AT&T / false advertising bait and switch

1 Louisville, KY, United States Review updated:

I went online to purchase new phone and since my account is no longer under contract and month to month i only wanted to get a phone that i could get without signing a new 2 year contract. I had 3 phones listed as refurbished that i could get at no cost except for a $18 fee. so i picked one of these phones (samsung). 2 days later i received an email telling me about my new 2 year contract. i called to tell them i purchased a phone that didnt have a 2-year agreement and they said sorry we cant help you. just send the phone back and we will put account back the way it was. I want them to keep there deal. there were alot of phones i could buy or get for free that were listed as not requiring a new 2-year agreement and this was one of them. it didnt say anywhere that this carried a new 2 year agreement. and i was never notified of this until 2 days later by email. I tried to compromise with them even though they are the ones at fault but angela L the excalation supervisor and her supervisor rebecca S said they couldnt do anything as they dont have a way to see what the prices were or any of the information except what is in the computer now. no access to theit own system called (premier accounts. they both told me "no one can get a phone without a 2 year contract being added" so we went online together and there were all kinds of phones i could still get that didnt require a 2 year agreement even though my account now says i have a new 2 year agreeement. on thursday the 26th when i purchased the phone the prices were lower as they were having a sale and i was a month to month customer in good standing for over 4 years so i had special pricing and even free phones. the compromise i suggested was instead of a 2 year agreement give me a 14 month agreement which would make both my phones end at the same month. they said they are unable to make anychanges to any acounts or contracts and that all i could do is return the phone.

Comments

• Cg
      15th of Nov, 2010
    AT&T - Over - billing
    Texas

Due to extremely lousy service...cable consistently going out...I kicked these a-holes to curb in July..however they continued to bill me...I did pay my final bill & returned their equipment...in their box...whence they attempted to bill me an additional $15 for...I am not going to pay this...it's their equipment and I could have sent it back in my own box...I did NOT ask for their box...so anyway they are trying to collect from me services for the month of July when I was not being serviced by them..and have the documentation to prove it...AT&T turned me over to Bay ?? collections more ###s...I would not advise anyone to do bundling with AT&T..their telephone service is the only utility worth a damn...skip the internet & satelittle...it's worthless..