At&t

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 by

deceptive advertisement for data free directv streaming

Dallas, Georgia
att.com
AT&T advertised data free streaming on the Directv app if you have Directv bundled with your AT&T service (which I do). No fine print about limitations other that "Restrictions Apply". I watched a few movies with the Directv app and it used all of my data. I called and asked why this was. I was advised that even though the app shows a pop up prompt "Enjoy Data Free Streaming" when opening...this is only good for 200 megabytes unless you have an unlimited plan. I asked where this is stated in the fine print or online. The phone agent stated that the only give this information out verbally over the phone and that it is not written anywhere. Then the agent attempted to sell me on upgrading my data plan. This is a deceptive practice in order to get people to upgrade their plans to unlimited.
Complaint comments Comments (3)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Mobile/Cellular Service Providers

Comments

A  18th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
yes they will lie and make any excuse to corner you into a contract so they can control you more or less
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
"Restrictions apply" can cover a vast amount of things. It is important to ask in situations such as these.
N  19th of Oct, 2017 by    0 Votes
@pobarjenkins that's like saying I may be hurt today or bang my thumb
luried in the legal garbage that takes a team of lawyers to understand which basically says they are never at fault is there terms

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree