AT&T U - Verse / unknown credit

1 New Haven, CT, United States

I applied for AT-T U-verse service twice in a 2 month period. Despite a good-very good credit rating from all 3 credit bureau's, having a mortgage, credit cards, and a cell phone through AT&T for years, I was denied on the grounds of my credit worthiness.

The website then gave me an 800 number to call, and after calling and waiting on hold for over 20 minutes, was told that my credit came back "unknown" and that I would receive a letter, and then would have to follow-up with the credit bureau. (For the record, I pulled all 3 credit bureau reports on me, and not one came back with anything other than my good-very good credit rating)

Now, I was already annoyed at this point, so when I didn't receive the previously mentioned letter from either application (after several months), I called back and was told that a manager would call me back. Yeah, right. Never heard back, and am unable to get anyone remotely helpful on the phone.

Next step was to file a complaint with the BBB, which I did. The company did respond to the complaint, but obviously didn't read it, as their response was basically what I was told on the phone. (that I'd need to follow-up with the credit bureau after I received the non-existent letter).

I'm canceling my cell service with them ASAP, and sticking with Satellite TV... Absolutely useless company.

Ag