AT&T / bundle package deals

1 PO Box 930170Dallas, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-228-2020

I have had phone service with AT&T since April 2005 I added AT&T yahoo internet service at rate of $19.99 a month. Had number change or new account set up not sure In June 2007 I called to add bundle service which would include cable TV, phone and internet all in one bill. Biggest mistake ever made. July 13, 2007 dish network was installed and they cut our phone lines. We had dish network but no home phone. On July 16, 2007 I called and cancel dish network did not like the fact that when I changed channel on bedroom TV my granddaughter TV would also change. When my August 5, 2007 bill came in I called AT&T and dish network to dispute $74.96 bill since I had canceled the dish, I only had it three days of service. Dish network told me that on July 26, 2007 they had credit my account. On August 15, 2007 I paid $92.16. Then September bill comes in again the dish charges are still their, called again and was transfer again to dish network, was told I had a zero balance. I only paid current balance $89.62. October bill comes in and again dish network is their as a past due bill, I called again and only paid $89.60. November bill come in and again dish network is still past due, I called again and only paid current amount due $89.61. December bill comes in and again past due dish network is still their, I called again and just like all the other months was told it is dish network fault but we will take care of it. And then in January the bill comes in again dish network is still past due, but I also get a disconnection notice for the past due amount of $74.96 which now my home phone and internet will be cut off. What do I do now I have called ever month the take care of this issues finally I get a called from Mr. Rodriquez 1/[protected] from dish network and he again tells me you do not have a balance due with dish network.

By this time I am very upset and my nerves are shot, not only do I pay my bill every month but now I am going to get disconnected for a past due balance I do not own. And I can not get any help from anyone at AT&T customer service department; they have past me over to different departments and keep me on the phone for over hours at a time.

I finally gave up and call Public Utility Commission of Texas (complaint #CP2008011184) And than I call AT&T again and ask for my service to be turn off for January 21, 2008 since that was when my service was my disconnection notice for, then I get a bill for $0.47 cents. By now in March4. 2008 I received another letter for outstanding balance due and if I do not pay my account it will be turn over to an outside collection agency for further collection. I called AT&T again and was told this is not for phone service but for my internet services because I cancel service before the 12months contract was up. Even with all the calls I made and could not get my issues resolved I had no choice but to cancel my all my services. You have no idea how my nerves have been during this whole process over six months.

Comments

• Va
      13th of Jun, 2008
    AT&T - Continued billing for closed account
    AT&T
    www.att.com

We had what the phone company called a metro number. It allowed us to call anywhere in the greater Houston area as a local call. AT&T called us and offered a less expensive option that would remove the metro line and make it a local line. We asked if my work and a few other places would still be a local call. They told us it would, so we switched plans and had to take a new phone number. A month later we got a bill for both lines. We called customer service at AT&T and were told not to worry about it and it would come off. The next month - the same thing. Again they told us it would come off the bill. I dialled the old number and it rang but no one answered. Now three months later we receive a collection notice. We called their collections department and told them what their customer service said and we gave them the dates, times, and the names of the people we spoke to. They told us to pay or the line would be shut off. I told them it was shut off. They sent out account to a collection agency. These are very disagreeable people. We paid the $187 to get these people off of us. Funny that the collection agency and AT&T used the new number, eh?