AT&T / inadequate wireless billing resolution (ticket# cm [protected]-[protected])

1 Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I noticed in late June my July 2018 wireless billing statement an unusual increase in charges (doubled amount) and made an inquiry to AT&T customer support. I was informed by the AT&T representative that it appears the charges were from an overseas call through a third party application on my wireless phone. I acknowledged that I do have the third party application (What's App) on my phone and have used it to place IP based calls to a family member overseas on several occasions and provided the dates and times to the representative. Following a 12+ month history review of my cell calls, the representative was able to confirm I had placed calls of like nature before overseas and had not had the charges appear as a standard international call using the AT&T service since the calls were via my ISP. A customer incident ticket was generated (CM [protected]-[protected]) to review and resolve the charge which was made in error since I was using my ISP's service to make the call.

July's bill was paid minus the (errant amount) as I awaited resolution to overcharge issue. I placed a call in Late July with no resolution and again on August 4th where I was hung up on by an overseas ATT&T representative. I immediately began a chat session (attached) with Yury where I was assured this would be resolved and in good faith scheduled a payment 16 days out in order to cancel when the issue was resolved and schedule a normal payment. Following up August 11th on the status a week later, I called and was again disconnected and again established a chat session (attached) with AT&T representative Mary (overseas rep). I could not hear Mary at first because of the loud conversations and sports gaming (Like bets being placed) noise in her background. Eventually we were able to speak and I was informed first it was approved then it was declined and Mary excused herself and transferred me to her supervisor Aubrey which had the same loud background noise. Aubrey reviewed the history and noted that the request needed a higher level of approval and asked for a number to call me directly. I gave her my LAN line number but she was unable to get through so I gave her my AT&T cell number (redacted/deleted from text) and she responded that she could still not get through which was baffling. AT&T can't reach their provided AT&T number through their AT&T service? Aubrey then push the conversation over to the general customer service number which I called earlier and disconnected the chat.

On August 15th I called and spoke with AT&T representative Carlos and there was no change in the status and as an AT&T loyalty reward, credited my account $50.00 with the anticipation the matter would be resolved in the coming week which was appreciated. On August 20th with no response in two months and total loss in confidence in AT&T's commitment to resolve this matter without further damage to my credit rating, I transferred my service to another service provider while awaiting some resolution to my dispute. Today after viewing an email from AT&T requesting payment, I called and spoke with AT&T representative Mick and was informed the request was rejected and the only explanation cited was for invalid data. I asked on what basis was the data invalid and what was needed to make it a valid submission. Also, why was I not informed on the 11th this was rejected? AT&T rep Mick responded that the entry was made to inform me but the individual making the entry did not include any of my contact numbers.

Rep Mick was unable to clarify further to the other questions but also noted an additional prorated charge for additional monies after I had discontinued service prior to the new billing cycle. Mick mentioned that the billing cycle was from the 5th of the current month into the 4th of the next month at which I could not understand why I had previously been charged with a late payment fee at the beginning of last year when the payment due for the billing cycle had changed. Being more disgusted with the entire situation, I thanked Mick for his assistance and verified this was the final bill I would receive from AT&T and hung up.

After nearly 18 years with AT&T I find this incident very disturbing and in my opinion unethical in practice. I would like these erroneous charges removed to include the late charge and the report updated to the three credit reporting agencies removing any negative reports from AT&T.
Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lee Sias

Le
Sep 16, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      16th of Sep, 2018

at&t can careless they are just paid seat warmers
    you only get scripted replies from them and nothing else
    would goto a better provider