AT&T / u-verse installation

1 Novi, MI, United States Review updated:

Earlier Feb 09, I ordered U-verse to be installed. Got a installation date of Feb 28. About 2 weeks wait time. Fine, so I waited. The scheduled installation time was between 12 and 2 pm. I received both a card and email to remind me of the installation.
On exactly 1:59pm that day, I got a call saying the tech is behind schedule and has no idea when he will make it today. I was not too happy, of course, because one has to wait around hours and hours for a technician. And people have plans. You screw up one plan, you screw up the whole day. So I asked for re-schedule.

Guess what, another 2 weeks. The installation time, 12 to 2 pm., same.

I waited again, like a dumb puppet. I made all the efforts to move my schedules around and waited, waited... until 2:30, I lost my patience and called customer service. Surprisingly (or NOT), I was told the order was canceled. At first the customer rep had no idea what happened but after I pushed further, and after numerous transfer, hold, hold, 40 mins went by, and it turned out that the order was NEVER officially assigned to the dispatcher, due to some "technical" errors. The order was "cancelled" after 14 days.

I was getting at least 2 automatically placed calls before that installation date, to remind me of this installation. And right in the morning of the installation, beautifully, the order was nuked. And the beauty of it, is that no one is at fault!!!??? because it is all system's problem!

The bottom is that my time is simply worth zero dollars because I lie on the couch watching TV everyday anyway. Well. NO. my billing rate is $ 200 per hour. We had a deal, to make a sale which requires that I commit to a schedule, sit and wait, and the other party show up to perform the service. By screwing up like this, it is an epic failure of business trust, integrity, and simply disgraceful.

This will be almost 2 months, for U-verse to be installed.
Shame, I mean, concentrated shame, mixed with lead and mercury. Sometimes I really don't get this, do they still want customers or not? Because seems to me, no one gives a [censored] any.

They put me down for another week. Maybe I need to get my fingers crossed for someone from AT&T to really make his appointment. It's like, playing lottery. You need very very very good luck to win, to get installed.

Comments

• Di
      5th of Nov, 2009

AT&T CHARGED ME TWICE FOR THE SAME REASON IN 2 DIFFERENT CARDS... ITS BEEN A WEEK IVE BEEN CALLING THEM TRYING TO GET A REFUND... THIS LADY NAMED WILLIAMS AND THAT CLAIMED TO BE A SUPERVISOR TOLD ME SHE HAD TO INVESTIGATE THE CASE CAUSE MY MONEY WAS USED TO PAY A BILL IN NORTH CAROLINA... P.S I LIVE IN GEORGIA... NEVER BEEN THERE... ANYWAY SHE SAID SHE WOULD CALLED BACK THE DAY AFTER I SPOKE WITH HER... ITS BEEN 1 WEEK... SHE DOESNT CALL NOR ANSWER THE PHONE... I CALLED CUSTOMER CARE MANY TIMES THEY KEEP PUTTING ME ON HOLD AND TRANSFERRING TO DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS... EVERY TIME I CALL I SPEAK WITH 5 DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS AND NOONE CAN HELP WHAT SEEMS TO BE SUCH AN EASY PROBLEM TO SOLVE... LAST TIME I CALLED THIS GUY TOLD ME HE COULDN'T FIND MY ACCOUNT NUMBER ANYMORE... I WENT TO THE CORPORATION BUILDING IN DOWNTOWN ATLANTA AND ALL OF THOSE 40 FLOORS NOBODY COULD COME DOWN TO SPEAK WITH ME... ITS THE WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER... IF U PUT A DEER TO WORK THERE THEY WOULD DO A BETTER JOB...