AT&T / wireless

1 Oviedo, FL, United States

My name is Romayra E. Warner. My wireless number is [protected]. Two weeks ago I received a text message from at&t stating my bill is now do. I opened the text and to my surprise the bill was $1800+. I immediately contacted at&t and was cold transfer from one person to another approximately 6 to 7 times. Finally I was told that the damaged device I sent back in July was never received. Then I was told to contact the insurance company and spoke to several people there. Long story short, I started chatting with At&T reps. The first lady tell me (I will attach all the chats) everything will be taken care of on October 1st. October 1st came and left, I'm on chat with another rep, she tells me corporate is looking into it and it takes about 1-3 weeks, but my line will not be interrupted and she will leave notes etc. Today my line is interrupted. I spoke to 2 eps and a supervisor (via chat). The 2nd rep and the supervisor both told me that they do have my damaged device. The supervisor then tell me that they have the device but I hasn't uploaded to my account and he cannot override it etc.

I am beyond disappointed with at&t. He was unprofessional and chastising me repeating himself like I was a kid. I have been with AT&T since they were cingular and his behavior is not acceptable.

I am 47 years old and I have never written a complaint to or about anyone. I will send copies of the chat to the corporate office because AT&T is not cheap and is not free for them to treat their customers so badly.

AT&T: Hi, I'm AT&T's automated virtual assistant. How can I help you today?
Me: can I chat with a live person
AT&T:
Let me get you to a specialist. Please tell us your first name.
Me: Romayra
AT&T:
We are now transferring you to a live agent.
AT&T: We are currently experiencing very high chat volumes which may cause long delays. An agent will be with you as soon as possible.
Agent Sharon D enters chat
Sharon D: Hi! My name is Sharon D. How can I help?
Sharon D: Hi Romayra!
Sharon D: How are you?
Me: Good morning
Sharon D: Good Morning to you too!
Me: I am ok, how are you?
Sharon D: Glad to hear about you!
Sharon D: I am good to thanks for asking.
Me: I have a mjor concern
Sharon D: Sure! Please go ahead.
Me: I called last week about my bill, I was literally cold transferred to like 8-10 different people, not even exaggerating
Me: I returned a damaged phone that they are now claiming has not been received, this was back in July
Sharon D: Ohh! I am really sorry for that.
Me: I have a bill for almost $1400
Sharon D: So may I know were you got charged for non returned device charge?
Me: yes, but I did return the phone
Sharon D: I can understand that.
Me: The first phone they sent me was damaged, I sent it back and they send me the phone I have now.
Sharon D: may I know the line number please?
Me: [protected]
Sharon D: Thank you.
Sharon D: As you have returned the device may I know the tracking number please?
Me: There was no tracking number, they sent me a box and a label and that's how it was sent back
Sharon D: Thank you.
Sharon D: May I know when did you returned it.
Me: I do not remember the exact date, but it was after July 4th
Me: maybe around the 10th-16th
Sharon D: Thanks for the info!
Sharon D: Please allow me some time so that I can check further information.
Me: Please take your time
Sharon D: Thank you.
Me: are you still there?
Sharon D: Yes I am here.
Me: ok
Sharon D: Actually my supervisor is still investigating.
Sharon D: Thank you.
Me: no problem, thank you
Sharon D: You're welcome.
Sharon D: Thank you for waiting.
Sharon D: I am really sorry to keep you waiting.
Sharon D: My supervisor just found an information.
Sharon D: We found that a case was generated for the same.
Sharon D: Just checking to see if you are there so we can continue.
Sharon D: Please let me know if you're receiving my responses.
Me: im here
Sharon D: Thank you.
Sharon D: And the expected resolution date is Afternoon (EST) of October 1, 2018
Me: resolution?
Sharon D: On this date it it will be resolved for you.
Me: really?
Me: so they found the phone?
Sharon D: Yes it is, .
Sharon D: Yes it is.
Me: OMGGGGGGGGGGGG, you are the best representative at AT&T. Because of you I will keep my account :)
Sharon D: Thank you.
Sharon D: Thank you for your blessings!
Me: Thank you so much. Have a blessed day and weekend. Hope they give you a raise
Sharon D: I must admit that you were one of the most polite customers I have dealt today.
Sharon D: What else I can do further to get a smile on your face?
Sharon D: Just checking to see if you are there so we can continue.
Sharon D: Please let me know if you're receiving my responses.
Me: awww Thank you
Sharon D: You're welcome.
Me: I appreciate you going above and beyond to help me
Sharon D: Thanks you for giving me an opportunity to assist you.
Me: no one even got bak to me last week
Sharon D: May your worries be less and happiness is more
Sharon D: Happy to help! Thank you for choosing AT&T. We appreciate your business.
Me: :)
Sharon D: To end the chat please click on 'x' on top of chat window.
Sharon D: Bye!
Me: Bye

AT&T: Hi, I'm AT&T's automated virtual assistant. How can I help you today?
Good Morning!
Me: I was on chat with rep on Friday and they told me my bill will be fixed today and it hasn't been fixe
AT&T:
Hmmm. Could you rephrase your question? Virtual Assistants understand simple questions best.
Me: can I chat with a rep please
AT&T:
Please choose one of the topics to chat about below:
• Billing, Usage, Plans, and Features
• Shopping
• Order Status
Me: Billing, Usage, Plans, and Features
AT&T:
Please tell us your first name.
Me: Romayra
AT&T:
Thank you. Please wait as you are assigned to the next available specialist for account support.
We are now transferring you to a live agent.
AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.
AT&T: Our agents are currently assisting other customers. Your approximate wait time is 0 minutes. Please wait and the next available agent will assist you.
Agent Katrine enters chat
Katrine: Hi! My name is Katrine. I'm happy to help! Please give me a moment to review your request.
Katrine: Hi Romayra.
Katrine: I can see here that your concern is about your bill.
Katrine: Can you tell me more about t please?
Me: yes, I got a text almost 2 weeks ago from AT&T stating my bill is due, long story short they said they never received the last device which I sent back. I was on chat Friday with a rep and she told me today my bill will be fixed and as you can see it has not been. I saved the entire chat just in case something like this happened
Katrine: I see, I am now reviewing the case that has been submitted last 09/21
Katrine: And upon double checking on it, it still need to be reviewed by our back office. But your case passed the 1st and 2nd level of approval.
Katrine: Once back office already reviewed it, your billing concern will be resolve.
Me: Do you know how long that will take?
Katrine: Normally case reviews takes 1-3weeks depends on the amount that needs to be investigated. As I have checked your bill, it is really a huge amount that needs to be investigated, but one thing is for sure this case already passed the 1st and 2nd approval. So we are only waiting for the back office to make some action on it.
Katrine: Did the representative got the best contact number or email to notify you for the progress of the case?
Me: yes, but she gave me different information than you did, she told me her manager looked into it and it would be resolved today. I do understand why they hv to review it, but I do not want my phone interrupted because of this.
Katrine: I can certainly get your point, don't worry because a case has been created about this concern. Once our collection department saw the case they will consider the situation not yet resolve.
Katrine: And they will not make any actions about it.
Me: Ok great.
Katrine: I will make sure to leave a notes on your account so that the next agent that will open your account will be able to see that there is an on going case.
Me: Also, I see that there are charges on my bill, idk what they are for, but I asked back in Aug for none of my lines to be able to incur any additional charges and I was told they will all be blocked, so how is this still happening
Katrine: I will double check it for you.
Me: Thank you Katrine
Katrine: You're welcome.
Katrine: May I know what are the charges that we are talking about right now?
Me: One said $41+ the other was $21+
Katrine: Is that for the current billing?
Me: I want everything blocked, my bill is already in the $400's and I really just do not know why
Me: yes
Katrine: Thank you.
Katrine: I am seeing $24.92 for the line ending in 0965 and $18.69 for the line ending in 9649 so I will be refunding this to you and will put a purchase blocker so that you will not incur any charges moving forward.
Me: Thank you so much
Katrine: You're welcome.
Katrine: Please give me a moment and I will process it now.
Me: you're the best
Katrine: It's my pleasure to help you. Please bear with me. I will let you know once done Romayra :)
Katrine: I will Stop the subscription immediately and refund the charge.
Me: any other way I can save some money. The 9649 billing has been transferred, and the 0967 they told me to wait until December to close out that line, no one is using it
Katrine: I'm done applying the refund.
Katrine: About your other concern if these lines are not in used anymore you can get in touch with our loyalty team to further help you about this.
Katrine: They are the best department that can help you in lowering your monthly bill.
Katrine: If you want can connect you to them.
Me: what is their number
Me: sure thank you
Katrine: No problem.
Katrine: Please stay on the line and I will connect you shortly.
Katrine: I will transfer you now. Thank you for choosing AT&T! We appreciate your business.
Me: Thank you so much
Katrine: Please give me a moment as I am waiting for the available agents, if there is no agents available you may call them @ [protected] or simply dial *611 form your mobile,
Me: sounds good, I will wait
Katrine: Thank you.
Katrine has left the chat You are being transferred, please hold...
AT&T: Your approximate wait time is 8 minutes.
AT&T: Hi, I'm AT&T's automated virtual assistant. How can I help you today? Me: chat with rep AT&T: Let me get you to a specialist. Please tell us your first name. Me: Romayra AT&T: Thank you. Please wait as you are assigned to the next available specialist who will assist you.
We are now transferring you to a live agent. AT&T: We are currently experiencing very high chat volumes which may cause long delays. An agent will be with you as
AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait. Me: ok AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait. AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait.
Agent Andres enters chat Andres: Hi! My name is Andres. How can I help? Me: hello Andres: Hello Romayra !
Me: I'm going to tell you upfront, PLEASE forgive me if I come across rude, trust me it has nothing to do with you Andres: I will carefully read all your information Me: My line has been suspended. I have been on chat with 2 reps and was assured that until the back end fixes the issue
Me: I also have a copy of the chats
Andres: Got you Romayra the idea is to get the root cause of this situation and my purpose on this chat is to give to you
Andres: Just to make sure we are on the same page Me: Thank you Andres: were you told the services would not be interrupted over the chat correct?
Me: yes
Andres: Got it! Andres: Thanks for confirming
Me: Katrine was her name Andres: Thanks for the info!
Andres: Let's review the information real quick, May you please let me know the cellphone number attached to your account?
Me: she told me they are waiting on the back office to review everything and it will take about 3 weeks and that she will leave
Me: [protected]
Andres: Got it, very appreciate for all the details you are letting me know Andres: Please allow me just a moment while I pull up the information on my system real quick Me: Katrine: Normally case reviews takes 1-3weeks depends on the amount that needs to be investigated. As I have checked the 1st and 2nd approval. So we are only waiting for the back office to make some action on it.
Katrine: Did the representative information than you did, she told me her manager looked into it and it would be resolved today. I do understand why they because a case has been created about this concern. Once our collection department saw the case they will consider the Andres: I am reading the conversation as well
Me: sorry go ahead and do what you have to do Andres: No problem. Andres: Thank you. Andres: Thanks for your time and patience Romayra, I was able to confirm the details regarded to the case which was $900 for a non return fee correct? Me: Yes except I returned that phone the very next day after I got the current phone. Why would I keep a damaged phone?
Andres: That is absolutely understandable
Andres: By any chance, do you have the ID for that chat?
Me: no just the 2 reps names
Andres: No problem, thanks for letting me know it
Me: did she not leave any notes Andres: I am verifying every single note in the previous interactions as well
Andres: Thanks for your patience, Romayra, I was able to confirm some important information, I found the note for the for this, I need to verify that the device was returned and received for AT&T, that way we may verify why you have not received Andres: By any chance do you have the order number for the insurance claim that you submitted?
Me: please hold Andres: No problem.
Andres: Take your time
Me: Order Number: 0RLM-OY-[protected] Andres: Very useful to me Andres: I am verifying now this real quick
Me: I am not sure if this is the one, the first phone they sent me wasn't working and they sent me a 2nd phone, both were
Andres: Oh got it I am taking that into account Me: ok Andres: Thank you for waiting.
Andres: Romayra, I was able to confirm the information and the details regarded to the case and also for the return device, let you know that I should involve one of my partners from the advance technical team with the power to check the status if I get unresponsive in the chat, the session will still be active, the next available agents will be with you. In case you lose contact us, and you will not have to repeat yourself.
Andres has left the chat You are being transferred, please hold...
AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait. Andres has left the chat You are being transferred, please hold... AT&T: Thank you for your patience. Please continue to wait. Agent Sam enters chat
Sam: Hi! My name is Sam. I'm happy to help! Please give me a moment to review your request.
Me: ok Sam: Thank you.
Sam: Thank you for your patience. Please give me another moment to look into this further.
Me: please take your time
Sam: Thank you. Sam: Romayra, checking the previous interactions, please stay connected.
Me: ok Sam: Thank you.
Sam: Thank you for waiting. Sam: Romayra, as I can check, your account was charged for a non returned device for a warranty claim and as per status of the returned device is showing that the deice was delivered however the same is still not updated on the account. beckend team and the case is still not completed yet.
