AT&T DirectV

Posted: Jun 20, 2017 by

billing reflecting quotations & quality of services provided

Carol Stream, IL 60197-5007, United States
attdirecttv.com
This is the 4th attempt to fill out a complaint board form. There is frustration deluxe and absolutely no success.
The initial issue of calling ATT Direct TV was an increase of my present service provider. Upon request they refused to provide a resolution to my bill.
Called ATT Diect TV with an advertisement and they concluded my monthly billing of $104.00. This seemed very pleasing. The ATT Direct TV service representative provided me with an account number for ATT Direct TV and Century Link. Previously I was told ATT could not "bundle" in my area. At this point I was elated with my findings.
ATT Direct TV scheduled installation of TV service and did so in a timely manner. I also was told by the installer I would be the the one to initiate Century Link to accommodate installing land line telephone and did so. There scheduling and meeting such was much to b desired. Service technician to handle the phone switch over seemed to have went well. However, when making a call, 85 or 90% of the former calls now had to be dialed (1-area code-number) unbelievable. The internet modem was to be installed by myself. Modem was left on my front porch by UPS, I believe. A technician after the 3rd call came to the house and installed the modem providing internet. At this point I thought the services provided by ATT Direct TV and Century Link (with the antiquated phone system) was completed.
Now the bills come in, ATT Direct TV -$104.20 who did an auto bill pay without my authorization and Century Link-$195.87 who quoted originally $64.00. I called Century Link to no avail. Charges were stand @ $159.00. This ended my thoughts of retaining these two services providers. Period!
Consequently, then I was told by ATT Direct that I would be assessed $420.00 early contract cancellation fee. I responded . I responded that I did not nor have signed or agreed to a 2 year contract. They proclaimed I received an e-mail of some sort stating such. I do not read e-mails with few exceptions. Also when the service technican installed the TV service, I signed an electronic something. As far as I was concerned, it was verification of the installation of the TV's which was the case.
I have no idea how this fiasco materialized itself, but it did and I didn't feel obligated to contend with it.
I would appreciate the early cancellation fee in the amount of $420.00 be eliminated from my billing.

Sincerely,
Gerald J. Ficken
811 Kingsgate Drive
O'Fallon, Mo 63368-4799
Tele. No. 636-265-2571
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Satellite & Cable TV

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree