business with.

after all, internet business is all about customer satisfaction and reviews right?

Jacob Jan 06, 2009

Ordered several air and oil filters, received only the oil but was charged for all. Contacted APW who said they were out of stock, could not commit to when they would be in ("possibly next week") and asked me if I wanted to reorder. I said no, credit my account---when will that happen? "We are currently processing credits". Waited a day, sent them an email. No response. I have disputed the charge with AMEX who is now taking it up with them. BTW, what prompted the order was a promo discount which, when entered, was not accepted for unspecified reasons. When I asked they said that I didn't order enough---although the accompanying email gave discounts starting at $40 and my order was $85.

Fraud and scam

Let's call it like it is. Car-stuff lies. I believe what they do is 'broker' orders out to suppliers throughout the United States. There's nothing wrong with that except; I ordered a part that cost well over one hundred dollars and received a different brand-name part costing one third what I was charged.

Car-Stuff Personnel were very reluctant to let me speak with a supervisor and when I finally did, supervisors don't have any authority and kept saying 'That's not our policy' and, 'You'll have to wait until..'. I hope to find out who's in charge. Surely there's a legal remedy for this type of thievery. It's wrong to promise “brand-name" and deliver “bottom of the barrel". I'd like to see this business fail. Our economy, in America, is bad because of businesses not being truthful and we consumers need to hold companies accountable. Are you with me?

• Valerie Aug 08, 2008

I should have looked up this company first. I see they have numerous complaints on file. Lesson learned. Here's my story: I ordered a few parts and paid for them. I waited a while then checked on the order and was given tracking numbers etc. The end result was no parts delivered just a big runaround like ' were doing a follow up', your problem is forwarded to the Tracing Dept where a claim will be started' Wait 5 days, lost by DHL, shipped to wrong address, I guess they have a list of things to tell you.

Bottom line is you never get your order or your money back. This is a scam company.

Overcharge my bank account

I spoke to their sales rep at Thanksgiving and he assured me $65 discount if I order over the phone but they turned around and charged my card for the full original price. Talking to their customer service is a nightmare. They will just hang up and so far nothing has been done to credit back my account. Consumers, beware. This company will scam you, in hopes that you will not catch them or just give up trying.

Cosmo Dec 12, 2008

This company appears to be based in Trenton, NJ, and many seem to share the feeling it has been defrauding people for some time.

It scammed my son on a car part, also. My credit card company will give me no assurance it won't stick me in the end, despite the mail-order law that requires delivery within 30 days or an order must be considered canceled and cash refunded within 7 days. The law requires credit card purchases to be credited back in the immediate next billing cycle.

I am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, part of the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General, who has the power to file an injunction to prevent this company from doing further business. I advise everyone here to do the same.

I'm including Barclay credit card service in my complaint, because its representative, Margaret, would pursue this only as a dispute, with no promise the temporary credit will be permanent. I wonder if Barclay suspects this is a sketchy company and hopes to fool me into thinking it has no power to credit the purchase, as the law requires it to do.

Laws are meaningless if we don't hold feet to the fire to enforce them.

Go here to file a complaint: http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm

The truth about AutoPartsWarehouse.com!

I would like to tell you the truth because the entire office is located in the Philippines and the customer...

Terrible customer service!

Auto Parts Warehouse takes inept customer service to a new low. I attempted to place an order for a part for a 2006 vehicle and they were going to send me a part for a 2001-05 model year. I told the person taking the order over six times that there is a different body style for the 2006 model versus the earlier vehicle. The genius merely typed in 2006 tail lens assembly and was going to ship me the wrong part. It should be interesting to see how long it takes to receive a refund. If you are reading this prior to ordering your part from these idiots then do yourself a favor and don't walk... run!

• De
    Dean Lowe Dec 13, 2007

I have long been a online customer and experienced a lot of frauds and scams from sites so I found it hard to trust any sites with my card. Reading the positive reviews of Auto Parts Warehouse, I thought I might give it a try. And I was never wrong with that decision. Good job for APW!

