AT&T / sale of wireless package that was proven misleading

1 United States

On may 22nd I have arrived to the us from israel.
As I was planning to travel and meet with friends, I needed a cellular package that eill be reliable and have both talks and data coverage in all the states I was planning to visit.
On the 23rd of may 2018, I entered an at&t store in ocean city, md and explained my connectivity needs. The representative in the store offered me a sim card and a package that cost 50$ but' if I enroll using a credit card, it will cost me only 40$.
I emphasized my need for full and uninterrupted coverage, as I use my iphone also for navigational purposes, and listed all the states I am planning to visit and where I need good cellular coverage.
Before agreeing to purchase the at&t package (sim card and monthly service) I was assured that all there is a full and complete service and cellular coverage in all the states I named specifically (including maine, georgia, ohio, maryland, pennsylvania, florida and virginia, new york, the carolina's - and all the states en-route...)
I was terrified when, in the middle of my driving on the highway in maine I had no service and my navigation app. On my phone was no longer updated. I continued driving for about an hour hoping that the service will be resumed. When it did not, I exited to the nearest exit trying to find an at&t store q representative to help me solve the problem.
However, as this region of maine does not have an at&t service, there are no at&t stores or representatives, and since I have no cellular coverage, I could not call at&t representative for help.
I entered a walmart store and found out that in that at&t has no service in that region.
I had to purchase a pre-paid phone - the least expensive one that was available ($40) no. [protected], and to purchase a cellular coverage ($30), both by by verizon who covers the state of main in its entirety.
Upon returning home, I tried to contact at&t online, and to launch a formal complaint. Originally I was planning to ask for a full reimbursement of the package I purchased from at&t (some $40 plus taxes.
However, when I tried to write to at&t I discovered that chatting with a representative is the option most available. So I did. One agent transferred me to another... And to a third and fourth one and... At the end they "hung-up on me without saying a word and leaving me in mid-air (after spending some 1.5 hours explaining to the various agents the nature of my complaint.
My second attempt was a shorter one (some 40 minutes) and only two agents and at the end I was directed to a link for arbitration.
In the light of that attitude, I have changed my mind and I ask now for a full refund for the expense incurred to me by their false representation of their service and coverage. The $40 for the verizon phone I was forced to purchase and the $30 for the verizon coverage I needed to purchase.

I thank you very much in advance

Sincerely