Audi / audi care contract

1 United States

I purchased my Audi A4 in February/March of 2014. My vehicle was actually a 2013 model that had been used by the dealership as a service vehicle since its in-service date at the beginning of 2013.
The salesman handling my transaction suggested I purchase an Audi Care contract under which I would prepay for regular services up to and including the 45, 000 mile service. I proceeded to do so. According to the paperwork I was given, the contract would expire at 5 years or 45, 000 miles, whichever came sooner. At the end of 2018 I presented my vehicle for its 45, 000 mile service expecting it to be covered under my contract.
I was told that the contract had expired and was charged $150. The service manager did point out that the agreement had been dated for the in service date of the vehicle and not for the date on which I purchased it. None of the paperwork I signed under the agreement indicated this and I appealed my case to Audi Customer Service. Some weeks went by and my appeal was refused.
Apparently, it indicates this on the Audi Care website but who consults a website when being sold an Audi Care contract? I am publishing this to alert other customers that might be tempted to buy an Audi Care contract on a used vehicle to beware.

Gr