• Valerie Jul 18, 2008

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO GET A NUMBER.

FOR A WEEK NOW.

GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND.

NOT GIVING ME RETURN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER ON A PART I WANT TO RETURN.

THE PART IS NOT WHAT I NEED, IT IS NOT THE CORRECT PART FOR MY CAR.

• To
    Tony Ferrari Sep 03, 2008

This company is totally unorganized. I have been on the phone with 4 different people giving them the SAME INFORMATION about the parts that I wanted to return. I received two wrong parts and have not yet been given a "return authorization number." Why they need a return authorization number is beyond me. Most companies simply send a mailing label through email, no questions asked. This has taken me two weeks, and I have gotten nowhere. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

• By
    Byron Nov 13, 2008

I JUST got off the phone with a customer service representative and it was the WORST experience ever! Ordered the wrong part from the website and now need to refund the merchandise. The part cost 87.22 from the start and they are charging me a 17.44 RESTOCKING fee to place the stupid part BACK on the shelf! Not only that I have to PAY for the shipping MYSELF! What a freaking joke these people are! I'm "generously" credited back 69.78, which will take (according to the RMA) approximately 4 weeks to get back.

Wait...it gets better...All the customer service agent could tell me while I explained to him how stupid and ###ed this all seemed was "Yes...we charge a re-stocking fee". After he said that repetitively like 4 STRAIGHT times I had to hang up on him, because it spounded like a human recording machine! And here's the kicker! I can not send the package back in the original box! LMAO! I have to find a box to send it back in or they will not accept my refund if it comes back in the original box. Some companies do not need to be in business, and if they keep up this practice then it won't be long before they fold.

DO NOT (I implore you) further finance this organization, because although I ordered another *correct* part from them (before returning this part), I haven't placed it on my car yet, and I'm PRAYING" this is the right part for my car. This is my first post ever about customer service and a company that's done me wrong, so I am REALLY upset about these clowns. Buyer beware...

• Tx
    TXRanger2000 Jun 04, 2014

I am restoring a 2000 ford ranger after a pot smoker/junkie used it as his crack den, and I ordered a "custom carpet" which was described as an "Exact Fit" for the truck. Surprise, surprise it doesn't fit and I called Monday and got the return started. I was promised that I wasn't going to be charged a restocking fee and they would also send me a shipping label. As of this morning it still hadn't come in so I am calling them back. After I was unable to communicate to the call center in the Philippines I asked for customer service representatives in the United States and they don't have one! I am on the phone with them right now and they have me waiting for 15 minutes to speak with another manager that I probably won't be able to communicate with. I am calling to get the shipping labels emailed to me and when they sent the return confirmation they showed me as having a restocking fee!.. I don't mind jumping through their hoops of putting the part in another box, but I am not paying $30+ dollars in shipping and another $35 in restocking fee. I am only purchasing parts from the other company I have used 1aauto.com!

DISHONEST, LIES ABOUT STOCK, SHIPMENTS AND DISCOUNTS

AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE IS NOT HONEST.

They lie about stock on their website, update your order so you believe the order is complete and shipping, and then give excuses about why the order is incomplete.

Don't bother with the 800 number, you may think it's better to have someone to talk to, but NOT when it's someone in India with a script, and a very annoying script at that. They'll promise you everything on the phone in the sales department, but none of it matches the customer service rap for AFTER sale support. I even asked about the return policy and had a sales guy telling me they never charge restocking fees, even as I was reading him the site's policy page. This policy page can't be easily found from any links on the site, I found it only by googling the site with some keywords like restocking fee

AUTOPARTSWAREHOUSE HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU COULD EXPECT.

Here's a run down of my order experience:
I ordered 4 items, rotors and pads for both front and rear axles. The rub was with the front pads. everything else arrived but the front pads, despite the website and MULTIPLE phone calls promising the order was completely filled and shipping. During this whole fiasco, the part showed as in stock on their website.

ITEM SHOWN AS IN STOCK DURING THE ORDER

ITEM SHOWN AS SHIPPED 1 DAY LATER

ORDER SHOWN AS COMPLETE

OPENED THE BOX AT THE BRAKE SHOP TO FIND NO FRONT PADS.

WAS LATER TOLD BY THE 1-800 INDIAN THAT ITEM WAS OUT OF STOCK

WHEN ASKED WHY IT SHOWED AS IN STOCK DURING MY ORDER THE 1-800 INDIAN SAID THERE WAS ONE IN STOCK AT TIME OF ORDER BUT IT WAS DAMAGED.

WHEN ASKED WHY I WAS NOT INFORMED OF THIS IN A TIMELY MANNER SO THAT I COULD MAKE ALTERNATE ARRANGEMENTS, THE THE 1-800 INDIAN FLAT OUT LIED AND SAID I HAD BEEN SENT AN EMAIL A DAY EARLIER(THE EMAIL ARRIVED 2 HOURS AFTER OUR CONVERSTATION).

WHEN ASKED WHY IT SHOWED AS IN STOCK DURING OUR PHONE CALL, THE 1-800 INDIAN SAID "I DON'T UNDERSTAND YOU," AND SOMEHOW, WE WERE DISCONNECTED.

TODAY, FIVE DAYS AFTER THEY SHORTED MY SHIPMENT, ITEM STILL SHOWS AS IN STOCK!

APW HAS A LOT TO LEARN ABOUT HONESTY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Cosmo Dec 12, 2008

This company appears to be based in Trenton, NJ. Many seem to share the feeling it has been defrauding people for some time.

It scammed my son on a car part he ordered that never was shipped. I'm ordering elsewhere now, but my credit card company won't give me assurance it won't stick me with Auto Parts Warehouse's charge too in the end. Federal mail-order law requires delivery within 30 days or an order must be considered canceled and cash refunded within 7 days. The law requires credit card purchases to be credited back in the immediate next billing cycle.

I am filing a complaint with the New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs in the Office of the New Jersey Attorney General, who has the power to file an injunction to prevent this company from doing further business. I advise everyone here to do the same.

I'm including Barclay credit card in my complaint, because its representative, Margaret, would pursue this only as a temporary dispute, with no promise credit will be permanent despite records I have in hand showing Auto Parts Warehouse posted the charge Nov. 11 and as of Dec. 11 shows shipping status as "not shipped." I wonder if Barclay knows from other complaints thaht this is a sketchy company and hopes to fool me into thinking it has no power to credit the purchase, even if it's Barclay's loss.

Laws are meaningless if we don't hold feet to the fire to enforce them.

Go here to file a complaint: http://www.nj.gov/oag/ca/ocp/ocpform.htm

Auto Parts Warehouse
    92 Youngs Road
    Trenton NJ 08619
    UNITED STATES
    800 859-0923

• Mi
    Mike Apr 20, 2009

Autopartswarehouse.com sent me the incorrect part for the wrong year vehicle. Now they son't exchange it for the correct part b/c it's past it's 90-day return window. I'll have to ebay the part and they can kiss my rear of ever getting my business again. There are quite a few websites out there that all point back to the same seller. i wonder why they need so many websites...

autopartswarehouse.com - 1-800-859-0923 (I think this is the main site.)
    autopartsauthority.com - 1-800-458-0036
    buyaclutch.com - 1-800-814-8718
    professionalautoparts.com - 1-888-231-5287
    thepartsbin.com

Returns are impossible!

DANGER! WARNING- RETURNS ARE NEXT TO IMPOSSIBLE!!! I too received 2 wrong parts orders, totaling over 600 dollars, and never received an email with my return authorization number. Every time I called I got a person that could barely speak English, and they assured me I would get an email in 2-3 days with my return number- never ever got that email. So I disputed the charges with american express, and then autopartswse managed to find someone to fill in 30 pages of what I did wrong, and why I should be charged for all this stuff thats wrong, and a copy of their 21 day return policy, but could never call or email me with a return number. I have re-opened a dispute with am ex, and am waiting for the results, but I believe they will screw me again. BEWARE OF THIS SITE!!!