Sam: Form my end the best I can do for you is involve my supervisor in this case and get the case escalated again on
Me: if the device has been received, why cant they just update my account and restore my line!!! This has been 2 weks
Me: *weeks
Me: I am at the point that I want to speak to your managers managers managers! I need someone to resolve this asap
Sam: I do understand that, however the warranty team will be investigating on this and this takes some time. I am going
Sam: Sure, let me check with my supervisor.
Sam: Checking with my supervisor, please stay connected.
Me: Thank you Sam: You're welcome.
Sam: Thank you for waiting.
Sam: I'm going to transfer this chat to my supervisor. Please stay connected as it might take few minutes.
Me: again, Thank you Sam has left the chat You are being transferred, please hold... Agent kk042f-E enters chat
kk042f-E: Hi my name is Gillian kk042f-E: I am here to help kk042f-E: Let me quickly review your chat kk042f-E: Please bear with me
Me: Hello, I truly hope so
Me: Hello, I truly hope so
kk042f-E: Sure. kk042f-E: Thank you for waiting. kk042f-E: I am reviewing the case. kk042f-E: Could you please provide the wireless number once more? Me: [protected]
kk042f-E: Thank you. kk042f-E: Okay. So as I have checked, the device has been received at our end and as it was informed, a case has you.
kk042f-E: I have reviewed the complete details and it will be taken care of.
Me: but my line is suspended
kk042f-E: Yes. That is correct!
kk042f-E: So once the case is closed and our records are updated that the device is received by AT&T that charge will
Me: So you as the supervisor are telling me that I have to wait until the case is closed and the records are updated for
kk042f-E: That is correct kk042f-E: The process will remain the same kk042f-E: Unfortunately there is no way that we can override the process
Me: I am beyond sorry, but that is NOT acceptable!!! I need my line restored and you guys do whatever you need to do
Me: It is not my fault that someone on their end isn't doing their job kk042f-E: In order for your line to be restored you would have to make a payment for the outstanding amount, without
kk042f-E: I understand that it is not your fault
Me: You guys sent me the box and label, I returned the phone and 3 months later I am going through this and all you can
kk042f-E: I apologize for the inconvenience caused
Me: no, you guys should credit me for everything. I have been dealing with this nonsense for 2 weeks!!! I want to speak
Me: Sorry doesn't cut it, I want results ASAP!!! Me: That is not how you treat your customers
kk042f-E: Romayra, I understand what you are going through, my sincere apologizies Me: There are too many other phone companies I can give my business to and AT&T has been very unprofessional with
kk042f-E: Apologies
Me: STOP APOLOGIZING!!! Me: I WANT RESULTS
Me: SEND ME THE NUMBER OF WHO I CAN ESCALATE THIS TO. ALL OF THE AGENTS HAVE LIED!!! EVERY
kk042f-E: At this point in time we can only restore the services once the outstanding amount is paid off
Me: AT&T WILL NEVER RECEIVE ANOTHER PENNY FROM ME
Me: YOU CAN CLOSE THE CHAT AND HAVE YOURSELF A NICE DAY, BUT PLEASE UNDERSTAND YOU WILL HERE
kk042f-E: I told you what can be done, there is no way that we can restore the services without a payment on the account
Me: Please understand that I have a copy of all my chats and I will send it to corporate
kk042f-E: I have informed you what we can do, if there was a scope to override I would have done it for you
Me: You being the supervisor has been the worse, you have to figure it out because the mistake came from your companies AT&T NEEDS TO EAT THAT BALANCE FOR PUTTING ME THROUGH ALL THIS UNNCESSARY NONSENSE!!!
Me: Please provide me with corporates number
kk042f-E: [protected]
Me: Thank you Me: Have a great day
kk042f-E: Thank you for choosing AT&T! We appreciate your business.
Me: Really????????
kk042f-E: We appreciate your business, there is a situation at this point in time however it is not intentinal
Me: So extremely disappointed in this company, after 15+ years kk042f-E: If something was possible I would have definitely done it
kk042f-E: I would request you to wait and post that everything will be taken care of
Me: I HAVE TO WAIT YET YOU WANT MY MONEY?
Me: I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THE BALANCE IS BECAUSE I DO NOT KNOW WHAT THE CREDIT IS. PUSH THE BILL OUT UNTIL THIS IS TAKEN CARE OF. AS A SUPERVISOR YOU SHOULD HAVE SOLUTIONS FOR ME OTHER THAN JUST SAYING SORRY
kk042f-E: I wish I would have been able to do so kk042f-E: However I would have to say the same thing that you would have to wait
Me: I can honestly say Thank you for nothing