AT&T / sale of wireless package that was proven misleading

On may 22nd I have arrived to the us from israel.
As I was planning to travel and meet with friends, I needed a cellular package that eill be reliable and have both talks and data coverage in all the states I was planning to visit.
On the 23rd of may 2018, I entered an at&t store in ocean city, md and explained my connectivity needs. The representative in the store offered me a sim card and a package that cost 50$ but' if I enroll using a credit card, it will cost me only 40$.
I emphasized my need for full and uninterrupted coverage, as I use my iphone also for navigational purposes, and listed all the states I am planning to visit and where I need good cellular coverage.
Before agreeing to purchase the at&t package (sim card and monthly service) I was assured that all there is a full and complete service and cellular coverage in all the states I named specifically (including maine, georgia, ohio, maryland, pennsylvania, florida and virginia, new york, the carolina's - and all the states en-route...)
I was terrified when, in the middle of my driving on the highway in maine I had no service and my navigation app. On my phone was no longer updated. I continued driving for about an hour hoping that the service will be resumed. When it did not, I exited to the nearest exit trying to find an at&t store q representative to help me solve the problem.
However, as this region of maine does not have an at&t service, there are no at&t stores or representatives, and since I have no cellular coverage, I could not call at&t representative for help.
I entered a walmart store and found out that in that at&t has no service in that region.
I had to purchase a pre-paid phone - the least expensive one that was available ($40) no. [protected], and to purchase a cellular coverage ($30), both by by verizon who covers the state of main in its entirety.
Upon returning home, I tried to contact at&t online, and to launch a formal complaint. Originally I was planning to ask for a full reimbursement of the package I purchased from at&t (some $40 plus taxes.
However, when I tried to write to at&t I discovered that chatting with a representative is the option most available. So I did. One agent transferred me to another... And to a third and fourth one and... At the end they "hung-up on me without saying a word and leaving me in mid-air (after spending some 1.5 hours explaining to the various agents the nature of my complaint.
My second attempt was a shorter one (some 40 minutes) and only two agents and at the end I was directed to a link for arbitration.
In the light of that attitude, I have changed my mind and I ask now for a full refund for the expense incurred to me by their false representation of their service and coverage. The $40 for the verizon phone I was forced to purchase and the $30 for the verizon coverage I needed to purchase.

I thank you very much in advance

Sincerely

Dr. Joseph liran

Ofek1986@yahoo.com

Dr
Jul 3, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      3rd of Jul, 2018

should of gone with Verizon in the first place
    at&t are the worst
    as you noticed all you get is time wasted and no help at all
    they will lie and tell you anything to get you to pay them
    maybe need to stop in the next at&t store and try to get help with refund