AT&T / high speed internet/directv

1 St. Louis, United States Review updated:

I contacted A T & T on April 20, 2018 to discuss my plan with them. They told me that they would give me a deal on upgrading my DSL to high speed internet and DirecTV. I agreed and made an appointment with the customer service person to do the installation after 5 pm as I work for a living. Two days later I received a text telling me that they would be there on April 25th believe 11am-1pm. I responded no. I finally figured out how to chat with them and said that the person I set the appointment up with told me that they would come after 5 pm. Three times I was disconnected on the text. Three times, they told me they were sorry, but were looking into it. They still never responded. After the third time I just asked the person I was chatting with to have someone to call me. When someone did, I told them my situation. I was put on hold for quite some one and finally told that they only did installations at 9 am and 11 am. I asked them why, when I originally talked to the gentlemen who set the appointment up with, didn't tell me that. They said they didn't know. I then asked them if they could afford to take off a day just to get cable. They, of course, said no. Then they transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor checked and said the same thing, that they do not do installations in the evenings or on weekends. I told him that I wanted to cancel the order. He told me he couldn't help me with that. I told him that my current DSL was extremely slow and, due to a security issue in my home, I was being told it was due to the slow DSL. He put me on hold. I was on hold for ten minutes and the next thing I knew I was talking to tech support. All and all I was texting or on the phone with A T & T for two hours.
Each and every person I talked to was rude and disrespectful. When I spoke with the salesperson originally he told me the appointment was set up after 5 pm on April 25th and now I am the bad person for wanting A T & T to honor that. I was appalled and aggravated by the end of it all and just wanted to be done with it all and A T & T. I am seriously considering going with another company altogether because I am so mad. Extremely poor customer service. By the way, when I called to cancel the high speed internet/DirecTV, they said they were having problems with the computer and would get back with me if 5-7 days!

Ba
Apr 24, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      24th of Apr, 2018

oh yes nothing is ever there fault strange how if it doesn't suit them ( there lie, promise or help) oops cant do that and other excuses
    but yet you don't pay or whatever they want there money 20 minutes ago ( send in the armed guards)
    you will be better off going with another provider
    all they care about is being paid and having you stuck in a contract ( where your rates go up despite any claim made before) oops too bad they say