No email confirmation, no parts!

I ordered an Audi A4 brake reservoir on May 31st. Shipping was supposed to take 3-4 business days. It is now June 14th and still no part, no email, no phone call. I call today to find out what the hell happened, just to find out that they NEVER had the part, NOR were they going to. HORRIBLE SERVICE on the brink of SCAM. They offered a refund, with a bit of an attitude i didn't want to hear on the phone. 3-4 days for the refund, just hope to god i don't have to call back because they "forgot."

Overall, this company is not professional. Timeliness and customer service is something they DO NOT offer.

• Al
    Alexander MCLaughlin Jun 20, 2007

Still no refund. First they said it would take 3-4 days. I called back and now they're saying it takes 4-7 business days. At the end of the phone call they said it might take 10-12 days... they do not live up to their guarantee whatsoever.

Wrong parts on 4 out of 6 orders!

Autopartwarehouse.com is the parent site for nearly 100 hundred different auto parts sites on internet all...

Horrible customer service and unethical business practices

I ordered nerf bars on 4-16-07. I called on 5-5-07 because they were not delivered. I was told that they...

Wrong product sent, no money refund!

I purchased a radiator for my Chevy pickup from autopartswarehouse.com in November 2006. They sent the wrong...

Quick to take your money, slow to refund it if at all!

I ordered parts then received conformation # all parts ordered were wrong parts they told me i had to cancel my order with shipping company the shipping company said that it is the company's responsibility they told me i had to wait for all of this to take place before they will even consider giving a refund i called the same day i ordered to cancel but they told me tough luck there was nothing they could do when i called they said right parts guaranteed but as you can see if you order a part all you are guaranteed is the wrong part

Chris Brown Dec 09, 2006

Received a Different Part Number: Auto Parts Warehouse sent me twice G1062-148168/CSF the other part number is G1062-148173/CSF is the part number I order twice that from Auto Parts Warehouse. I did read good things about Auto Parts Warehouse web site before I purchase anything from Auto Parts Warehouse. I would like to say it was my first ever online order and it has not been a pleasant one so far! Auto Parts Warehouse charged my credit card 31.44 twice and I should receive a full refund on both the part and shipping it is simple I order part number G1062-148173/CSF and Auto Parts Warehouse shipped G1062-148168/CSF I look forward to hearing from Auto Parts Warehouse!

Chris Brown
    580-212-3949

• Ba
    Barbara Bennett Apr 29, 2007

I ordered an exhaust system from Auto Parts Warehouse 3/9/07. Like the others, they were quick to take the $ and make promises. I have not received the part, which I was told I'd have in 4-7 business days. This company REFUSES to call their customers; I've been told numerous times they don't place outgoing calls. Noone in the company does--not even supervisors. You have to call them every time, wait on hold, only to find the same old story--no information and no way to get it. I would tell everyone I know NEVER TO BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY. I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau and filing a complaint with my credit card company.

• Pi
    pistol pete Jun 06, 2007

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE. Quick to take $. Same, called same day to cancel, b/c I requested overnight and then after billing me said they couldn't do overnight. Need parts asap, couldn't wait 5-7 business days. Tried to cancel immediately, but they messed that up. Called back later same day to talk to a manager. That was refused. Told me packages had shipped and I would have to refuse them, in order to not pay return shipping. All this time I am unable for refund.

• Ce
    Celeste Hawthorne Jan 11, 2008

I don't know with you guys but my shopping experience with APW is the best I have experienced so far. Most of my friends are using APW for their hard-to-find parts and they do not have any experience such as you guys..

• Je
    Jess Gardiner Feb 08, 2008

I'm very sorry to say but I have to disagree with you guys (the first few ones.) Just recently, I purchased brake pads from their site. everything well and smooth. Perhaps they might have improved on their supply chain or purchasing system?

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices